PDA

View Full Version : Do you change outfits frequently during a crossdressing session?

Ria
11-23-2010, 12:58 AM
I do, I'm guessing others do also.

Do you feel like, when you're dressed that you only have 2 hours or whatever- so you want to enjoy as many outfits as possible? including shoes. More so the feeling of wearing them.

Or do you pick something out, then keep that on until you're done?

I can be such a teenaged girl sometimes! It can be distracting if I'm trying to be productive.

katrinakat
11-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Sometimes, but the one thing I can't leave behind, is my make-up bag and brushes. Plus lip-stick, cause it never stay put.

Vikki Vixen
11-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Yes when I get the chance to dress for the evening I will change a few times, especially shoes. My wife has got used to it and expects a change every time I get up and move around the house.

Karren H
11-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Well I don't do two hours any more. Just not worth it to me. 8 to 12 minimum. 24 is better. And I will pick an outfit and maybe modify it a little before I leave. Then depending on the time of day slip into my pink satin PJs to sleep... Then when I wake up.... repeat step one..

Danni Bear
11-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Ria,

I am a woman and I never seem to get out of the house with what I started with. LOL

changing your mind or your outfit.

Welcome to the club called womanhood

Danni

Jeannie
11-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Yes I do, often two or three changes during the day (when I get to dress all day). However I am trying to stay with one more and more these days.

Jeannie

Diane Smith
11-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Since I've started going out and about relatively freely, I don't dress much at home just for the fun of it anymore. If I put on an outfit, it will stay on for 4 - 20 hours just like any other woman dressing for the day. The only time I do quick changes is when I'm trying things on, either in a store or at home, trying to work out an appropriate combination for my next outing. But that's more "work" than "pleasure."

I find getting out of the house, committing to showing off my outfit to a lot of people in public, and just living life as a girl (if only for a few hours or a day) to be much more satisfying in the long run than looking at myself in the mirror. Each to her own, of course!

- Diane

AllieSF
11-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I really do not dress to stay around the house anymore. That died out over time as I started going out more and more. So now my dressing centers around two distinct and connected activities. Once I know when and where I will be going, I start to think about what to wear. A couple of days prior to going out I will then put together what I want to wear. That normally requires several outfit changes as I try to match up the bottom (skirt and now slacks) with a top (blouse, knit top, sweater) and all that with shoes, a belt (or no belt) and jewelry. Finally, what jacket or coat or cardigan sweater goes with all that. So, even though I am not sitting around after dressing at home, I am trying on a lot of combinations of different items of clothing and accessories. Now, if I am am going out during the day and then will continue into the evening, I will workout two different and venue appropriate outfits and then while out change later in the afternoon in some quiet location (e.g. parking lot).

The second part of my multiple changes when dressing is what I already described when I change from day wear to night attire. It is actually a lot of work, but also a lot of fun and a continual learning experience as I mix and match and strut around at home trying to decide what goes best with what. I love it all, except for that dreaded cleaning up and putting everything away when I am done.

aya-chan
11-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah, I change outfits like that sometimes as well. When I don't have long I might wear one thing for half an hour then switch to another.

JustineFallow
11-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Yep. I'll change outfits, wigs, and depending on what type of nails I'm wearing, hosiery. I find, though, that I'll settle into one of them and stay in it for the rest of the session.

Melissa Rose
11-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Since I mainly dress to go out, I do not change my outfits very often. I'm often in the same clothes for 4-16 hours at a time. I might change between day time casual wear and something a little nicer for the evening. It depends on what I'm doing and where I am going. I rarely dress and stay in.

paulinescotlandcd
11-23-2010, 05:14 AM
I wil change dresses maybe 4 times. It can be a bit of a problem when shoes and stockings don't match the new dress. But I have to make the most of my fun time.

t-girlxsophie
11-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Really depends on my mood (just like a woman lol) If i have picked out an ensemble that I'm really happy with It stays on,but on the odd Occasion I may have 2 0r maybe even 3 changes,especialy if I'm having an extended dressing time.Thats always my excuse when it's time for a collection to go to the Charity Shop,"hey I wear that" LOL

:hugs:Sophie

Loni
11-23-2010, 05:59 AM
some times yes and some times no. just depends on my mood and what i am up to that day/night.
sometimes the outfit just does not "fit" and must find another item or thing to have on.

eluuzion
11-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Most people have that favorite sweatshirt/tee-shirt that they wear as the standard lounging uniform at home. For me, it is a little black dress and 5" black pumps, lol. It is my favorite. I wear it most of the time. I have lots of clothes, but no...I do not change like a runway model every time I dress. For pictures, yes.

