PDA

View Full Version : What a pain in the ........

Dannigirl
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
What a pain in the backside. I just finished putting on my snow tires, that way I know it won't snow. I broke a nail, the jack didn't work worth $%#T, my buddies kept sliding out of my thong and getting pinched and my freakin bra strap wouldn't stay up !!! :Angry3: Very frustrating, I almost sat down on the driveway and cried :o Alas, I got them on and now I can go have a nice bath and shave my legs and get back to being the girly girl I am meant to be. My wife can take them off and put the all seasons back on in the spring time while I paint my nails !!:)

Have a nice afternoon ladies and gents

Karren H
11-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I'd seriously think about moving south!! Lol. I just ordered 4 new snows... And I have a good supply of mechanics gloves so I never brake a nail any more.

Daenna Paz
11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I just finished putting on my snow tires, that way I know it won't snow.

LOL :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

That is so true ... put mine on in September and haven't seen measurable snow yet!! ;^)

StacyCD
11-29-2010, 02:14 PM
But in winter I get to underdress more than I do in the summer so it's a tossup!

Gina X
11-29-2010, 03:09 PM
What a pain in the backside. I just finished putting on my snow tires, that way I know it won't snow. I broke a nail, the jack didn't work worth $%#T, my buddies kept sliding out of my thong and getting pinched and my freakin bra strap wouldn't stay up !!! :Angry3: Very frustrating, I almost sat down on the driveway and cried :o Alas, I got them on and now I can go have a nice bath and shave my legs and get back to being the girly girl I am meant to be. My wife can take them off and put the all seasons back on in the spring time while I paint my nails !!:)

Ah the joys of Motoring LOL

Love Gina x

NV Susan
11-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Snow tires? Haven't seen a flake of snow in a while.....:heehee:

Brenda456
11-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Broke a nail helping one of the kids with a Christmas tree yesterday. You have my sympathy!

Jilmac
11-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I never tried snow tires on a front whlle drive vehicle, wonder if they steer any differently.

Cassandra Lynn
11-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Since your all warmed up now, care to put my sandbags in the back of the truck for me? I'll lend you my gloves.

mj (Cassie)

Jorja
11-29-2010, 03:48 PM
That my dear is what the tire store is for. Just go in and rub up against one of thoes guys, batt your eyes at him and say pretty please. Works everytime! :)

Gina X
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
That my dear is what the tire store is for. Just go in and rub up against one of thoes guys, batt your eyes at him and say pretty please. Works everytime! :)

Not in drab mode it won't LOL

Lots of love Gina x

Kaz
11-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Haha! Nicely put! Most GGs I know would find a guy to do it! Now ain't that smart?!

Jorja
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Not in drab mode it won't LOL

Lots of love Gina x

You might be surprised Gina :D

JennSC
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Snow Tires... Hmmmm... *** Looking in ALL THINGS SOUTHERN DICTIONARY*** Nope, not there...

Nothin' could be finah than to be in CAROLINA!!! ( No gurls, you don't pronounce your R's or G's when you're speakin' SOUTHERNESE! )

Jenny Gurl
11-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I use to think it was so petty for a girl to break a nail and complain, until I became one. :heehee: I broke one last week putting something in the trunk. I feel your pain. Now when I break one, I am slightly traumatized, then I realize the heels are on the other feet now.:heehee: Being a woman is not as easy as I first thought.

Alberta_Pat
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I never tried snow tires on a front whlle drive vehicle, wonder if they steer any differently.

There is a world of difference when you use really good winter tires. My experience has been that it feels like driving on bare pavement, even when there is a layer of compact snow on the road and the temperature is near freezing.

Try it once, and you will swear by them.

Stephenie S
11-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Four studded Nokian snow tires on my front wheel drive car all winter. It's like a tractor. I go where I want when I want.

S

docrobbysherry
11-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Our days haven't been out of the 60's in a couple of weeks! I've started hanging meat in our living room!:sad:

It got so dark yesterday by 4:00PM, all the CD pics I took after that look like they're in black and white!:doh:

By the by, it must get REALLY cold where u r! Tires made out of snow wouldn't last even ONE NITE here!:brolleyes:

JohnH
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Here in the Dallas, Texas area it may snow occasionally. You might be the best driver in snow with great snow tires, but if you have idiots around you, you still don't want to go out. So snow tires are a waste of money here.

randumbness
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Snow? Where? I am all for moving down south, or even just staying for the winter. And if you're used to the cold weather up north, it'll seem rather warm when you head down south, even though it's about 60 degrees. xD

And nails, ugh. It sucks when you break one. Then again, I don't normally grow mine out though...

RADER
11-29-2010, 09:35 PM
With my Tahoe, I do not need snow tires. The all season Radials work great; besides with 4 wheel
drive, why let it snow. That way I can use my snow plow, Nothing better than plowing snow in a skirt.
Rader

Dannigirl
11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Last year was the first year I bought snow tires (mostly because I live in an area now where I feel people can't drive worth a darn) They came in handy twice when I was able to zip out of the way of 2 idiots that slid through their right turn and were heading straight for me while sitting at the stop light. We only got about 55 cm's of snow last year compared to our usual 150 + (30 cms. = 1 foot for my non-metric friends) I used to live out west at a ski resort where we used to get over 600 cms. in a winter, so much that it would close the ski area because the chairs couldn't make it through the snow. It better snow this year so I can get moy $1000 + out of the tires and rims. I also used to live in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory and I see they are expecting -19c (2f) and close to a foot of snow tonight, so I guess I will be fine with our weather here.

