PDA

View Full Version : Voc Rehab and RLE

Christine Abrams
11-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone,

As I've posted before, I'm an early stage MTF, and have been living as much of my life as a woman that I possibly can. I have some health issues which make it very difficult for me to find gainful employment, and qualify for vocational rehabilitation.

I was just wondering what their policy is; I have an appointment at SCS on the 30th and plan to discuss the possibility of RLE; my appointment with DVR is on the 6th. I'd love to take this opportunity to start my new life as a woman; I just don't know DVR's policies on the transgendered.

I've searched Google but haven't found anything helpful; does anyone here have any knowledge or experience in this matter?

Thanks for reading!
Christine

Danni Bear
11-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Christine,

I don't know where you are from but here is one site http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/Assets/HO-agenderTSGuide_tcm6-2221.pdf that give some information in the U.K. on this subject. Hope it helps you.

Danni

Christine Abrams
11-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Danni, I live in Seattle, WA.. Thanks for the help, though I'm not sure how similar the policies in our separate nations are...

Danni Bear
11-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Christine,
I live in Texas and that was the only info I found that directly fit what you asked. I will try and see if I can find any that will help you for Washington,state or federal rules concerning this.

Danni

nvlady
11-26-2010, 01:35 AM
According to a recent thread about a problem at a Ross store in (I believe ) Seattle, Washington state has pretty good non-discrimination laws so you shouldn't have a problem at DVS.