:love:

StaceyJane
11-23-2010, 06:35 AM
I pick out an outfit and will stick with it for the day.
Now if i find somethings I like at Macy's I will have to try them on. :)

erickka
11-23-2010, 06:51 AM
I used to, but now maybe only once. I'll dress to do housework, etc, then once finished, I'll get derssed in some "good" clothes until it is time to go back to drabsville.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Yes, it's very rare I will wear the same outfit during a dress up session.

Usually I start with the main outfit I plan to wear and start picture taking, sometimes minor changes will be made with shoes, or hosiery. Most of the time my first group of pics look horribile so I will go to the "back up", or "2nd String Outfit."

If that outfit does not work there are the "C" and "D" or "3rd and 4th String", reserve/back up outfits. If after the fourt outfit my pics are not working out. It's just time to hang it up for the day and go back to male mode.

Statistically it's usually the "2nd String" outfit that is posted here.

Sarasometimes
11-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I usually don't have a long enough time slot to change outfits but it would be fun to do. I will change shoes though since that only takes a few minutes.

AKAMichelle
11-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I use to when it was a part-time deal. Now that I can dress whenever I want, I find the only time that happens is when I am trying to figure out what to wear.

TGMarla
11-23-2010, 11:34 AM
I rarely change once I'm all dressed. Once in a while. But for the most part, my sessions begin and end with the same outfit. It takes some real time to get ready, so I don't generally change boats in mid-stream.

docrobbysherry
11-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I think girls that dress and go out, usually wear that same outfit all day.:)

Since my dressing sessions always seem to be big production numbers lasting 4 hours or more, I usually pick 3 or more outfits.:D

However, I sometimes will run out of gas before I've tried them all! That tite laced corset REALLY starts digging in after 2 hours!:brolleyes:

Pythos
11-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Yes. I shamelessly say that when I am staying at home, I do several changes. Mostly to see how certain items work with others. Aside from the dresses, skirts, heels, and pantyhose, everything I wear is male clothing. I try to work on male skirted styles, thought there are times I also work on my fem or androgynous look.

I usually stick with the same makeup style if applicable

Michelle 51
11-23-2010, 12:28 PM
When i couldn't dress very often i would change quite often.Seems like i was trying to keep the high rolling but i dress at least partily every day so mostly i pick out something and go with it now.

SherriePall
11-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Many times at home I will change outfits partway through my dressing time. If it's a really favorite outfit, I will keep it on the whole time. And sometimes it depends on how busy I am doing things while dressed. If I keep myself busy I keep the same outfit.

Emily Ann Brown
11-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I day for the day and then I change into my pajamas and go asleep.

Em

Lorna
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
I can't usually be dressed for more than a couple of hours so I prefer to use the time enjoying the clothes rather than chopping and changing. Sometimes, though, if I can make the change quickly - different skirt, different colour stockings or tights - I go ahead and do it. If a change is needed right down to underwear it takes too long and I simply make a note to do things differently next time.

Amanda22
11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Great topic, Ria. (nice photos, too!) Yeah, I'm a 15-year-old girl when it comes to clothes/jewelry/makeup, because I love it so much I pick out an outfit then my mind starts wandering about changing it with a different top, so back to the closet I go. And I don't even have the excuse of limited dressing time! My wife will see me walk through the house dressed to the nines, then come back through 15 minutes later wearing something casual. She just laughs. I could play dress-up for a living. I just want to dive into a big pile of clothes and shoes. I told my wife a couple of nights ago that I just want to wear everything I have at once so I don't have to keep changing. Made no sense, really, except that it's like putting my arms around everyone I love all at once.

Seriously, how can anyone look down on us as crossdressers?? It's the most beautiful and harmless activity!

