PDA

View Full Version : Electrolysis recovery

NathalieX66
11-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm trying to schedule my facial electrolysis around my dates going out in public.
Based on anyone's eperience here, I just need to know how soon is recovery, and if I will have issues with redness or swelling immediately afterwards, and if so, how long?

Stephanie Anne
11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I can only suggest using antacid before your treatment to help limit the swelling from the histamine reaction you encounter.

Sally24
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
I usually schedule mine on a Wednesday night and have no problem going out Friday night of the same week. I have slight red spots for a couple of days but nothing that makeup wouldn't cover. I wait the 2 days mainly so I don't agravate the skin.

Melissa A.
11-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I never have too much of a problem afterwards. Any small amount of redness I get is easily covered. But everyone's skin sensitivity differs. The fact that you need to refrain from shaving for a day or two before has been my problem.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

dilane
11-27-2010, 10:15 PM
It varies by individual. I have tiny red bumps that make my face look like hamburger for a day or so, then red dots and unsmooth skin for a few more days. Looks like I've got acne or an allergic reaction.

I need to give it 4-5 days before I go out. Most people have much less reaction, just thought I'd give you my sad tale.

(I've gone to two different electrologists, and have tried pure galvanic, blend, and thermal -- same result)

Diane Smith
11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
My own experience was that I could easily go out the day after a treatment and no one ever seemed to notice anything. My electrologist was pretty obsessive about not leaving any lasting marks. However, I'm not at all sure that was a good thing; I also didn't find her work to be very fast or effective. I would have rather dealt with the redness for a day or two and gotten a better long-term result on the hair removal.

As in all things, YMMV.

- Diane

Stephenie S
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Everyone's face is different. And every operator is different too. It's impossible to make rules about this. Try it and see how long it takes for you.

I get my eyebrows cleaned up by an electrologist. I have NO problems afterward.

S

morgan51
11-28-2010, 08:33 AM
work around my mouth esp. mustache area swelled quite a lot I'd not heard about the antiacid working I'll try that. 3 days the swelling pretty much left. anyway good luck, it is still so worth the inconvience. Like Diane I would rather have a good results and have to do less number of treatments.

Sara Jessica
11-28-2010, 08:53 AM
I usually schedule mine on a Wednesday night and have no problem going out Friday night of the same week. I have slight red spots for a couple of days but nothing that makeup wouldn't cover. I wait the 2 days mainly so I don't agravate the skin.

This is pretty much the same as what I experience. But I think the common theme here is that everyone's skin is different in how it reacts.

Phyliss
11-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I have my appts. on Thurs afternoon and by Friday eve I'm all set, A little redness for a few hours and by overnight it's all good

CharleneT
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Normally takes a couple of days to go down completely. But by the next day it is fairly un-noticable. As others have mentioned, it also is not the same every time.

renee k
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm trying to schedule my facial electrolysis around my dates going out in public.
Based on anyone's eperience here, I just need to know how soon is recovery, and if I will have issues with redness or swelling immediately afterwards, and if so, how long? Swelling will be gone the next day. Appling ice packs after your treatment will help. You may have some little red dots hanging around for a couple of days. Make sure you use Tend skin to take care of that. But after three to four days all traces of your treatment will be gone.

Renee

pamela_a
11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
I have 2 hours every Monday morning. After my treatments I scrub my face, shave, wash with a witch hazel cleanser, scrub again, moisturize, cover an occasional red spot with concealer, put on my foundation ( I've already done my eyes) and go to work. I've personally never had an issue with it at all. I do make sure I scrub then wash my face twice a day and keep it moisturized.

Sejd
11-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Everyone has different reactrion tro electrolysis. Most likely, no one will ever notice anything. I went to this treatment for over a year, once a week, and though it did help reduce some black beard appearance I have to say, at least for me, it was money out the window. A lot of money. I still pluck and shave and keep a clean face that way. Again, everyone is different. :0)

Kaitlyn Michele
11-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Unless you are getting huge parts of your face done, no one will notice. skin care and makeup will solve it easily.. if you are living as a guy, you will have red splotches on your face right after that you may want to have an explanation for (they want the truth!?!?! they can't handle the truth!!!!)

Sejd the plucking causes electrolysis to be much less effective...it damages the follicle and electro needs the cleanest shot possible...that needle cant bend very well..

girls need to realize that its LITERALLY 200-400 hours before your face is cleared of hair, with a very lucky few doing less.. plucking adds to that. (i'm well over 200 hours, and i'm about 80-90% clear depending on the spot)

DonnaLynn77
11-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I have to wait at least a week. I will usually schedule for the beginning of a week, like Tuesday or so and not plan to go out until the next week's Friday. I have been told that my longer recovery is due to my freakishly large follicle bulbs that really aggravate the pores when the hairs are tweezed out after getting zapped. Just goes to show that it really does vary quite a bit from person to person.

Aloe vera helps a ton though! Aftercare will make a huge difference in your recuperation, not to mention fend off scarring.

NathalieX66
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks every single one of you! :)
It's gonna begin this coming month, and I can't wait.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I ususally have my appts every other week on Tuesday evening, by Wednesday you can see almost every spot she did. I will usually have bumps and red marks till Friday evening, By Saturday it is clearing up and by Sunday I'm good. I have found that taking Benadryl when I get home will stop the skins reaction some so when I remember to do this the redness and bumps is much less.. :)