PDA

View Full Version : My Makeup Girl

Tricia Lee
11-28-2010, 01:50 AM
After wanting to get a professional makeover all my life, I finally did it a couple of months ago. It's been a transforming experience in more ways than one! :)

I'd never met this woman before. I just walked into her shop one day and started talking. She's done my makeup several times now, and has become a real friend. We swap notes on facebook and email. She is so open and understanding. It's the first time I've ever had anyone that new me both in male and crossdressed mode.

The surprising thing is how much it has meant to me. I guess most of us hide this all our lives. I have a few people that know that I do this, but none that have really accepted or participated in it with me.

Not sure what else to say about it. I just wanted to share how wonderful it's been to have someone to talk to who is helpful and encouraging.

Albertine
11-28-2010, 02:17 AM
I have a couple of TG friends who get make-overs at MAC stores - they love it! They've developed friendships there and improved their techniques.

Dealight
11-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Tricia...I like the idea of going into her shop...meaning not in a mall....I can't wait to try it myself.
I think it is very liberating to share oneself with another caring human being who knows you fully.....and most often, that will always be a gg, imho.

Except here of course!

Hugs, Dea

AKAMichelle
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I have had it done twice in my life. I know what you mean by making friends because the woman who did my first makeover has become one of my best friends. She is a fantastic lady. Too bad she so much older than me or I would have made a move on her.

Tricia Lee
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Tricia...I like the idea of going into her shop...meaning not in a mall....I can't wait to try it myself. I think it is very liberating to share oneself with another caring human being who knows you fully.....and most often, that will always be a gg, imho.

Right, it's not in a mall. It's just off the courthouse square in a town of less than 15,000. Not what I'd have considered prime crossdressing territory.

I had no idea what to expect going in. After a few awkward moments, the longer we talked the more relaxed it was. She was very friendly. Turns out she's had several CD'ing clients over the years. That seems to be par for the course with these types of shops. If you go into one, you probably aren't the first CD to visit, and you probably won't be the last!

She's done wonders for my confidence too. She told me I'm her favorite CD'r ever :)