PretzelGirl
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Put me in the group where I put something on and that is it whether it is for 1 or 12 hours, whether I am staying in or out. There will be rare changes, but that is when the plans change.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Not lately, I have a nice summer dress and longline cardi I simply adore but always like to see if this goes with this and that goes with that and if I alter that will it go with this. How bout if I mix n match too? Decisions, decisions never get answered just create more decisions to be answered when I get to another decision. OMG then its shoes, like does that outfit look better or worse with this pair of shoes or that other pair? Then it becomes makeup, which style goes best with that outfit. Like in male mode its usually that old worn T shirt and the trusty boardies and that is all, who cares. As soon as I go Female mode it is argghhh, got to look nice. Giggling as I flick through the sales brochures for Xmas, women's section of course.

jenna_woods
11-23-2010, 11:06 PM
not usually because wen fully dressed I am out and about, shopping, shopping.,

Sophie86
11-23-2010, 11:58 PM
What is a "session"?

What happened to having a life?

I have a wife and two wonderful children. I homeschool the kids and take care of the house while my wife works. My wife and I have agreed that the kids need a father, and that, while it's okay for them to occasionally see me dressed up for a particular event, it's better that I not spend my time around them dressed en femme. Therefore, my dressing is mostly limited to those times when the kids are not around. Sometimes that's only for a few hours, but during that "session" I'll do a complete dress up and usually try on more than one outfit. Sometimes we're able to get rid of the kids overnight so that we can have a girls' night in. For those times I'll pick one outfit and stay with it until bedtime.

Hopefully, that answered both of your questions.

Aprilrain
11-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Unless I'm going out in the evening I don't put to much thought in to it panties, bra, jeans, tee shirt, socks usually in that order oh yeah and a few spritz of body mist down there. This is of course after I spend 30 min fussing over my makeup. Hey that's way better than 2 hours like I use to.

Of course it wasn't always like that and back when I was thoroughly closeted and only had a few things none of which matched or looked good together or good on me I just put what ever felt good on. Some times that was all of it! Lol.

dorylinn
11-24-2010, 12:35 AM
so you want to enjoy as many outfits as possible?

I change often, trying on several combination's.... so many different skirts..... so many different colors... so many different moods :daydreaming:

darla_g
11-24-2010, 01:32 AM
i agree with Karren, i wont dress up just for an hour or two. i want a block of time just to hang out. i might as well take some pictures then and then i might as well try out that new outfit i picked out..... so the answer would be yes!

Ria
11-24-2010, 01:56 AM
What is a "session"?

What happened to having a life?

I have a wife and two wonderful children. I homeschool the kids and take care of the house while my wife works. My wife and I have agreed that the kids need a father, and that, while it's okay for them to occasionally see me dressed up for a particular event, it's better that I not spend my time around them dressed en femme. Therefore, my dressing is mostly limited to those times when the kids are not around. Sometimes that's only for a few hours, but during that "session" I'll do a complete dress up and usually try on more than one outfit. Sometimes we're able to get rid of the kids overnight so that we can have a girls' night in. For those times I'll pick one outfit and stay with it until bedtime.

Hopefully, that answered both of your questions.

Thank YOU Sophie.

you're lifestyle may include a fully open CD lifestyle or something in between... good for you. Like Sophie, I have two little girls who need a father and that's what I'll deliver- not something alternative, my choice. I can delve into the "grey area" later when they're older. Moreover, I love being a guy as much as I do a girl. So yes... I have crossdressing sessions. Sometimes my time is short, sometimes several hours.

In response to your comment "What happened to having a life". I have a great life and my crossdressing sessions are meaningful and fulfilling.

busker
11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm simply a dress at home person but I do stay dressed until bedtime. Dressing and undressing and redressing sounds awfully neurotic. Pick an outfit, dress and then do something. I read the news, read the threads here or do things that need to be done--I don't want to just sit around "lookin' cute". that is what I meant and I think MKLINDEN meant as well.by " having a life". Otherwise it seems to turn the pleasure of dressing into something akin to a shopping spree at the local store.:2c:

dilane
11-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm fortunate enough to have time, so I don't dress unless I have all day. It takes me upwards of two hours to get ready.

I dress to go out -- once I got the experience, voice and confidence, it's so much more fun than staying indoors.

If I'm going clubbing after a day out, I'll usually stop back in the evening to change outfits and redo my makeup.

But if I just stop off for a drink and a bite in my local bar, I'll wear what I've had on all day.

-- Diane

Sonia_cd
11-25-2010, 01:11 AM
If its to do a photo shoot...then yes. I change a million time :)
If its just another day...then no. Unless I really really don't like how the outfit looks and feels on me at that time.

