PDA

View Full Version : Imagine

girlalex
11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Imagine if we lived in a world free of gender identity discrimination. Regardless of your birth gander you could present as either sex for reasons that would be explained and taught early in life to prevent such discrimination. i mean cross dressing and going out would be as simple and safe as drinking a glass of water and no one gave a s#$# because everybody would know that its 100 percent perfectly normal. in such case if this is the kind of world we lived in, do you think you would have accomplished more and achieved all your desired goals.

Nikki A.
11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
It's what you do, not how you're dressed that determines accomplishments. How I was dressed would have nothing to do with it if everything was acceepted.
Personally, I think more of what I have accomplished in that dressing is not acceptted so readily. I have my career and yet I have presented enfemme in public and feel that I am doing what I want.

Loni
11-27-2010, 03:33 PM
sadly if that world existed, then this web site would not.

Karren H
11-27-2010, 03:47 PM
sadly if that world existed, then this web site would not.

And that would be sad because?

Alaceann
11-27-2010, 03:57 PM
And that would be sad because?

You would have to use your wit on another site and we wouldmiss out.

suzy1
11-27-2010, 04:17 PM

Then Karren could be a stand up comic. And we could still enjoy her sense of humour.

Love, SUZY

CharlotteCD
11-27-2010, 04:19 PM
We wouldn't feel the excitement that we do currently, plus all of the bandwagon jumpers would spoil it.

JulieK1980
11-27-2010, 06:09 PM
It would probably take some of the fun out of it for me. Some of my enjoyment comes from the reactions of others... lol

girlalex
11-27-2010, 06:14 PM
The reason why I'm asking this is because at least for me the time and effort i spent looking for myslef and trying to figure out why i feel different slowed me down in my progress. The entire time i was in high school i was extermly dedicated to be a good student because i wanted to be a fighter pilot and i knew what it takes. Yet the closer i was getting towards graduation the more I felt like that kind of a career wasn't right for me but i didn't know why. it just didn't seem right. there was something about that really turend me off after awhile and so instead of listening to my thoughts i went to a pilot school which is when i realized that i wasn't comfterble living up to my dream in an evironment of guys that looked like guys where is i was the only one differnet in an enormouse pool of testosterone. i was trying to adapt and apply myslef but i just couldn't no matter how hard i tried. it was terrible. now see if i was true to myslef from the beginning i could have done something different. something i like instead of spending so much time and money where i didn't belong.

girlalex
11-27-2010, 06:24 PM
bandwagon jumpers wouldn't spoil it because if there were bandwagon jumpers they would have been straight gander conforming guys, and guys like that don't wear dresses. in other words the bandwagon jumpers would have been crossdressers themselves really with gender identity confusion just like myslef. because there is no reason for a straight everything guy to wear a skirt or whatever. he just won't do it. maybe on halloween for the s@#$ and giggles. but not on a random day.

JulieK1980
11-27-2010, 06:36 PM
The reason why I'm asking this is because at least for me the time and effort i spent looking for myslef and trying to figure out why i feel different slowed me down in my progress. The entire time i was in high school i was extermly dedicated to be a good student because i wanted to be a fighter pilot and i knew what it takes. Yet the closer i was getting towards graduation the more I felt like that kind of a career wasn't right for me but i didn't know why. it just didn't seem right. there was something about that really turend me off after awhile and so instead of listening to my thoughts i went to a pilot school which is when i realized that i wasn't comfterble living up to my dream in an evironment of guys that looked like guys where is i was the only one differnet in an enormouse pool of testosterone. i was trying to adapt and apply myslef but i just couldn't no matter how hard i tried. it was terrible. now see if i was true to myslef from the beginning i could have done something different. something i like instead of spending so much time and money where i didn't belong.

You are very lucky you figured it out prior to. I spent 6 years in the military after following my childhood dream of being a medic. I don't regret my service at all, but it did cause a lot of issues being forced to hide who I was. It's probably the #1 reason I didn't re-enlist when my time was up. You are probably correct though, had there been no societal constraints and I was able to be who I was inside, as well as doing the job I loved, well.... I'd probably still be in the military....

Karren H
11-27-2010, 06:51 PM

That's right!! I forgot! Lol. This place beter not go away!! I'm hoping that soon they will convert post count into CD.com store credits (like frequent flyer miles) and I can buy new pair of wax lips I've have my eye on! :)

Kate Simmons
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking in that particular world there would probably be another "burr" under the saddle so to speak, such as "Why aren't you doing it when you can?" Some of us are just natural born rebels and have the need to be ourselves and triumph over adversity and controversy in whatever form it manifests itself.:)

danielletorresani
11-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I think I would have achieved less goals as I would have been so distracted by being able to dress up all the time!

Jorja
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Just go over to MUT to find Karren ;)

It would indeed be a wonderful world. Guess what? It's not happening anytime soon. Don't let that stop you though. I have gone through college, worked with and for some of the most respected people in my field as an Architect, and have built my own business all while progressing from a crossdresser to a transsexual woman. I come and go as I please. Always have. I have done what ever I wanted to do when I have wanted to do it. So like Nikki A. said, it's what you do not how you are dressed. Now get out of that closet and get out there and go for it! ;)

girlalex
11-30-2010, 01:54 AM
thanks for all the replies:) ye, i better man up and come out lol. cuz its getting annoying walking around my house all dressed up with fear of going out.

Jorja
11-30-2010, 07:27 AM
thanks for all the replies:) ye, i better man up and come out lol. cuz its getting annoying walking around my house all dressed up with fear of going out.

Take your time, you will walk out the door when you are ready. Once you do get out though you will say, what was I waiting for?