PDA

View Full Version : The replies when you come out

PretzelGirl
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
It is interesting the funny or surprising questions that we hear right when we come out to someone. I thought it would be good to put a number together.

Funny - My wife's best friend: "So how many sequin dresses do you own?"

Surprising - My daughter: "So do you have a name and another persona?" I was caught off-guard there.

Predictable/Funny - My Son-In-Law (and I told my daughter this would happen): I told him, he started laughing, I told him I wasn't joking, he got the "Oh Sh*t look", and then I had to save him and real the situation in.

So what are your favorite responses?

Kelly DeWinter
11-23-2010, 12:46 PM
From one friend, "sooooo, when we have dinner, I don't mind holding the chair, but dinner will have to be dutch."

Zoie
11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
"So does this mean you like guys"? Reply: "Putting on a dress doesnt make one gay.. bending over does"

Paula W
11-23-2010, 11:06 PM
My little sister had the same reaction almost. After my parents had busted me I figured I might as well tell my little sister because she is cool and I knew she would be accepting. I called her on the phone and told her but she didn't believe me. I am somewhat of a joker I guess but it still cracks me up to think about the conversation. I had to hand the phone to my mom so she could tell my sister I wasn't joking. After finally realizing I was serious she said we had to go shopping when she came back from school and asked if I had a female name for myself. She is pretty interested about the whole situation being a Psychology major and all.

Lottie
11-23-2010, 11:24 PM
My mother: "It's not weird, one of our former family friends had me dress him up even!"

Was not expecting it! o.o

Aleca
11-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I think it's ok if people laugh. People are going to react no matter what because what they see is totally out of the norm, especially if they are used to us as our born male selves. My neighbor, she had a good laugh the other day, I gave her a friendly wave and she did the same. I am trying to very gradually and cautiously come out to the neighbors so I can freely move about the house inside and out more and get more work done. It is very unpredictable what people will think. People who I think will try to hurt or humiliate me might not and actually be supportive. Neighbor lady next door, she is a lesbian yet doesn't mean or guarantee she will be supportive.

Sophie86
11-23-2010, 11:39 PM
My mother: "It's not weird, one of our former family friends had me dress him up even!"

I think we have a winner. :)

docrobbysherry
11-23-2010, 11:45 PM
What great posts! I'll bet MANY of us closet denizens have wondered what folks would say if we told them? I certainly have!

In MY case, I'm pretty sure if they believed me, they would think my CDing meant I tried on nylons occasionally! I'd probably have to show them a picture! And, then? OMG, I have NO IDEA!

Megan70
11-23-2010, 11:50 PM
In MY case, I'm pretty sure if they believed me, they would think my CDing meant I tried on nylons occasionally! I'd probably have to show them a picture! And, then? OMG, I have NO IDEA!
There goes the medical license to practice doc.

Rianna Humble
11-24-2010, 04:13 AM
I think my favourite was when I told my niece but said that I would be going to her cousin's wedding in drab because it was too close and I didn't want to spoil her day. The reply came back with no hesitation "You won't get away with that at my wedding, you're coming as Rianna!"

Jonianne
11-24-2010, 04:40 AM
It was a lot easier to share with females, but a couple of the guys I have told, ended up sharing things about their past, that they would never tell other males.

KandisTX
11-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Daughter: "When can I buy you a bra and panties"? This was after a couple hours of talking to her when she sort of figured it out for herself.

I've only had one bad experience and lost three "friends" because of it, but very quickly realized that I didn't need friends who did not accept everything about me.

Raychel
11-24-2010, 06:57 AM
My mother "Hmmm, I thought it was you brother"

Amanda22
11-24-2010, 09:17 AM
When two female friends came over to my wife's and my house for dinner recently, and I was dressed very nicely, one of them said, "Don't expect us to put on dresses and heels just because you do. You can be the pretty one!"

Not surprisingly, that was music to my ears...

AKAMichelle
11-24-2010, 03:44 PM
The response was no way. She thought I was a biker dude and she just couldn't get her head around it

kristinacd55
11-24-2010, 03:59 PM
my mother: "it's not weird, one of our former family friends had me dress him up even!"

was not expecting it! O.o

classic!!!! :)

Loni
11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
I think my favourite was when I told my niece but said that I would be going to her cousin's wedding in drab because it was too close and I didn't want to spoil her day. The reply came back with no hesitation "You won't get away with that at my wedding, you're coming as Rianna!"

do we get to see a photo of you in a bridesmaid dress?

Christine Abrams
11-24-2010, 04:11 PM
My father was shocked; most of my friends told me that they didn't see anything feminine about me; then I began styling my hair differently and shaving, and they'd start actually referring to me as "her" and "she". Strangely enough, this embarrassed them, even though it's exactly what I was going for!

Rianna Humble
11-24-2010, 04:27 PM
do we get to see a photo of you in a bridesmaid dress?

Don't know if I'll be a bridesmaid, but when it happens, I'll be sure to post pictures. Trouble is it may not be until 2012

dana digs sweaters
11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
My mom " and that is suppose to be news to me?" :o

Alice B
11-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Most of my family said it was cool, but that was about it, other than liking my toe nails polish.. My wife just says it is OK. A couple of close female friends loved it and asked me to send them photos of me dressed and gave me great compliments. None of my male friend know and thus it shall stay.

JohnH
11-24-2010, 05:16 PM
For me there is no coming out - everybody knows that I wear skirts, dresses, and at times heels. I have never kept my crossdressing a secret.

Jilmac
11-24-2010, 05:20 PM
My ex wife had known about my dressing before we were ever married, she was never aware of the extent of it, nor did she ever approve of it. She was in the hospital battling a lengthy heart ailmant when I showed her pictures of Jill, and her very first response was, "do you shave your legs"?

Joankristy
11-24-2010, 11:14 PM
The first person I told asked me three yimes if I was gay. Then she asked me why do I do it.And what do I wear and all that other stuff. When I told my brother and his wife they accepted it without question!

Jocelyn Quivers
11-25-2010, 09:28 AM
My Wife's initial response was suprising/funny. Huh?? What?? No !! You a cross-dresser, no way!! Your kidding right? Your just so masculine!! I would have never thought you are one!!

I think she thought I was playing a prank on her initially.

Until she saw my wardrobe and pictures.

GingerLeigh
11-25-2010, 11:35 PM
My dad, gotta love him... "So what? I like pantyhose too, just when they're on a womens legs." Followed by "...I don't care that you wear women's clothes, you're still the same man I knew 5 minutes ago..."

He's the only one I told so far.

siantv2003
11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
My mom " and that is suppose to be news to me?" :o

LOL - And we think we are being so careful. Mums just seem to know everything!!

juligirl1984
11-27-2010, 03:13 AM
I hope thats wha tmy mom says.

simpsonfan5
11-27-2010, 09:49 AM
A girl I told asked a few funny questions
"So have you worn a thong?"
and
"Does this mean you want to run away and become a woman?"

I said yes to the first and no to the second.

MargaretJ
11-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I showed my sister 2 photos of me, a portrait and a full length one in a dress, and asked her if she knew who that was. She stared at the portrait and didn't have a clue, and after a long look at the other one said "is that you?" Then she asked me what make up I used, and put me right on the use of foundation, gave me a foundation brush, and a bottle of the foundation she uses. It wasn't until I finished it and went to buy a new one, that I found out it was quite expensive, so I owe her big time for that.

sandra-leigh
11-27-2010, 06:28 PM
My good friend: "Oh is that all? You had me worried there that it was something serious!"

(Not in the sense that it wasn't a serious topic to me, but "serious" in the sense of major disease or criminal problems or the like.)