Christy_M
11-25-2010, 01:23 AM
I straddle both camps...when I have a bunch of new stuff that hasn't been tried on, I will spend the time going through the outfits to see how they look and make me feel. Other times, I will get dressed and stay that way for as long as I can. Rarely it is more than a couple hours...3 tops although I do have an opportunity every two months to spend 3 hours for a few nights in one week.

GingerLeigh
11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I rarely have more than a couple of hours so yes. I change frequently and I get bored with what I have. That's when the pink fog hits and I go out shopping. So its either I have the time to shop, or I have time to dress.

Ginger

JennSC
11-25-2010, 01:30 PM
When I first returned from an overseas deployment a couple of months ago everytime I dressed I changed outfits every 30 minutes! LOL I had to catch up for 12 months of lost time... Now that things have settled down a bit, when lounging at home (I have the benefit of being single since I returned from deployment) I tend to dress as most GGs do at home... comfortable! Of course undergarments and my wig, but my outfit depends on what i am doing; cooking, chores, watching TV, etc. Right now in a pair of pink sweatpants and pink trimmed white sweatshirt, on the couch watching football I glance down at my passion pink painted toe-nails and am comforted that I am just another girl enjoying a football game!

I guess a part of my journey is being comfortable in my own skin, knowing that Lisa Jennifer is present no matter what I have on. Does a GG wearing jeans and a t-shirt make her any less of a woman? Of course not! So also with me, I may be ##### outwardly when I go to work or the grocery store, but in my heart, and at home and when I am out en femme I am all LJ!

Do I love to dress? Of course. I have my Thanksgiving dinner planned for later this afternoon, and keeping with the tradition of my family of origin plan to shower, shave, and dress semi-formally, including make-up and all the trimmings... including my pearls! This is one girl who loves to keep up those old Southern Traditions.... Mamosa's anyone???

ArleneRaquel
11-25-2010, 01:42 PM
No ! Because I live as a woman 24/7 I dress as the occasion dictates. House cleaning & laundry clearly dictates appropriate attire, for me, shorts and top, for clubbling/dating more sexually stimulating clothing is more fitting.( Lol ). Bedtime attire is entirely another matter. :o :battingeyelashes:

Barbara Dugan
11-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes I do...always one naughty and other nice:o

Paula W
11-25-2010, 03:22 PM
I like to change all the time because I don't dress up all that often for the time being. I will try on several different things but almost always end up wearing my favorite dress at the end of it all.

Kate Simmons
11-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Not a session per se Hon but I have done it during a show between dance numbers.:)

ClaireT
11-25-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm an uncomplicated soul, I get dressed for the day ahead and stay that way.

Angiemead12
11-25-2010, 11:58 PM
depends on my mood, if I have my camera out yes I will put on another outfit for some memories!

SallyS
11-26-2010, 07:39 AM
When I first was able to dress openly in front of my wife I used to try all sorts of clothes on, just trying to find a 'look' that suited me.

Nowadays I tend to have a 3 mornings where I could dress-up, and when I do I usually stay in one outfit.

Of course when I do get a few new outfits I try them all on:)

danielletorresani
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM
When I dress, I usually have 4-5 hours at a time to do it, and I try to fit in as many outfits as possible in that time.

Abbey Lane
11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Well since I work from home I usually try to change every hour. It's just more fun that way. But sometimes if I have a conference call for =1-2 hours then stay the same. One of these days I am sure to slip up when I zipper a dress up and the mute button is off. Been on vacation a week so Abbey has to come out and dress this week for sure. I truly missed it.

NicoleScott
11-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I usually plan ahead what I'm going to wear during my dressup sessions. Sometimes I get total satisfaction with what I chose to wear, but sometimes it just doesn't do it for me and I change into another outfit. And sometimes I like to see what wigs, shoes, jewelry, etc. goes with various outfits. It's fun.

CDTiffany
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I always make a night out out of playing dress up!!!!!!!!!!
Mega outfit changes non-stop!!!!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads

Maryesther M.
11-29-2010, 10:28 PM
If I bother to get all that make-up and nail varnish &c. on I'm in for a photography session as well, so I would normally have at least a few outfits and/or combinations ready to change into, so I end up with a better selection of CD photos to browse through and edit &c. afterwards, which I freely admit is a large part of the fun of crossdressing for me.

avalana
11-29-2010, 10:40 PM
sometimes i change a few times in a day, it's like,you know,therapy! but other times everything clicks and i'll stay with it until nighty time

debbeelee1
11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
When I get the chance, I pick out 5 or 6 outfits, but usually only wear 3 or 4, depending on how much time I have and if my SO likes them or not!

suchacutie
11-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I also try to dress for 6-8 hours at a crack, so usually I'll get my nails finished early in the day, then dress for the afternoon doing some crafts or reading or making dinner. Then Tina usually changes, which is nominally "dressing for dinner", and she will stay in that the rest of the night for whatever activities my wife and Tina have planned.

