PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps but stepping out

Aleca
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
I've been doing so at my pace. Being unemployed and living in a community that at least respects/ tolerates TG people sure helps. Also doing some reading of self-help books. I found out some time ago that support groups, other TG folk, websites like these, they only help so much and they are great but in the end it has to be me helping myself so ironically books like Cognitive Behavior Therapy workbook and Anxiety for Dummies help me more than any TG book or site has. This past week though for me great strides in getting out. Didn't accomplish everything I wanted but at least made myself noticed. I consider being seen in public a good thing, it means I am trying. Just have to worry if (hopefully not) neighbor doesn't bring up me if ever in conversation with my wife, not quite ready to face that yet. Lady next door let out a hearty laugh seeing me in the backyard today, I just smiled, gave her a friendly wave and she did so back to me.
First time in a long, long time I am looking forward to waking up to a new day, although know with my codependency issues it can be a train wreck at any time.
Just thought I would share this...