PDA

View Full Version : It has been so nice

Pythos
11-23-2010, 01:54 AM
For the last week and a half I have had some freedom.

I have been able to slip into leggings instead of jeans before headed to work, and not having to pull over a loose pair of pants before returning home.

It has been nice to see my alternating Blue and Black toe nails.

It's been nice to just fling my worn pantyhose onto the laundry pile, and leave the day's skirt on the floor before going to bed (YEa, I can be a slob :))

To leave my makeup out on my dresser instead of stuffed away in the costume bag has been liberating, if only in a limited way.

Leave my heels out visibly on my floor.

All this goes away for a while. My mother returns tomorrow, and so this has to happen. Tonight I remove my nail color, put away my clothes, and heels. Be sure to put my pantyhose in the mesh washing bag at the bottom of my laundry.

This is something I do not want to have with a future SO.

Such simple and silly pleasure....that will be missed.

I love my mom, but I hate her restrictions.

I gotta get out of here. LOL

AllieSF
11-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Pythos I had that same feeling last week when I spent two nights at a hotel in Las Vegas. Now, I am neater than you are. However, it was still a special feeling knowing that I could come home after a day or night out and just continue to be Allie up until I needed to take a shower before going out again. Everything had its place in the room. I could leave a little mess and clean it up later. My makeup was on the vanity in the little room next to the bathroom. My clothes hung in the closet over my shoes on the floor.

Alas, all that came to an end when I arrived home and back to my mixed mode life. With my son living here I happily endure my self imposed restrictions. Thanks for sharing.

PretzelGirl
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Pythos, I am glad you had your time to be you. We all need this every now and then. Take advantage of each and every opportunity.

If you feel you never want this restriction again, then I would consider making it a personal policy that if you go into a LTR (marraige, living together, etc) that you will promise yourself that you will tell her. It is your life and you deserve to be happy. Yes, it can be painful to lose someone after telling, but which is worse that or hiding for years? Just a suggestion, but it sounds like one that may work for you.

Karren H
11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I know that feeling too well... Last spring when my wife was away for a month and last week... 4 weeks of business trips... Coming to an end... When the cleaning staff came into my room.. They couldn't find anything that said a woman wasn't staying there... :). Ohh welll...

Juliemckay
11-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I know that feeling too well... Last spring when my wife was away for a month and last week... 4 weeks of business trips... Coming to an end... When the cleaning staff came into my room.. They couldn't find anything that said a woman wasn't staying there... :). Ohh welll...

In my youth, I spent several years touring with a rock band. If you want some tips on trashing a hotel room, just let me know.

Karren H
11-23-2010, 12:37 PM
In my youth, I spent several years touring with a rock band. If you want some tips on trashing a hotel room, just let me know.

And I was feeling bad because I got makeup on one of the bed spreads!! Lol.

GingerLeigh
11-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Wife will be gone for a night. The kids will be staying elsewhere. I will be able to wear whatever I wish when I get home from work! I can't wait!

Pythos
11-24-2010, 11:48 AM
She has been back 1 day. 1 friggin day. She has told me to get my hair cut 4 TIMES!!!!

This is just an example of one of the things that drive me nuts!!! My hair is not even that long. She sees it when it is not combed, or is messy from a days work. If she would just let it grow out, it will look good. It is in that in between stage.

She was nosing about my room looking at this or that. This morning she barged in to my room as I was getting dressed. NONE of that did I miss while she was gone.

Thing is, I have told her this, and she does not listen.

Samantha B L
11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
My mother can be a real pain in the ass even though growing up she was more lenient than most moms and I was in a way lucky to have her and dad for my parents. I'm getting my ears peirced at a nearby shopping mall in December and I'm hoping she won't bellyache and carry on about it.

KayleeDahl
11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
I had a similar experience of having a week of peace from other family members being in the house. I hated the restrictions once they got back, and resolved to get my own place. I know have that freedom pretty much every day, and its worth every cent of rent & utils :)

No more nagging about the length of my hair, what i'm having for dinner, or why I spend so much time in my room. Hopefully you can have this someday too Pythos.

Hugs
Kaylee

Presh GG
11-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Pythos,
I feel for you, I really do.
I love my Mother , but I couldn't live with her.

Why not try another tack, It just might work.
Invite her for coffee [or a glass of wine] , at the kitchen table. Start talking about what you remember about your childhood, ONLY good memories ! She may just remember you are still the son she was so proud of, the true love of her life. [ All moms feel this way ] . Bring the conversation around to You are grown. She did her job. Tell her you love her, thank her for the great childhood. Ask her again for some privacy, but in a loveing way. Kind of invite her into your life , the one you want her to share [ not the other one LOL ] I think she's feeling left out. [ better to bitch at you than no conversation at all]
Are you the only other one liveing in the house ?

Gosh, I hope this works for you.
Remember I don't know her or you, so I may be way off base.
Presh GG