:)

Stephanie47
11-30-2010, 03:04 AM
When I get six hours of time I usually dress in one outfit from bra, panties and slip to a pretty dress. The only thing I may change is my high heels. My feet get tired in 4"-5" heels, so I change to 2" heels. I have too much to do around the house to get time to change dresses. Wearing a different dress a day will take me over two months before I repeat the dress. Today I received two dresses I purchased on eBay, so I will have to try on both. That includes changing at least my slip because one dress is primarily black and the other white.

susann_gardener
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Does 3 different bras in the last 20 minutes count?

Gaby2
12-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I tend to get lost! Normally a piece of clothing shouts at me - try me on! This can happen often on one single day. Sometimes I put on various "layers" - for instance two dresses at once. There are phases where underwear, particularly bras and nylons, become quite obsessive.
My nicest moments are when I settle into a particular outfit or combination and I have enough time to relax - I then have the feeling that "I've arrived home".
Gaby

Caprica
12-25-2010, 10:29 AM
This has been a major problem for me.
When I had a lot of time to dress a few years back my problem was that I had no nice outfits to wear nor I had any wig or shoes to go along with that. So in these days I mostly ended up wearing one or two outfits for a few hours.
Now my situation is quite the opposite. I finally have some nice clothes to wear, but on the other hand I have no time to enjoy them. I live with a few roommates, so I hardly ever get to stay alone, and even when I do I tend to find more urgent matters to deal with (work, studying etc.).
So basically now I have an hour or so for myself from time to time. I try to wear as many different combinations of clothes as possible so I can to make the best of the little time I have.

Jolene
12-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I do, I'm guessing others do also.

Do you feel like, when you're dressed that you only have 2 hours or whatever- so you want to enjoy as many outfits as possible? including shoes. More so the feeling of wearing them.

I can be such a teenaged girl sometimes! It can be distracting if I'm trying to be productive.

I do the same here. I will put something on and than try other things on and come up with different combinations and outfits. That is fun for me, but there are times like today as I write this, I am wearing a beige skirt suit with a white satin blouse with heels, which after posting this will have to change out of into drab and head off to dinner.

JohnH
12-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I usually throw on a house dress and maybe some lipstick in the morning. I have been doing that for so long that my wife was surprised one morning when I went downstairs wearing standard men's clothes. A lot of times in the evening I will wear something more dressy along with hose and heels.

So, no I don't go through a bunch of clothing since for me I wear dresses over half the time. My wife on the other hand never wears dresses except for a cotton nightgown.

For sleepwear I wear a long tricot nightgown.

So my clothes are a bit more femme than a lot of GG's, including my wife!

Johanna

Drew Painter
12-26-2010, 09:31 AM
I pick something out and go with it..I like to do all I can with one outfit in a short time......

Didi
12-26-2010, 10:44 AM
If I'm doing a photo shoot, yes, lots of changes

Sarah Doepner
12-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I love mixing and matching, so when I get a new top, skirt or pair of pants it's not unusual to try that item on with anything in the closet that may work. I find combinations I like and when I get a chance to go out I'll be in the same outfit for as long as I'm out. This morning I don't have anything new to try on, so I'll probably not change until I have to get back to guy mode.

S. Lisa Smith
12-26-2010, 06:36 PM
If I'm going out, it's one outfit. However, if I'm home for the evening, I usually try out 2 or 3 outfits.

Raychel
12-26-2010, 07:06 PM
On the rare occasions that I actually do get to dress for any length of time I almost always get changed a few times. At least change dresses. My shoes are a differant story, I only really have one pair that fits right. The rest of them I can only wera for very short periods of time.

stefanie
12-27-2010, 12:06 PM
of course! but when traveling....i only have so much so more limited

tinysquid
12-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Absolutely! I love changing it up a lot! In fact I have to remember to stop changing sometimes and just relax...=P