PDA

View Full Version : Funny Situation today...

VS Fan
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Not sure where to file this one, but I've had my toenails painted for a while and there have been a couple close calls where one of my children popped into the bathroom while I was in the shower (glass door) and I had to shoo them away quickly before they saw anything. (For background, out to my wife who's accepting to a point, but doesn't want to see me dressed at all, and no one else in the family knows anything... she has seen my toenails painted and it hasn't been a big issue, she seems mildly amused by it.)

Anyway, today I was tossing some pumpkins into a compost heap which I can reach from my back deck so I was just wearing socks... I missed one and had to walk on the mulch which I thought was dry to pick it up... long story short I stepped in some mud and the socks would definitely need to come off before returning to the house... but the kids naturally were decorating the Christmas tree right there in the living room... I called my wife over to the door and explained that *ahem* my socks needed to come off and could she maybe get the kids upstairs or whatever... she laughed when she figured out what was going on and handled the situation. It was a pretty light hearted moment actually after the fact since the kids were so confused why all of a sudden in the middle of tree decorating that we wanted them to play upstairs for a few minutes!

Anyway, I never thought having painted toenails would "keep me on my toes" so much, since even in the mornings when the kids come in the bedroom sometimes, I quickly check to make sure my feet are covered.

Anyone else have little stories like this? Oh the tangled webs we weave...

VS Fan

Danni Bear
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
You could always remove it and let your daughter practice on your toes. No problem then, it would become a game with no questions if they saw them later.

Danni

Karren H
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
That was clopse.. Nope... Nothing like that ever happens to me! Lol

AllieSF
11-28-2010, 11:15 PM
It has not happened to me either. I do paint my toenails during the winter and always worry about a situation similar to yours happening, or maybe that I would totally forget that they were painted while doing something barefoot in the house.

April Renee
11-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Are you sure it was mud?
April

Diane Smith
11-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I suggest shoes when working outside. :)

- Diane

Rachaelgirl39
11-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm curious why didn't you just have your wife get a new pair of socks and change them outside before you went in?

Misty G
11-29-2010, 06:43 AM
I never wear socks and never go barefoot (I always have on shoes). My toe nails are always painted plus I have acrylic finger nails with american manicure or painted. Bur have never had a problem with anyone seeing or saying anything about either set of nails

JohnH
11-29-2010, 09:43 AM
What's the big deal with painted toenails? In the summertime you have to wear the right sandals, along with your denim skirt instead of shorts...:heehee:

Seriously it's not that big a deal for guys to paint their toenails.

VS Fan
11-29-2010, 10:50 AM
You could always remove it and let your daughter practice on your toes. No problem then, it would become a game with no questions if they saw them later.

Danni

My wife actually suggested this once also. I would LOVE it ;)

Are you sure it was mud?
April

LOL!

I suggest shoes when working outside. :)

- Diane

Hahah yes, my wife also pointed this out :)

I'm curious why didn't you just have your wife get a new pair of socks and change them outside before you went in?

Also a very good point! I guess in the heat of the moment I was more concerned about a clear path to the laundry room to deposit the muddy socks into the washer.

Thanks for listening :)
VS Fan

AnnaCalliope
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I painted my toes bright purple once and thought nothing of it until I was out to lunch the next day in flip-flops with my brother and his girlfriend. She noticed almost immediately and wanted to know why I had done such a thing (they are both very conservative and in the dark about me). Luckily my girlfriend was there and told them she had gotten the nail color a few days ago and wanted to see how it would look on someone else and I was the only available volunteer.