PDA

View Full Version : Opposite Sex Day... Have you experienced one of these unique events?

Loretta
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I did. I was still in the closet about my crossdressing at that point (this was a few years ago), when it was announced at my high school that one of the days of the upcoming "Spirit Week" was called "Opposite Sex Day". I was curious as to what this implied, so I asked one of my teachers. She said the Opposite Sex Day was an event held each year at the school, in which boys dressed like girls and vice-versa. I nodded my head in acknowledgement, but inside I vehemently wanted to take part.

So when I got off the bus, and arrived home that evening, I told my parents about the upcoming events of "Spirit Week" (all 5 day's worth). Upon me mentioning the details of Opposite Sex Day, my parents asked me if I really wanted to take part.
After confirming that I did, in fact, want to present myself as a woman for a day in front of my entire high school, my dad continued watching TV, and my Mom took hold of the situation. That night, after my dad had fallen asleep, my mom and I discussed how I wanted to dress, and went about trying on outfits. I tried on multiple pairs of underwear, pantyhose, pants, skirts, dresses, heels, sandals, blouses, tank tops, belts, bras, purses, and t-shirts.
Finally, we settled on three possible outfits for the occasion (A maroon prom dress with puffy lace sleeves, pantyhose, an ivory clutch bag, and a pair of silver ballroom heels; A black satin long-sleeved blouse with a black pleather mini-skirt, gold-speckled tank top, pantyhose, a gold chain belt and a black leather purse with a bow in the front; and A Shiny silver Swimsuit with the aforementioned pleather mini, a silver chain belt, a black leather jacket, the same purse as before, and a pair of 2' blue low-heeled sandals with a blue daisy covering the middle of the foot). After a while of consideration, I chose the second outfit.

The outfit I chose, while cute, was missing a cute pair of shoes. My mom was insistent on waiting to shop for a pair of heels, but with my small attention span, I could not wait. She took me to the local Christian Thrift Store, where she found a pair of size 10 1/2 W gold-sequined 3' wedges. She had me put on a pair of stockings that were lying around the store in order to make them slide on and off as effortlessly as possible. As soon as they were on my feet, she taught me how to secure the ankle straps on the wedges, and walked me up to the register, where a girl from school that I rode the bus with daily waited (laughing her behind off the entire time) to ring up the shoes, along with two pairs of clip-on earrings, a silver and a gold pair.

As soon as I got home, my mom had me put on a pair of pantyhose under a pair of shorts, and wear the shoes for a few hours to "stretch them out". I have to admit, when it came time to take them off, I didn't want to. They were comfortable. All I was missing now were breasts and a wig.

My mom determined that Blonde hair would look best with the outfit that I had chosen. Upon a trip to town with my dad, I noticed that there was a Halloween store open, and thought that it might have a pair of fake breasts that I could use to fill out my bra. They did, and so I bought a pair of those, along with a long curly blonde wig. The cost ended up being somewhere around $30.

The night before Opposite Sex Day, my mom taught me how to shave my legs, how to apply makeup, and how to paint my nails (after she left the room, I shaved my chest and arms, too.). By the time I was done, I tried on my outfit, along with my wig and "breasts", and looked at myself in the mirror. I thought I looked pretty. When my mom paraded me out in front of my dad, he said I looked like a genuine woman.

I took off the makeup and clothes, and my mom applied another coat of red nail polish to my fingernails. It seemed like it took forever to dry. My mom told me to wake her up at 5 AM the next morning, so she could get me ready. I laid out my clothes and shoes, and went to bed.

When I woke up the next morning, my mom sat me down on a chair, made up my face, and plucked/shaved my eyebrows. She applied a last coat of red nail polish to my nails, and after I got dressed, my mom put my wig on my head, and clipped the bangs up to my forehead with sparkly butterfly clips. As I walked out into the hallway, the pleather skirt felt WAY too tight, so she dressed me in the skirt that matched the blouse I was wearing.

(Holy ****. That prep section took a lot of time to write.)

Anyway, I left for the school bus, where most of my friends didn't recognize me until they looked at me a little closer. All the girls flocked to me, telling me things like, "You should have put some tampons in your purse, just for laughs", and "It's a good thing you didn't wear salon nails, you probably wouldn't of been able to pick things up!", and "OMG I LOVE YOUR NAILS/MAKEUP! Who did them/it?".

When I got to school, I was immediately told by all of the girls to arch my back a bit when I walk, and to not look down at my feet. Also, I was told to try to take smaller, closer steps. I followed their advice, and went largely unrecognized for most of the day. In my classes, people hardly recognized me. One girl in my Econ class told me that she wouldn't have recognized me until I had spoken. My Algebra II teacher told me that I looked very pretty, but my outfit was only the second most elegant that she had seen on an Opposite Sex Day. She told me that one boy had worn a prom dress or a ball gown, and managed to get his feminine movement down and voice and everything, and wouldn't have been able to have been pointed out as a boy among a crowd of girls. When I asked to go to the bathroom, my Algebra II teacher asked me if I was going to the "Ladies room", amid gales of laughter from the class. I was told by a classmate to pose for a special yearbook photo (he was in yearbook) that pertained to Opposite Sex Day.

When I think about it, I was the only guy who dressed to the level that I did. Some others only put on a flamboyant skirt, or wore fake boobs under boy clothes with a purse.

When I got home, despite what several girls had said, my feet did not hurt. In fact, they felt the best the ever had. I attributed it to the use of pantyhose while wearing the shoes, a practice that I guess a lot of girls don't do.

My parents had me take off the clothes, but not before I posed for a few photos.
I had to go to the store while wearing the nail polish, and I didn't hide my nails from the cashier as she reached for the cash from my hand.

Later, my computer crashed, and the photos were gone upon reboot, save for one that my English teacher took and posted up on a back wall of the classroom until the end of the year.

Know what else? The photo that was taken for yearbook wasn't posted in the yearbook. The place was taken by a guy who wore fake boobs under boy clothes.
Oh well. I had one of the best times of my life that day. Probably something he can't say.

Has anyone else experienced an "Opposite Sex Day"?

NicoleScott
11-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Are you known to your schoolmates to be a crossdresser?
There is always the danger that a CD wants to dress up for a legitimate event (like Opposite Sex Day, or Halloween) but remain in the closet, but is too authenic for it to be one-time-for-gags, thereby leaving others to wonder..... This was discussed in a recent Halloween thread with many posts.
I would love to have seen the pics.

Loretta
11-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Are you known to your schoolmates to be a crossdresser?
There is always the danger that a CD wants to dress up for a legitimate event (like Opposite Sex Day, or Halloween) but remain in the closet, but is too authenic for it to be one-time-for-gags, thereby leaving others to wonder..... This was discussed in a recent Halloween thread with many posts.
I would love to have seen the pics.

My crossdressing is strictly under wraps to anyone other than my immediate family, so no knowledge of it by my schoolmates.

linnea
11-29-2010, 11:58 PM
My classmates in high school, college, graduate school would not believe it. In those arenas, I was strictly in the closet. Now, if I had it to do over (knowing what I know now), things would be different.

AllieSF
11-30-2010, 12:25 AM
What a wonderful story about a great opportunity to be yourself among your friends and peers all for a good cause and all with your parent's support. Your Mom was awesome. I never had that opportunity. The closest I ever came was a costume party event where I dressed as an ordinary woman and spent the night acting the role, even to the point where my secretary took me to the Lady's room every time I needed to go! And that was 25 years before I ever knew that I like to CD. One of those clues that went way over my head at that time. Thanks for sharing your great story.

