PDA

View Full Version : Down to the wire

tanyalynn51
11-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I told my therapist that I was going to tell my best friend on or by Thanksgiving. My friend Chris is a lesbian, as Ive said before, so I know ffrom everyone on here's posts that her being a lesbian doesnt guarantee exceptance or rejection. Im taking a risk for sure, but I cant think of anyone better to take the plunge with. All the people Ive had to tell so far have been Doctors, etc. They have invited me to their house for thanksgiving dinner, and we should all be relaxed, but part of me feels as though it would be better if I could talk to Chris first tomorrow (Wednesday). Or am I overthinking this?

Danni Bear
11-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Tanya,

Who you tell and when is up to you. If Chris is a friend and you feel comfortable telling her. That is what you should do. If you are uncomfortable telling her then don't. Sounds simple but it isn't. There is always a risk involved in telling.

Danni

Stephanie Anne
11-24-2010, 01:53 AM
When you wake up tomorrow, write them a brief email pretty much saying you are transgendered and wanted them to know. That gives them time to answer you.

I advocate the bandage approach. Just rip that sucker off.

Rianna Humble
11-24-2010, 04:00 AM
If you have the chance to talk to Chris, I think you should take it. You know her better that we ever could, but I do agree that a private conversation would be better than the middle of a thanksgiving supper.

tanyalynn51
11-24-2010, 08:51 AM
If you have the chance to talk to Chris, I think you should take it. You know her better that we ever could, but I do agree that a private conversation would be better than the middle of a thanksgiving supper.

This is my thinking, Rianna. I consider Chris's gf a friend, but I have known Chris for over 6 years. And, there may be other people at the party. Im calling this morning and asking her to stop by today (she's going to be out and about, and doesnt live far away).

Kaitlyn Michele
11-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Good luck and try to remember that you are going through all this because its right for you..:hugs:

Jorja
11-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Here I am late to the party again! I would suppose by now you have talked with your friend. There is a chance of rejection by her but wouldn't you rather know it now than later? It is my guess she will be alright with it. If it were me though, I would wait until after Thanksgiving dinner is in my belly ;)

tanyalynn51
11-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Here I am late to the party again! I would suppose by now you have talked with your friend. There is a chance of rejection by her but wouldn't you rather know it now than later? It is my guess she will be alright with it. If it were me though, I would wait until after Thanksgiving dinner is in my belly ;)

I told her this morning that I wanted to talk to her about something, and she said to call and remind her if she hasnt called me back by noon. As for waiting until after dinner, I know it sounds mercenary, but I have had a few other invites for tomorrow- no really, I need to do this ASAP, or Ill lose my nerve again- this isnt the first chance Ive had. I want to spend the day with her and her gf after Ive told her. As for her gf, Chris cant tell her how to feel about it, but she can make her at least respect it (it's Chris's house).

Melody Moore
11-24-2010, 01:15 PM
My friend Chris is a lesbian
All the lesbians I know seem to be very supportive of me, and I do know lots of them now. But that's just my personal experience.
There is always the odd chance that one might not be so accepting, but from my experience I really doubt that Chris won't accept it.

SamanthaS
11-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Why should she care? She's down with the "other" team, LOL.

tanyalynn51
11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Ok, now continued on my next thread, "Told my best friend".