PDA

View Full Version : want to dress fulltime

lahila
11-27-2010, 12:00 AM
I have been saving up and was thinking of taking a break off my regular life and move some to place in the US for a year, or at least six months and just live full time dressed, maybe do it in a few months.

Has anyone else tried something like this?

im a closet dresser, have done it since i was 10, but i dont really have much clothing, virtually nothing, lol, but with the money i saved up, plus the money i save in the next few months, i should be able to buy some stuff, not sure if enough to live full time for a whole year though lol, but im thinking about doing it very seriously

Jay Cee
11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Sounds like a heckuva good idea. Many folks here would love to do that. Any destination in mind? Are you aiming for a TG / CD friendly place?

lahila
11-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Sounds like a heckuva good idea. Many folks here would love to do that. Any destination in mind? Are you aiming for a TG / CD friendly place?

yeah, actually, i wanted to ask about that as the time came, but i guess i might as well know now, lol, all i know is that i dont want a destination that is too cold or too rainy, i lived in seattle for 4 years lol and well where would be a good place to move to? a place that is TG/CD friendly and maybe with good weather

and about the weather, i like hot/warm weather, but i was thinking that in warm places i need to where 'less' clothing, and im not so sure thats a good idea, and in a cooler climate i can where clothing that covers more, although

im thinkin of going all out, ill be asking advice on that later on too to remove all my body hair and other stuff

Tasha McIntyre
11-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a dream Lahila. If you are free and financial then why not indeed. Family and employment are why I cannot join you.

juligirl1984
11-27-2010, 02:33 AM
wow that sounds like a fun idea to do! go for it.

MJ
11-27-2010, 07:37 AM
that could be a bad idea just think about that

are you pre op ? why would you want to do this ... if you are pre op out yourself get it over with, as after 6 months to a year it will be harder on you to come out

if your not pre op then this will still cause you issues later

Nicole Erin
11-27-2010, 07:43 AM
You could not just go out dressed where you live, or is it too dangerous an area?
I can see wanting to take some serious time off work though.

AKAMichelle
11-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I think before you make a move and all of the effort involved, you should make sure that you are going to be able to go out dressed. Why not try a long weekend?

RozalynLove
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM
I have been saving up and was thinking of taking a break off my regular life and move some to place in the US for a year, or at least six months and just live full time dressed, maybe do it in a few months.

Has anyone else tried something like this?

im a closet dresser, have done it since i was 10, but i dont really have much clothing, virtually nothing, lol, but with the money i saved up, plus the money i save in the next few months, i should be able to buy some stuff, not sure if enough to live full time for a whole year though lol, but im thinking about doing it very seriously

It would obviously take a lot of courage to do this, because not only are you moving to a new place away from everything you've ever known, but you're doing it as a female. In saying that though I think it's great that you have the courage to do it, and I think it's a great idea as it allows you to experience living full time as a women, while stopping it from affecting you living as a male in your home country. If you enjoyed it, then you could choose to stay where you were, or choose to go home while presenting as a female, and if you hated it then you go home presenting as a male without ever being reminded of your experiment. Either way it seems like it would be an awesome experience, and even if you didn't like it enough to do it forever, I think you'd be glad that you had at least tried it and learned about yourself in the process.

Karren H
11-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Some days I think I'd like to do that but too many strings and I'm really lazy! Lol. But for you... I don't know your situation... I've been to Mexico many times... Looking at buying Mexican mining companies... So I know the wage structure for professional workers there and its a fraction of what it is here... Same with your cost of living vs ours. Talkig 1/5 to 1/10.... So unless your independently wealthy by Mexican standards... I fear you are going to have a tough time making a go of it here... Financially.

lahila
11-27-2010, 02:00 PM
thank you all for your relys

that could be a bad idea just think about that

are you pre op ? why would you want to do this ... if you are pre op out yourself get it over with, as after 6 months to a year it will be harder on you to come out

if your not pre op then this will still cause you issues later

im pre op, and i didnt meant to go all out with surgery i meant go all out as in removing all my hair from my body, im growing out my hair, so by the time i do it it should be long enough to get a decent girly haircut, i would buy breast forms and padded panties and all that stuff, but no surgery at all

You could not just go out dressed where you live, or is it too dangerous an area?
I can see wanting to take some serious time off work though.

Its not too dangerous an area, but people here arent too understanding and i rather just keep it secret from my regular life, at least for now, and if after my little adventure i realize thats the way i want to live for the rest of my life then ill see how i deal with it, its like RozalynLove said, i can have this experience without affecting my regular life and stuff

I think before you make a move and all of the effort involved, you should make sure that you are going to be able to go out dressed. Why not try a long weekend?

posting here is part of my 'thinking about it' part, and i guess could try a long weekend somewhere, ill think about that too, thanx for the idea, but ofcourse i wouldnt go all out if its just a long weekend lol, and what do you meant ot make sure i will be able to go out dressed? you mean make sure I will have the courage to do it, or do you mean i will be able to go out dressed meaning the place i move out to?

It would obviously take a lot of courage to do this, because not only are you moving to a new place away from everything you've ever known, but you're doing it as a female. In saying that though I think it's great that you have the courage to do it, and I think it's a great idea as it allows you to experience living full time as a women, while stopping it from affecting you living as a male in your home country. If you enjoyed it, then you could choose to stay where you were, or choose to go home while presenting as a female, and if you hated it then you go home presenting as a male without ever being reminded of your experiment. Either way it seems like it would be an awesome experience, and even if you didn't like it enough to do it forever, I think you'd be glad that you had at least tried it and learned about yourself in the process.

I have moved out to a place i didnt know before, i moved to seattle by myself and live there for 4 years, but not as female, but if i know myself i should be able to handle it. And yeah i agree about allowng me to have the expirience with out it affecting my regular life, and i can always have the option of stying like that or going back if i realize its not what i want

Some days I think I'd like to do that but too many strings and I'm really lazy! Lol. But for you... I don't know your situation... I've been to Mexico many times... Looking at buying Mexican mining companies... So I know the wage structure for professional workers there and its a fraction of what it is here... Same with your cost of living vs ours. Talkig 1/5 to 1/10.... So unless your independently wealthy by Mexican standards... I fear you are going to have a tough time making a go of it here... Financially.

I have some strings, family and friends, but nothing i cant leave behind necessarily, i dont have a GF at the moment, not married, no children and i can do my work online, im a graphic designer, i work on e-learning course development, so i can still work from anywhere, and i know i will not be making enough to live almost anywhere in the US, but with my saved up money, plus what i make i think i should be able to at least do it for 6 months, but who knows. I used to work at a mcdonalds when i was living in seattle, so maybe i could work in another mcdonalds again lol if they would hire me as a girl that is lol

Stefia S
11-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Lahila,
Your idea sounds exciting! I'd *love* to have that option! How about visiting a few locations you're considering for a long weekend or even a week en femme 24/7 to experience everyday life (weekend and work week) as it would be? You'd find out about the area, while experiencing the everyday routines you'd maintain.

Fia

lahila
11-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi Lahila,
Your idea sounds exciting! I'd *love* to have that option! How about visiting a few locations you're considering for a long weekend or even a week en femme 24/7 to experience everyday life (weekend and work week) as it would be? You'd find out about the area, while experiencing the everyday routines you'd maintain.

Fia

thats an interesting idea too, maybe i could do that, visit some places before deciding where to settle, thanx

AllieSF
11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I like that idea of visiting someplace that is on your potential places to live list. That way you could be there and dress en femme and go out to see how you like it, to see if you do you have the courage to do everything as a woman, and to see what you might need in the way of clothes, supplies, etc. to allow you to live as you want. For places to live, of course, you should consider, San Francisco, Los Angeles and many other USA cities. There have been several threads over the past 2-3 years on good places to live as a transgendered person. Do a search here and read those threads to get some good ideas and some great recommendations. Good luck and happy planning.

markinhose
11-28-2010, 12:53 PM
i recently went on a 4 day weekend trip with a friend to toronto and spent it as my better self shannon the entire time, lol. it was very scary at first, especially being the first time doing it 24/7 but once i let my hair down so to speak it just all came naturally. there were a few who had the suspision i was a guy just from there reaction, but i didnt let it bother me or stop having the weekend of my life.

i do agreed with the others who posted that you should try it for a weekend before setting off to try it longer. if i could, omg in a heartbeat id do it.

Krissie1962
11-28-2010, 02:03 PM
sure sounds nice.lots of things to plan ,for an extended stay. access to your money" as a women " proper I,D. photo.or only women in appearance.I too am dreaming of the day when ,I can be a full time women... for about 15 years now.creating as much legal documentation as a women. in the hopes that I could live in another state part time ,as a full time women and make a living,if I could do that ,then for sure my unhappy side would be left behind for-ever

lahila
11-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I like that idea of visiting someplace that is on your potential places to live list. That way you could be there and dress en femme and go out to see how you like it, to see if you do you have the courage to do everything as a woman, and to see what you might need in the way of clothes, supplies, etc. to allow you to live as you want. For places to live, of course, you should consider, San Francisco, Los Angeles and many other USA cities. There have been several threads over the past 2-3 years on good places to live as a transgendered person. Do a search here and read those threads to get some good ideas and some great recommendations. Good luck and happy planning.

yeah it sounds good, i might just do that, and i started looking at the friendly places threads, ill keep looking

i recently went on a 4 day weekend trip with a friend to toronto and spent it as my better self shannon the entire time, lol. it was very scary at first, especially being the first time doing it 24/7 but once i let my hair down so to speak it just all came naturally. there were a few who had the suspision i was a guy just from there reaction, but i didnt let it bother me or stop having the weekend of my life.

i do agreed with the others who posted that you should try it for a weekend before setting off to try it longer. if i could, omg in a heartbeat id do it.

i might try it for a weekend, i can always decide after that, but i think i will love it lol

sure sounds nice.lots of things to plan ,for an extended stay. access to your money" as a women " proper I,D. photo.or only women in appearance.I too am dreaming of the day when ,I can be a full time women... for about 15 years now.creating as much legal documentation as a women. in the hopes that I could live in another state part time ,as a full time women and make a living,if I could do that ,then for sure my unhappy side would be left behind for-ever

im not so sure about all this proper id thing, is it easy to just get an valid id with a picture of me as a girl? i was thinking i would just use my regular id even if its of my a s a guy, hopping i will live in a CD friendly place where it wouldnt be a problem lol

MJ
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
thank you all for your relys

im pre op, and i didnt meant to go all out with surgery i meant go all out as in removing all my hair from my body, im growing out my hair, so by the time i do it it should be long enough to get a decent girly haircut, i would buy breast forms and padded panties and all that stuff, but no surgery at all

Now i understand thank you for clearing that up for me. then i wish you all the very best.... just remember Baby steps till you get there don't rush

Jean Ann S
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I would consider Eureka Springs Arkansas
former home of the Enfemme Getaway
Nice town good weather
and lots of friendly folks
It is a pretty accepting place
What many seem to forget is that is need not be a permant change
Just an interesting long term experience
I have lived 10 days at a time enfemme and it was awsome
learned a lot , great experience
just consider it a long vacation with better clothes
go for it

Jean Ann

Jean Ann S
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
another possibility you might consider is College or some sort of school
Beauty School ??
learn what girl life is really like
I find most touristy places fairly accepting
Apply for a job on a cruise ship
any way have fun with it
I thing it would be a blast

Jean Ann

Nicole Brown
11-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Living as a woman 24/7 is a wonderful experience and can go a long way in helping you to decide how you want to spend the rest of your life. I have had the opportunity to live as Nicole 24/7 on many occasions for a week or 2 at a time over the past 5 years. During these times, I have lived and enjoyed being a woman full time. It is such a totally wonderful feeling spending your days dressed totally en fem, going to sleep as your fem self and waking up in the morning feeling all soft and feminine.

Over the years I have visited quite a few locations which cater to the alternate lifestyles, but have found that many of them are not inexpensive to live near. It is funny that you say that you have lived in Seattle for 4 years because that is one of the places I was going to suggest to you. Another nice place is Portland Oregon. I realize that both of these locations are not exactly considered warm year round, but are reasonable in the spring, summer and into the fall. I am sure that you are aware of the Capital Hill area of Seattle having lived there for 4 years and know just how accepting it is of girls like us.

Good luck in your venture and just enjoy living as yourself.

lahila
11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I would consider Eureka Springs Arkansas
former home of the Enfemme Getaway
Nice town good weather
and lots of friendly folks
It is a pretty accepting place
What many seem to forget is that is need not be a permant change
Just an interesting long term experience
I have lived 10 days at a time enfemme and it was awsome
learned a lot , great experience
just consider it a long vacation with better clothes
go for it

Jean Ann

are there many bars for girls like us in Eureka Springs?

another possibility you might consider is College or some sort of school
Beauty School ??
learn what girl life is really like
I find most touristy places fairly accepting
Apply for a job on a cruise ship
any way have fun with it
I thing it would be a blast

Jean Ann

that is an excellent idea, i was thinking of signing up for some kind of class or activity, didnt htink of beauty school, that sounds good, at least one class or something

Living as a woman 24/7 is a wonderful experience and can go a long way in helping you to decide how you want to spend the rest of your life. I have had the opportunity to live as Nicole 24/7 on many occasions for a week or 2 at a time over the past 5 years. During these times, I have lived and enjoyed being a woman full time. It is such a totally wonderful feeling spending your days dressed totally en fem, going to sleep as your fem self and waking up in the morning feeling all soft and feminine.

Over the years I have visited quite a few locations which cater to the alternate lifestyles, but have found that many of them are not inexpensive to live near. It is funny that you say that you have lived in Seattle for 4 years because that is one of the places I was going to suggest to you. Another nice place is Portland Oregon. I realize that both of these locations are not exactly considered warm year round, but are reasonable in the spring, summer and into the fall. I am sure that you are aware of the Capital Hill area of Seattle having lived there for 4 years and know just how accepting it is of girls like us.

Good luck in your venture and just enjoy living as yourself.

yeah, i know about capital hill, i didnt do much dressing if at all when i was in seattle, and im not sure i would want to go back there cause of the weather, but who knows maybe i can

Jean Ann S
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
There are plenty of Bars ,clubs etc in Eureka Springs
there is a fairly large gay population so the town is naturally pretty accepting
It is an old victorian town with lots of interesting buildings
and lots of friendly people

Jean Ann

Angiemead12
11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
sounds like a very serious commitment for me, why not try visiting a transformation service in another area first and trying a few days before you really decide to push through!

Jean Ann S
11-29-2010, 09:28 AM
I think it would be a great experience
But before hand I would make a comittment to stay in "girl mode"
for the entire time , and learn to deal with it all
maybe if possible work different jobs
acquire a new skill hobby ,learn to sew ,paint or a craft
visit librarys museums the Dairy Queen interact with people as a girl
go for it
get out there and live your dream

Jean Ann

sherri
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me if you can swing it, but I do agree there are some considerations:
Since you have no experience going out, you really should do some outings before taking the plunge.
I would choose a location that has a vibrant gay community with numerous venues (clubs, eateries, etc.) That's not to say you cannot or should not go mainstream, but there's always a little anxiety involved doing that, so it's nice to retreat to more tolerant surroundings.
If you don't have a wardrobe, you're gonna need one. Not only will different situations call for different outfits, you will feel a bit self-conscious about wearing the same outfits too much. In other words, you will soon realize why GGs are always shopping. :)
Don't underestimate the labor involved if you're not going as far as HRT, hair removal, etc. Shaving closely twice a day, for example, can really get to be a chore.

danielletorresani
11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
That's an extremely serious commitment. I must admit to being quite jealous! If I could afford to do such a thing, or if I wasn't married for that matter, I'd totally want to do the same.

sandra-leigh
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I do not consider myself Transsexual, more like on the female-presenting side of Androgynous, but I do go through bouts of longing to "try" living as a woman for 6 months or a year. But I'm in a long term relationship, a long term job, people see me as male within seconds even when I'm fully Dressed :sad: ... If I had felt this way when I was around 30 or so, I would have Gone For It, I think.

When I was about 30, I left a good job in Canada and lived and worked in Europe for 10 months: I had a feeling that if I didn't go then, see what things where like elsewhere, I might never get a chance, that I might get stuck in a comfortable rut. It was not the easiest of times in my life, but I have never regretted going, and in some undefinable way, I think the trip made a difference as to who I became. I took my mother to Europe for a couple of weeks a few years later, and now she divides her life into "Before Europe" and "After Europe".

I don't mean to suggest Europe as your destination: my point is more that if you have the opportunity and means, that trying the experiment is likely to be transformational. What-ever the joys or problems you find, you will almost certainly be glad that you had the experience.

ps: read my signature :D

Jean Ann S
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
i agree it will have a great impact on your life
esp in your relationships with women
one thing is having women friends on a purely non sexual basis
a really great experience

Jean Ann

lahila
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
sounds like a very serious commitment for me, why not try visiting a transformation service in another area first and trying a few days before you really decide to push through!

if i do this i will definitely visit a transformation service, but if im going to try it out just for a weekend then i dont want to do all the complete transformation just to try it out cause it wont be so easy to go back to my normal life if i get transformed lol