PDA

View Full Version : Small Kindnesses

discoveringsophia
11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
It is the small kindnesses that propel us through life. Today I was picking up the dry cleaning, dressed like a woman. This is my usual dry cleaner, where I have been, looking like a boy.

The owner retrieved my clothes and said, several times, “You look different!” To which my reply was, simply, “Yes, I do look different today; it must be the hair.”

As I prepared to take the hangers full of clothes from her, she held them a second longer, looked me in the eye and said, “You look pretty! I’m so jealous!”

Whether she is sincere or not, I nearly cried with happiness over such a simple act of grace from someone I hardly know.

Rianna Humble
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Thank you for sharing that Sophia :hugs: You are so right about small kindnesses and remarks helping us to goet through life.

I'm sure the owner was sincere after all she had nothing to gain from merely flattering you.

tanyalynn51
11-30-2010, 06:17 PM
It's those small kindnesses that balance all the negative stories that seem to come on here. Thanks for sharing.

7sisters
11-30-2010, 10:04 PM
kindness is the most important thing in the world.

Melissa A.
11-30-2010, 10:15 PM
...And some folks just don't care about stuff that doesn't matter. Gotta love 'em.

Hugs,

Melissa:)