PDA

View Full Version : surprised

melanieee
11-23-2010, 02:38 AM
I was in the changing room in a opp shop trying on a dress when I heard the curtain rings rattle as they opened. I looked around and saw a 1 year old girl looking at me.We both stared at each other for about 10 seconds, neither of us spoke, then she dropped the curtain and wandered off, looking for her Mum I guess. I chuckled to myself wondering what she could say to her mum, if anything. Happened to any one else, with an articulate child?

Gina X
11-23-2010, 04:50 AM
I just wondered ,is a child that age aware of the gender difference ??

Love Gina x

alice clair
11-23-2010, 07:31 AM
you should have helped her find her mom

Karren H
11-23-2010, 07:39 AM
stared at each other for about 10 seconds, neither of us spoke

She hadn't learned yet! :)

I would have called the police... What mother would let her 1 year old toddler wander around in a store dressing room??

I've had kids come up to me enfemme and just stare. Always afraid they would run off and to their parents screaming "that lady is really a man!!". Lol. But they never have... Yet...

eluuzion
11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Sounds like another case of dysfunctional parenting in action... every store has it's share of wandering kiddies. I am amazed how some parents are oblivious to the risk they exposing their children to.

As to the child's thoughts...based on observations in stores...most toddlers focus on two things while in a store...Screaming and searching for candy... Unless you were wearing a Bear costume, you were just a forgotten image about two steps later.

:love:

Chickhe
11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
That is scary because you did nothing wrong, but if you get a biggoted mother...watch out... but, the best thing to do is just smile and direct them back to their mommy. Most young kids only know gender by how people dress. My young daughter in grade 2 was watching 'Hairspray' the other night and had no idea the main character was John Travolta and she also watched Mrs Doubtfire before and didn't connect the babysitter and father... kind of funny, I want to see her face when she finally connects the dots.

AKAMichelle
11-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't think that I would have known what to say either. That puts you in a very akward spot.

DonnaT
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
She must have been older than 1 to be wandering around at all. And if that was her age, I doubt she has an understandable vocabulary yet.

Kate Simmons
11-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm wondering why she did that without her Mum closely in tow? Mum musta seen you too Hon.:)

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Where was the mother? That is so ridiculous to allow her baby to run around unsupervised. What if there was an accident? who is responsible then?