PDA

View Full Version : Getting older

Rachel_740
09-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Girls,

It's 8 months ago today that I started my real life trial, living en-femme 24/7.

I got rid of the last of my drabs and committed myself to be the person I've always wanted to be. Since then I've had a few ups and downs, I've had a few un-favourable comments, but overall I've had loads fewer problems than I expected to have.

I'm so much happier in myself and I am more convinced that I'm doing the right thing than ever before.

During the last 8 months I've worn a skirt to work a handful of times but I normally wear jeans for practical reasons. When I get home from work though, I change immediately into a skirt - I'm so much more comfortable in a skirt. On my days off I slip on a skirt as a matter of course - I don't even think about wearing anything else. The only negative side of that I've found is that I only cut the grass when I get home from work because I really don't want to put on my jeans to do the garden on a day off, so the garden gets left too long sometimes.

The only day in the last 8 months I've not worn a skirt :eek: is 22nd July. That day I had my initial appointment with my surgeon and had to go out early (about 7am and it turned out to be a very long day, getting home about 10pm). However, what I had chosen to wear was a dress, so I was still comfortable :D .

Anne

Tristen Cox
09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Anne from going on what I've read I'd say any troubles are well behind you although there's still a ways to go. Getting older? How so? You're being reborn! Not many of us get that chance in the same lifetime. It's not always easy, but it is a gift. And I'm very happy to know you.

Natasha Anne
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Well said, it is a gift. If we all tried to look at it that way it would make things more bearable.

Of course it is harder. As I become more feminine at work people do give me stares, not always bad, but they look and it can be unnerving

I suppose we need to take the good with the bad, and thank God for small mercies, like our natural born sense of style, our ability to understand the world from two perspectives (although I often wonder just how representative my pespective of being male is in comparison with the "normal" male - I do know about testosterone, shaving, have strength, feeling absolute aggression etc. but I somehow think I cannot experience it all!) and so on and so on.

Thanks for the comment Tristen, it's certainly going to be one I'll be trying to remember daily.

Anne from going on what I've read I'd say any troubles are well behind you although there's still a ways to go. Getting older? How so? You're being reborn! Not many of us get that chance in the same lifetime. It's not always easy, but it is a gift. And I'm very happy to know you.

Vaerise
09-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I thought the title didnt match the intent of the post :p
But its good to know the NEW YOU is growing older.

MarieTS
09-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Good for you, Anne! Didn't it feel absolutely invigorating to ditch the drabs?!?! I'm very happy for you. And Tristen is absolutely right about experiencing that "reborn" feeling.
As for your gardening wardrobe dilemma, get yourself some nice shorts. That worked wonderfully for me. And don't be too down on slacks-- they are a main centerpiece of every gg's wardobe. Now that fall is upon us, go treat yourself to a shopping trip. There are some very shapely and stylish ones to pick from. Enjoy! :)