Anyway, have fixed my nails, had my soothing bath and just gearing up for our big RAIN storm tomorrow ! Might be a great day to get dolled up and head to the mall. I agree with you Stacy, winter is so much easier for underdressing. I also perspire alot so I enjoy the cooler weather.

BLUE ORCHID
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Danni, Ladies don't change tires.
I broke one yesterday getting the Christmas things out of the attic.

Orchid

Dannigirl
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Danni, Ladies don't change tires.
I broke one yesterday getting the Christmas things out of the attic.

Orchid

I totally agree with you - now. In the spring time I am going to call roadside assistance with 4 flat tires and just happen to have my all seasons handy for them to change over.

kinky_caitlin
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Run all terrains year round on my truck, never have to worry about breaking a nail here :) Tho we really don't get enough snow to make it worth bothering with in KY

Jorja
11-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Last year was the first year I bought snow tires (mostly because I live in an area now where I feel people can't drive worth a darn) They came in handy twice when I was able to zip out of the way of 2 idiots that slid through their right turn and were heading straight for me while sitting at the stop light. We only got about 55 cm's of snow last year compared to our usual 150 + (30 cms. = 1 foot for my non-metric friends) I used to live out west at a ski resort where we used to get over 600 cms. in a winter, so much that it would close the ski area because the chairs couldn't make it through the snow. It better snow this year so I can get moy $1000 + out of the tires and rims. I also used to live in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory and I see they are expecting -19c (2f) and close to a foot of snow tonight, so I guess I will be fine with our weather here.

Anyway, have fixed my nails, had my soothing bath and just gearing up for our big RAIN storm tomorrow ! Might be a great day to get dolled up and head to the mall. I agree with you Stacy, winter is so much easier for underdressing. I also perspire alot so I enjoy the cooler weather.

You know, if the darn Canadian girls would keep that cold air up there where it belongs, us southern girls could get a tan once in a while. :)

Southern Michele
11-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Years ago I had a set of studded snow tires when I moved South. When I got here the guy at the tire store asked what they were and why I would ever need them. That was the last time I ever even thought about winter tires at all. I think that was the last time I needed long johns as well. Long johns for pantyhose was not a bad trade.

erickka
11-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Run all terrains year round on my truck, never have to worry about breaking a nail here :) Tho we really don't get enough snow to make it worth bothering with in KY

I'm with ya, girl! Same for me here in southern middle Tn.

Jackiefl
11-30-2010, 11:02 AM
we have liquid snow in fl. and you don't have to shovel it. lol

boardpuppy
11-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Missoursi is just starting to get colf weather but nothing but a few flakes of snow and that is middle and south in the state. I don't have to worry about putting snow tires on to break my nails, all I have to do is change the front disc's and then its 2 hours of girl time getting my nails repaired. The bad part about it, that's only the front of one car, I have the back of that one and another to go.

Proteus
11-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I do the unmanly thing and have the tires changed at the shop.

jennifer easton
11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Danni, I love it!! you gave me a big LOL!!! sounds like what would happen to me, the thong and the bra strap, been there done that! I'm still roll'n on the floor!! Jenni

Kate Simmons
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
This is why when a woman HAS to change a tire she has to "man up" to do it.:heehee:

juligirl1984
12-01-2010, 04:06 AM
aww you're tire store doesn't switch them for you? ours does for free if you use their brand... kinda a nice deal... sorry to hear that you had a rough time with that project... funny how simple tires can turn into a event!

Leslie Langford
12-11-2010, 01:06 AM

...next thing you know, you'll be complaining about not having a thing to wear, getting a run in your pantyhose, not being able to do a thing with your hair, and wondering which purse you left your car keys in. :eek::doh::heehee:

JenniferR771
12-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Oh Danni, poor baby. I hate it too when my bra strap keeps falling down. That snow on the TV radar isn't real its just green lights on the TV screen. It will hit us first.
Did you see the commercial where the old lady throws her tire at the store? I am thinking it is really a crossdresser. Or ...maybe the tire mechanic with the least seniority at the Discount Tire store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QjTIm-vSKg

Tina B.
12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Well I know what tires are of course, but what is Snow???? Must be something you eastern girls have, we don't seem to have anything like that here on the pacific coast.
Tina B.

Dannigirl
12-11-2010, 04:56 PM
...next thing you know, you'll be complaining about not having a thing to wear, getting a run in your pantyhose, not being able to do a thing with your hair, and wondering which purse you left your car keys in. :eek::doh::heehee:

Hahahaha, that is so true, and I'm bloated, I have cramps and I don't feel pretty !!!

Well, still no snow here for me, just west of where I live (1 hour) they got 5 feet - yes 5 feet, no mountains around.