PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Dad for first time

DeeDee1974
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
My parents live in Florida and this past Saturday was the first time my Dad has ever seen DeeDee. He's trying really hard, but I can tell it's hard for him. Yesterday was especially hard. He did not know I have had gyno for the past several years and was a bit shocked to see my 34b in a bikini yesterday. Then my mom who haw been very involved in my transition kind of insulted him by saying if you ever got involved you know your child has breasts.

My father left the house for several hours, but when he came back we had a long positive talk. I told him he's always been there for me and it was my fault for avoiding him. He then told me he was proud of me for all of my courage and proud to call me his daughter. We both cried.

Kelly DeWinter
11-24-2010, 09:03 PM
wow i have tears reading this .

Traci Elizabeth
11-24-2010, 09:55 PM
I need another box of tissues. I am happy for you.

7sisters
11-24-2010, 10:16 PM
God bless! thank God. I'm very happy for you. Your parents are wonderful.

DeeDee1974
11-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks everyone. I was always close to my mom, she new this secret for many years. Now I really hope this is the start of a close relationship with my dad. My mom and sister are leaving for Chicago on Saturday. My dad asked me to postpone my flight week so we could spend time together. I can't wait. Although he might have to see me swimming in my bikini again. LOL.

imarocker2
11-25-2010, 08:32 AM
You are very fortunate, DeeDee. My dad never got to meet the new me. I flew home to see him back in April, right before I went FT to tell him what was going on. I just couldn't do it over the phone. He's my dad and I respect him more than that. So, we had a very nice, long talk and he was very understanding. Confused, but understanding and he made sure to tell me he just wants me to be happy and that he loves me. He has been constantly asking me questions to insure that I am ok and our relationship was great. My father passed away suddenly two months ago tomorrow and I never got to fly up there and introduce him to Erica in the flesh. My point is to make every effort to be in your parents lives, if you are lucky enough to still have one or both of them because you just never know.

DeeDee1974
11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
I know how lucky I am to have 2 supportive parents. My dad's approval means a lot to me because we weren't that close growing up. My sister was an awesome athlete and I had little interst in sports. I was into music, dance and art and spent a lot of time with my mom. So this time alone with dad will be great, he's a kind caring man.

I hope that he will want to come stay with me and my boyfriend over Christmas.

SherriePall
11-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I, too, shed some tears reading your post. Hope everything continues to go well for you.

DeeDee1974
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks again everyone. I'm starting to feel more and more like my journey into womanhood will soon just be me as a woman. My family acceptance was the most important to me. I don't really care what others think.

I'm excited for my family to come to Chicago and spend some time with me and my boyfriend. He has twin 5 year old girls and I want them to see that I am a good mother and wife as well. I know baby steps.

Rianna Humble
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
My father left the house for several hours, but when he came back we had a long positive talk. I told him he's always been there for me and it was my fault for avoiding him. He then told me he was proud of me for all of my courage and proud to call me his daughter. We both cried.

That is just SO great! Thank you for sharing that with us :bighug:

I think it took a lot of courage for your dad to say that to you, but I'm also sure it bodes well for your future relationship with him.

Natasha's Gal
11-25-2010, 11:53 AM
That's wonderful, DeeDee! A strong support network is essential I think, especially if it can include your family.
Happy Holidays!

Michelle 51
11-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for sharing that.I'm very happy for you.My femme side kicked in and a tear or two filled my eyes reading this. hugs

Michelle

Julogden
11-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us Deedee, you are truly blessed. So many parents, particularly fathers, don't or can't accept their offspring's gender issues. It's great that your dad is able to deal with your transition.

Carol:hugs:

DeeDee1974
11-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Hey everyone!

Thanks again for the support. Today was day one alone with Dad. He was such a trooper. I had to go shopping today because there was a drastic drop in temperature here in northern Florida and I only brought short skirts and bathing suits. LOL. My dad came with and paid for everything. I got two pairs of skinny jeans and three sweaters as well as a pair of brown knee high boots. I also got three new bra and panty sets from Victorias Secret.

We ended at dinner just talking about how I felt growing up. I feel like my dad really wants to understand me.

katrinakat
11-28-2010, 01:11 AM
I know your pain, and i wish you all the best! xoxo KatT

Ann-Marie
11-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Your so lucky to have a supporting mother and father , glad it has all worked out posotive

Melissa A.
11-28-2010, 08:15 AM
I can't say enough how good it feels to see stories like yours, and see families doing what families ought to do. It's hard for them. Mine has struggled at times, but has never failed to be loving and supportive. I never stop being grateful for my luck. My heart breaks for those of us who do not have that.
And shopping with Dad! Bet ya didn't see that in your crystal ball a few years back! Happy for you.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

CatAttack
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
DeeDee, I am so happy for you! Happy that your mom was helpful to you during your transition and also happy that you and your dad are now bonding! Best of luck to you in the future :)

Victoria Anne
11-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Deedee I am so happy for you , you brought tears to my eyes . Please keep us informed as to how your week goes . It is wonderful to have that kind of familt support , I can only imagine your joy.

DeeDee1974
12-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Well I'm heading home today and got a lot out of this visit with my Dad. More importantly he got a lot out of it as well. Most importantly he said he now sees and accepts me as a woman. He understands my attraction to men now. I'm excited about Christmas because my parents will stay with me and my boyfriend. My boyfriend has 5 year old twin girls and I want my parents to see the mother role I take on when he has them.

danielleb
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow, that sounds great that your dad is willing to become a bigger part of your life. It sounds like that is just what you needed to round everything out for yourself.:cheer: