PDA

View Full Version : Peewee's Big Adventure

Danielle Gee
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi Folks, My name is Danielle and I’m a “Fraidy-Cat” ….At least I was until I joined this site and read some of the posts about going out in public. So I decided to push the envelope a little the morning.

I was reading a PM from one of my friends and she was saying she almost always wears “Girly” clothes and doesn’t attract undue attention. So I decided this morning was when I was going to test the waters for myself.

I needed to go to town this am, and this is what I wore ……Panties and a camisole, a pair of admittedly “masculine” woman’s slacks, my Sweeties hoodies ( pink “Fight Breast Cancer”) my women’s Reeboks and footie socks with a pink ball in the back. No makeup or jewelry, no wig, nothing to present as woman except my clothing. I was so nervous I was shaking all over!!!! I went two places, Kroger’s (a grocery chain) and JC Penney’s to drop off a payment on our charge card.

Now for the reaction of the people I came into contact with….NADA!........Nobody said or did anything that made me think they thought anything was unusual. I wasn’t sure if I should be relieved or disappointed (I was relieved)

Now it’s starting to get cold in Ohio,, it was in the 20’s this morning; and most everyone was oblivious to everyone else, but I was inside the grocery for about 20 minutes and I’d think that would be plenty of time for someone to notice.:eek:

So that’s my story, not up to the level of “Outness” of some of you women, but another “Baby-Step” for me!!

Danielle:hugs:

Karren H
11-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh Yeah!! Your definately more fun than me this morning... changing the van brakes out in the driveway... Were getting your cold weater here in Western PA...

jjjjohanne
11-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I totally relate to the disappointed or maybe relieved feeling!

Rianna Humble
11-27-2010, 03:20 PM
not up to the level of “Outness” of some of you women, but another “Baby-Step” for me!!

I'm sorry Danielle, I get really upset when I see someone putting themselves down like this!

What you did was a significant step for you so please don't put it down as not being up to some mythical standard!

When you share a positive experience like this it helps all of us on these forums - including those you thought might be in some mysterious way superior to you. It shows us that we can make a difference and that is important to all of us.

Whenever I read of one of my sisters (or FtM brothers) making new progress in their life, I am encouraged and can face the day better. Please don't forget that it was reading about events like this that encouraged you to be able to push the envelope, who knows who will be encouraged by reading about you and thereby make progress in their own life.

The Chinese tell us that the journey of a thousand miles still begins with the first step - they don't say how big that step is because that is irrelevant, what matters is the step carries us towards our goal. Your step today has carried you that much closer to being a confident person who can accept herself in any circumstance.

Loni
11-27-2010, 03:36 PM
just wait till you are out in the mall shopping. and the sa (in the woman's dept) lets you into the dressing room to try on things.

Roberta Marie
11-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Danielle,

That's great that you had the courage to do that. Something that I've noticed, if you dress in a manner that would not draw undue attention to an other woman, you will not draw undue attention to yourself. Most people, especially in a grocery store, are too busy trying to find the best buy or decide what they are going to have for dinner next Tuesday to notice anyone other than someone who dresses in a manner that screams, "Look at me!" Dressed the way you were, in reality, should draw no more attention than any of the couple dozen women in the store that were probably dressed in a similar fashion. Once you realize this, it will be hard to keep you in the house.

If you don't mind my asking, what part of Ohio are you in. I'm in Kent, in NE Ohio.

Bobbi

PretzelGirl
11-28-2010, 10:34 AM
That is really great Danielle! First I want to echo Rianna as what you have done is a big deal; to us and to you. The question is how much of a big deal is it to you? Is it the first of bigger steps? Is it finding a new plateau that you want to sit at? Or did you find that you went further than you are comfortable with doing again (I didn't read this if true)?

I am glad that it went well and I really hope that being relieved means that you also enjoyed it.

Danielle Gee
11-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Rianna & Sue:

Sorry I gave a poor explanation of my little adventure, but being humble is my nature. Believe me when I say that I truly recognize this as a significant plateau in the emergence of my Danielle persona.

Like I said in my post, it was only after Pm'ing another girl in our group, and reading her description of her normal life. I don't have the message in front of me, but the gist of it was that her spouse encouraged her to dress in a similar manner. I also got the impression that she’d had a minimum of problems while doing this.

Thanks to all the wonderful folks I’ve met on this site, without you I’d still be sneaking around with the shades drawn.

Love to all
Danielle:hugs:

docrobbysherry
11-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't think what you've done is "small potatoes"! Nearly EVERY girl who now goes out dressed without a second thot, started carefully and fearfully at FIRST!:)

Oh Yeah!! Your definitely more fun than me this morning... changing the van brakes out in the driveway... Were getting your cold weather here in Western PA...

Look, u Midwest folks r USED to this "freezing weather" nonsense! However, we're NOT out here! So, keep it yourselves, please! I've had to perminantly close my windows and give up using my pool! And, I'm NOT HAPPY about it!:Angry3: