PDA

View Full Version : Do you have time for other hobbies?

Jay Cee
11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
After I spent an hour the other day epilating my arm hairs, I got to thinking about how much time it took. The removal of all my body hair would take 3 - 4 hours with an epilator, once a week. If I was to dress up and apply makeup nightly, then have to remove the makeup... shop for women's clothing... and the other thousands of things that I don't even know about...

So, do you have time for other hobbies? Has CD'ing taken away time from other things that you love to do, or maybe completely displaced other pastimes (sp?). I'm not great at time management (yet), so maybe it is just a matter of scheduling. I don't know.

Just curious.

suchacutie
11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
There is no doubt that maintaining a second gender takes time. I grant that there is reading to do, buying clothes and things, and certainly practicing (for those of us who are still learning).

On the other hand, I now spend more time talking to my wife (stimulated by gender-related topics), I take better care of myself, and I'm certainly more organized so things get done more easily (and Tina is the epitome of efficiency and fastidiousness!!!).

So, all in all I think that much of the time has been taken from tasks that I might not have wanted (like getting sick more often! ... no lie, I've been a lot healthier since Tina arrived...not one back episode that kept me in bed for a week!!!) so I'm still planting a huge garden, we heat only with wood (and it's cold here in the winter!), I play the violin a lot, I crochet (in both genders), and I love to rebuild parts of the house as we upgrade it.

LOL...maybe Tina has actually brought me more time than she's taken away (she fills nail holes at the top of moldings with those great 6" platforms of hers!) ..

:)

Alice Torn
11-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Good question. I used to play basketball, roller skate, ice skate, fish, bicycle, hike, swim, draw pictures, read. Now, about all i get to do, is ride bike some, fish some, when winter is over. Computer takes up far more time with me, than dressing issues. I only get all dressed about once a week, take photos. I do lament, that it has become so big in my life. There are many more constructive, things i could be doing. But, i am an artistic being, and I now consider my dressing up, as work of creative art. But, since i very seldom go out in public, it does seem like kind of a dead end at times.

BrendaAlexandra
11-29-2010, 11:56 PM
I used to play ice hockey year round but still found time for other things. I got tired of weeknight games ending at midnight or later and had to reluctantly give up hockey. About two years ago I finally got the sailboat I always wanted and now I spend lots of time maintaining the boat, thinking about and planing maintenance, and a little time actually sailing. I still have time for other fun activities, and in fact the folks around the marina never noticed or commented on the smooth legs this summer.

Ria
11-30-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm a painter, I get in a painting session per day, not crossdressed though =)

AllieSF
11-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Not really. I am too obsessed with reading everything on this site everyday all during the day. I need to get another life that melds both of my current lives together so I don't grow roots in my computer desk chair!

Karren H
11-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Oh yeah... I've given up sleeping so I can get everything on my plate and hobbies and ice hockey... And work and crossdressing in... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

eluuzion
11-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Fortunately, I am a responsible and well-adjusted individual that quickly identifies issues which have potential to interfere with the other areas of my life. I recognized my CD interests were becoming one of these issues. So I immediately took action to resolve the issue by doing the right thing...

I quit my corporate job and became self-employed.

There, all better...:D

:love:

Gerrijerry
11-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Funny I never thought that I was living a hobbie. A male or female does each day what they need to do to be health and (be pretty etc.) Same as takeing a shower there are things that simple need to be done.

Gina X
11-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Fortunately, I am a responsible and well-adjusted individual that quickly identifies issues which have potential to interfere with the other areas of my life. I recognized my CD interests were becoming one of these issues. So I immediately took action to resolve the issue by doing the right thing...

I quit my corporate job and became self-employed.

There, all better...:D

:love:

I like this way of thinking it gives me hope for the human race LOL

Lots of love Gina x

juligirl1984
11-30-2010, 06:55 AM
I've got so many hobbies I need Juli to help out to get to them all LOL! jk. yea CD takes up time but its my No 1 best thing for me right now it seems.

Raychel
11-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Simple answer, NO.

Between working, the other home life and my prefered way of dressing, There isn't much time left for anything else.

Margot
11-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Well I'm retired so I don't have time wasted going to and from work. I do have a lot of hobbies outside our home. HOWEVER!!! I'm now practically24/7 at home and do not go out dressed ( wish I had the courage of others). I enjoy the home routines cooking, baking cleaning etc. I enjoy my time as Margot so much that I'm tending to dislike my former hobbies and prefer to just be comfortable in my home. My wife worries about my dropping my hobbies but really appreciates my developing homemaking skills. Now she has more time for her fitness routines, shopping and reading that she loves to do. I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing sometimes but know I probably will not be able to step back at this point.
Margot

BeckyAnderson
11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
I actually find time for two other interests, golf and model railroading (in HO scale). However, I either dress or under dress for both, depending on who else is participating :)

A pic of a portion of my layout:

Loni
11-30-2010, 08:10 AM
dressing has not stopped any hobby. but work has.
all the off hours I am away in the truck, I get in and sleep.
and the bills and the tax man keep the checking account empty.
but I am very slowly rebuilding the break system on my jeep.
and if my landlord would be ok with it I would like to build a train layout in the front room. (largest room in the house).
but again money.
pending time I have been to the range infem.

but only very short hrs not at work. even here I am on the phone as I was forced into a layover and now loose my only day off for the week.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Now that I think of it I have no life whatsoever. My male modes entire existence is in order to serve me. I have no hobbies or interest that are not somehow related to or influenced by CDing.

Chickhe
11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
The opposite. I find I enjoy CDing while doing my hobbies. And, I never did much exercise before but once I started dressing up and cycling I had a good reason to get in shape.

Annaliese2010
11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
After I spent an hour the other day epilating my arm hairs, I got to thinking about how much time it took. The removal of all my body hair would take 3 - 4 hours with an epilator, once a week. If I was to dress up and apply makeup nightly, then have to remove the makeup... shop for women's clothing... and the other thousands of things that I don't even know about... Try NoNo (see link below) its fast and effective - and after awhile you dont have to even use it very often. Also...wear your makeup light. Shop via the internet. Don't buy into the Madison Avenue - Hollywood ideal of what it means to be a woman or a girl. It's fun at times to go all the way; transgress; cross the line - other times fun to merge your feminine nature/taste/desires with your male side. Go up go down; skirt the edge; put your toes to the line - touch it even, but don't cross it all the time. Seduce yourself.

Introduce your girl to your guy - express them both at the same time - but make sure they behave! (or you'll be writhing on the couch his hands all over her, pinned down by lustful desire unleashed - lol). How creative are you? Try it and see. A little this a little that; a stylish hint a fluorish of color... Whatever mood you're in. Fun!

http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/fashionista-blog/hair-removal_NoNo

Shelly67
11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I dj - psy trance is my choice of tunes ... I especially love to throw a mix together load it onto my ipod then go cycling ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHDraMwWjHw

Sharon B.
11-30-2010, 04:48 PM
I do enjoy other hobbies but only in male mode horseback riding/camping and riding my ATV/camping but once back home when everything is unloaded, the first thing I do is hard for a bath or shower and get feminine as possible.
Just wish I had the nerve to do it in feminine attire.

Jannis
11-30-2010, 05:00 PM
I do love to play piano. I play classical and jazz. When alone, I dress up to play, but mostly I play for others when in drab. I also enjoy fly fishing and tying flies. Usually, a drab activity!!!

Aleca
11-30-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm like one of the posters here, I used to do other stuff, especially exercising, less as I got older. The only reason I am able to do more of it right now is because unemployment. In this case I allow it to take my time away from looking for work, both in person and online and take away time for house chores. When my wife is gone it is like all that I want to do. I know that sounds great and gives me a high feeling at the moment but when I look back at the day and see what all else I could have and should have accomplished it doesn't feel very good.
Also someone mentioning make up and the amount of time it takes, that takes too long I agree. I get 3 hours from when my wife goes to work until lunchtime, 4 hours in the afternoon but by the time I have gathered up all my hidden clothes, I just kind of stare at myself in the mirror and nonstop daydreaming and that time is quickly over. To me that's not so great if it doesn't lead anywhere or lead to anything.

Tallulah Rose
11-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I think it's fair to say that CDing is a creative endeavour. It's artistic and shows great imagination. My other hobbies include painting, practicing piano playing and I really love a good book. Rather than a time-drain, I just view CDing as another good use of spare time (when I have it). ;)

Tammy V
11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I might as well sell my boat, have not taken it out in 3 years and barely fish anymore.

Christina89
11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
i like to play video games a lot. and when i'm not working i have a lot of time to myself and i do both crossdressing and play video games at the same time.

L0vleyme
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
but I am very slowly rebuilding the break system on my jeep.

Alright! another jeeper on here.
My jeep is my male hobby (though I do know a few females who enjoy the same). I guess I don't really have any female hobbies, I guess cding is kind of a hobby, but would that be another male hobby? I enjoy a good shopping trip, but don't do it to the point I consider it a hobby. So tp answer the op question, it doesn't subtract from enjoying other hobbies

Fab Karen
11-30-2010, 06:53 PM
There are OTHER hobbies?? :)

"This is the best way that I've found
to be the best you've ever seen" - Hedwig

Frédérique
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
So, do you have time for other hobbies? Has CD'ing taken away time from other things that you love to do, or maybe completely displaced other pastimes (sp?). I'm not great at time management (yet), so maybe it is just a matter of scheduling. I don't know.

I just want to say that crossdressing may be a “hobby” for you, but that description will not sit well with others, me included. My hobby may be writing about crossdressing, here, on this site, and my dressing is anything but a pastime. It can be very relaxing, of course, but so is breathing…
:straightface:

docrobbysherry
12-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Washing my car?
Cleaning my house?
Working in my yard?
Running my business?
Reading the newspaper?
Watching/doing sports?
Socializing with LIVE people?
Traveling?

But then, I mite MISS the latest Karren quip! Or, a dressing/shopping tip! Or, the latest adventures of one of the, "I went out with", girls!:D
Hey! That OTHER CRAP is for people with real lives! Why would I want one of THOSE, when I can have SO MUCH FUN with CDing!?:devil:

Jay Cee
12-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I just want to say that crossdressing may be a “hobby” for you, but that description will not sit well with others, me included. My hobby may be writing about crossdressing, here, on this site, and my dressing is anything but a pastime. It can be very relaxing, of course, but so is breathing…
:straightface:

Interesting.

You may take offence if you wish, Frederique. However, none was intended. I had to call CD'ing something. Obviously, it is not a typical hobby, to be certain. And that is as far as I am going to go, lest I tread on more toes. ;)

gwenbeth
12-02-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't have a lot of time for my "normal" hobbies (in my case doing electronics projects), but at least I can do them when my wife is in the house.

linnea
12-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Like Becky, I dress or under-dress for everything that I do, so my femme life includes my hobbies. The femme part I don't think of as a hobby.

Xandria
12-02-2010, 12:15 AM
i have to have balance in my life, i will not allow 1 activity gain more of my attention than the others.. i work 75hr weeks, play in 2 bands, have a loving g/f.. wish i could quit the job and make adult movies with the g/f :) but thats a ways off yet LOL

maryellen
12-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I think it's fair to say that CDing is a creative endeavour. It's artistic and shows great imagination. My other hobbies include painting, practicing piano playing and I really love a good book. Rather than a time-drain, I just view CDing as another good use of spare time (when I have it). ;)

I agree; It's very much an artistic skill set that rewards practice and imagination. I wish I had more opportunities to indulge. I also enjoy photography and skiing. Oddly, skiing is the one setting in which I haven't wanted to dress. I'm just interested in warmth and function. Maybe I haven't seen a cute enough ski outfit.

NathalieX66
12-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I need to sell a 1957 Ford Fairlane so I can buy a 27 foot sailboat so I can rest comfortably somwhere along any inlet or harbor on the east coast. I am Captain Jack Sparrow at heart. That's my guy self. I'm prety mechanical too.

Without the above mentioned, I'm afraid I have to say that I would make a transition into being female, and you know....go all the way.

Sailing is my family,and what I know. .....New England Clam Chowder too!

but the first part, I love too much. Mine is a good life life so far, and I can't complain. I have too many friends with sleeper sailboats, and it is the life for me. Pirate at heart. :coolp::...truly.

Sheila11
12-02-2010, 01:05 AM
I Ride motorcycles. Street, trail, race motorcross, trials, and keep all my bikes going. The only way I can keep the m/c going is to commit to schedules. Scedule for racing, schedule for dirt riding, schedule for street rides. Commit to the schedule and to other people. If not, then it all goes by-by.

CD fun is just monday afternoon and here and there.

Joni T
12-02-2010, 01:08 AM
There's ALWAYS time for a trip to the rifle or shotgun range and some friendly competition, be it trap, high-power rifle or black powder. No, I don't shoot en femme nor under-dress.
Jon(i)

Patriciadtv
12-02-2010, 05:36 AM
I have 2 helico, repair and ajustement i do in garage at night in heel and skirt.

Spicie
12-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't know where I get my time... I work 40-50 hours a week at work, run a small design firm from home, do free design work for local groups, work my dog, and still have time to do shop work. I'm working on a routine for hair removal, (nair burnt my chest this morning before work) but I generally only femme up 2-3 times a week, which for me is taking a shower when I get home from work, changing, do some makeup and get back to work. ;)

I think my best trick is that I don't watch TV and quit playing video games years ago. Lots of free time. Though I like to sit down and watch a movie with my wife en femme.

Madilyn A.
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Like many of you girls, I could not do justice to a job, CDing, and golf. So I took an early retirement form my job and cut back on golf. Still can't find enough time to feed my inner soul !!!

Zoie
12-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Im a gun lover so I spend (or use too its cold here at the moment) alot of time at the range. I own many guns and love to go shooting. Be fun to do that dressed up lol!

Besides that I love the outdoors ie: camping, fishing, hunting, etc

Oh and im a techy kind gal love computers and such.. build my own all the time!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
12-02-2010, 03:32 PM
CDing is not a hobby for me, it is part of my everyday life. My hobby is art and 3D digital art to be precise. Just love it because I can be creative without the mess and do it dressed. I also read forums and learn from others who have knowledge to share. I am getting very choosy how I spend my time. Sometimes I regret the time lost because it is wasted on issues that do not contribute to my well being and cause me stress. I also love to garden because when I have stressed out I walk around the garden and meditate. Balancing it all is the key aim. Equilibrium within brings me contentment. Oh yeh and SURF too, miss it so much coz the banks are full of grommets and others so I stress if I cannot get a good ride.