Shelby
11-30-2010, 12:59 AM
We had a day like that in high school back in the early 90's but today it wouldn't be allowed. I work at a high school and the rules for halloween and any spirit week always say no crossdressing since lets face it, some guys would wear Dolly Parton size boobs. The year that I was in school, we had opposite sex day and I so wanted to dress for it. I told my sister who was also in the building that year and she let me try on some of her skirts but none fit, then my mom found out and let me try on some of her dresses. My mom's selection wasn't great by the way. So I thought about going to school early and getting access to the costume room and wear one of the Choral Pop Group dresses that the girls no longer wore, but I wasn't permitted. As it is only 2 guys in the whole school dressed up. The one guy wore a short skirt and blouse and the other wore a fem sweater which oddly enough was similiar to what he normally wore anyways. The first guy although popular was heckled by everyone and promptly changed into his gym clothes. The girls had more fun with the day by wearing jerseys and ballcaps, but the event was never offered again. It is a shame that it isn't an option. Even as an employee at a school, it would be fun to dress up for an event if offered.

Pythos
11-30-2010, 02:30 AM
They say no crossdressing on Halloween. GEEZE LOUISE!!!! What the hell is wrong with these school districts?!! How about those morons say " NO over sized fake breasts if you choose to dress as a woman"

I think one of the main things that ruined oposite sex days were conservative parents having their underwear bunch up on them at the idea.

Loretta
11-30-2010, 02:39 AM
They say no crossdressing on Halloween. GEEZE LOUISE!!!! What the hell is wrong with these school districts?!! How about those morons say " NO over sized fake breasts if you choose to dress as a woman"

I think one of the main things that ruined oposite sex days were conservative parents having their underwear bunch up on them at the idea.
I completely agree. If only people were more open.

jarts55
11-30-2010, 03:09 AM
I have seen pictures of both kids and staff crossdressing for some event at one of the highschools here. Teacher with the pictures thought it was alright for them to do it but thinks we are freaks.

gaylegirlify
11-30-2010, 06:39 AM
I remember when we had a cross dress disco at a work do, my wife dressed me and did my make up and dressed me in a lovely black dress and heels, i didn't want to change i enjoyed myself so much.

juligirl1984
11-30-2010, 07:06 AM
LOL I daydreamed our school would do that during spirt week!!!! so glad a school does do it! its good for the students to open up a bit.

Christie ann
11-30-2010, 09:42 AM
At one of the first schools I ever taught at, I wore a skirt all day long...still have great memories

JohnH
11-30-2010, 11:59 AM
We had a day like that in high school back in the early 90's but today it wouldn't be allowed. I work at a high school and the rules for halloween and any spirit week always say no crossdressing since lets face it, some guys would wear Dolly Parton size boobs.

It is part of "politically correct" and "zero tolerance" mentality of some school districts. Recall there was an Eagle Scout in Lansingburgh, NY who was expelled for having a 5 cm (2 inch) pen knife in a rescue kit in his car.

TGMarla
11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Never have had the pleasure of such a day. I guess my generation wasn't open-minded enough to do something like that yet.

That said, things like this would be a trap for a guy like me. I'd be way too good at it and people would talk. There's the difference, you see: some of these guys are dressing in a way that mocks women. It's like they're some kind of second-class humans. I dress in a way that emulates women in a very positive way, and (I think) sort of places them on a pedestal. Were I to participate in an event like this, anyone who didn't know I was an old hand at these things would be just naive.

Rebecca Sue
11-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Great story Tara. Too bad there isn't a National Opposite Sex Day every year, or better yet every week. Instead of casual Friday we could have Feminie Friday. Works for me!!!

NicoleScott
11-30-2010, 07:57 PM

I'm sure it's only a one way ban. Surely girls will still be able to dress as guys. Still the double standard.

Jonianne
11-30-2010, 08:13 PM
My kid's high school has opposite gender day every year during spirit week and they have a blast. Both my son and daughter have participated at least once. For a school way out in the country, no one has ever had a problem with it.

CatAttack
11-30-2010, 08:38 PM
I think they did that at my highschool my freshman year.. but I regrettably did not participate :(

docrobbysherry
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
It's even WORSE out here in the big ORANGE! On my daughter's school's, "opposite day", the Sponge Bobs dresses as Patrick and vice versa! Ouch!

dilane
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
They banned it at a high school in Redondo Beach, Ca, some years ago because many of the guys were sporting giant boobs and constantly grabbing each-other's chests. A number of girls felt offended and ridiculed, complained, and that was the end of that...