PDA

View Full Version : All dressed up but...

Briana90802
11-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Nowhere to go. I seem to find myself dressing and not having anywhere to go. I'd rather go out with other xdressers and have a girls night out. Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Prehaps we should all get together and have a convention in las Vegas or something. Like a three day event with hundreds of vendors, makeup lectures, famous CDers, and fashion shows. We'll call it XD-con.

Anyone else up for the convention idea???

AllieSF
12-01-2010, 02:14 AM
I thought that is what "Divas Las Vegas" is? Anyway, I know what you mean. I get out a lot, but it is fun to just have a few steady friends to go out with.

Deborah_UK
12-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Nowhere to go. I seem to find myself dressing and not having anywhere to go. I'd rather go out with other xdressers and have a girls night out. Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Prehaps we should all get together and have a convention in las Vegas or something. Like a three day event with hundreds of vendors, makeup lectures, famous CDers, and fashion shows. We'll call it XD-con.

Anyone else up for the convention idea???

There's already a convention - http://www.sccatl.org/ quite a few girls here attend it - hopefully one year I'll get across the Atlantic to attend as well

Sara Jessica
12-01-2010, 09:26 AM
There are several conventions around the country like you describe. Then there's also Diva Las Vegas which is completely different. DLV is a series of scheduled activities over the course of a week. Most mainstream, some are off the beaten path. One can do as much or as little as they see fit. If I recall correct, DLV in 2011 is in early April.

bridgetta
12-01-2010, 01:26 PM
oh hell yes.. we need that...!

NicoleScott
12-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes, there are conventions, but what I'd rather do is have a small group or a few other crossdressers locally to talk to, go out with, or just dress up and hang out in private with. Other cd's with that common desire. My shyness gets in the way, though, from really doing this.

WheatishCD
12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
i agree with you briana... whenever i am dressed i am need someone with me... preferably a CD!!

sterling12
12-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Your in Long Beach! I KNOW that there are a lot of Support Groups, lots of TG Friendly Bars, lots of LGBT Cultural Activities, in and around The L.A. Metro Area. A cursory look-see on a Google Search ought to get you started on meeting scads of people. Try looking for places that advertise as Trans-Friendly. If you hook up with A Group, you will meet lots of people who can give you entrée into The Scene.

If you lived someplace like Dirtwater, Alabama and were isolated in a small, non-liberal, anti-TG Setting, that would be a problem. But The Area where you live? Gosh, you ought to be able to walk out The Back Door, and shake one of The Trees. I would almost bet some one transgendered would fall at your feet!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Ellenor
12-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I am sitting here all dressed - with no where to go or not brave enough yet to do so.. I wish to meet some other xdressers around here but am very cautious...

Alice B
12-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Other than getting out to a local TG bar once in a while I have not gone out. But, I plan to go to Diva Las Vegas. It is April 4-8 and my wife has said she is OK with my going. Finally I might get to play gold while dressed. Go to the Diva Las Vegas web site for information.

Karren H
12-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Nahhh. I've been out with a few local girls but personally I prefer to fly solo. Like me vs the world. Nothing to slow me down! Lol.

docrobbysherry
12-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Your in Long Beach! I KNOW that there are a lot of Support Groups, lots of TG Friendly Bars, lots of LGBT Cultural Activities, in and around The L.A. Metro Area. A cursory look-see on a Google Search ought to get you started on meeting scads of people. Try looking for places that advertise as Trans-Friendly. If you hook up with A Group, you will meet lots of people who can give you entrée into The Scene.

If you lived someplace like Dirtwater, Alabama and were isolated in a small, non-liberal, anti-TG Setting, that would be a problem. But The Area where you live? Gosh, you ought to be able to walk out The Back Door, and shake one of The Trees. I would almost bet some one transgendered would fall at your feet!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Joanie is rite, Briana! There's a HEAP of us CDs in SoCal! Why doesn't someone organise a get together? Not just going to a packed, noisy club, but somewhere where we can hang, BS, and exchange shopping/dressing tips!? Lol!

Joni T
12-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Doc is right. We really should ALL try to get together sometime. It really would be fun. I usually hang at Fashion Island on Thursday eves when my wife goes bowling. There're lots of places to meet there. It's always fun to people-watch and window-shop.
Joni

danielletorresani
12-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd consider meeting up with someone for coffee someday, but at this point I prefer to go solo.

snifff
12-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I would love to find someone to go out with.... WI is very lonely. I am married and only my wife knows my secret. She is still trying to "deal" with it. I am looking to leave my house dressed, but have noone to support me. I am too chicken to go solo.

jjjjohanne
12-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I tried this once and it worked. At one of the stores where I shopped, I asked if I could come in and volunteer and they said yes. There I was a week later in all girls' clothes working right beside GGs talking clothes, shaving, CDing, and other random topics (they brought up the shaving).

nikitataylor0210
12-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Done both, solo + hanging with CD friends... took awhile to find the ones who were on the same wavelength as me, but as soon as I did, that was the only way I would go out/hit a club/dinner etc. Sadly, both of them moved out of LA which had a negative impact on my going out as well. Went solo a few times and didn't have as much fun...

I ended up taking a trip to meet one of them and had the best three days/nights ever !

Lexine
12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh you silly So Cal girls. I'm going to Club Shine tonight in Van Nuys if any of you want to meet me and Nutmeg and a couple of other forum patrons. Even if it IS loud, we CAN still talk about fashion and makeup and what not. That hasn't stopped me or the rest of my friends from doing so ;)

And if you DO want to hang out outside of a club setting, I say just post something here and I will be there if it's at a reasonable time and place. I don't get home until 6:30pm, so I'll need about an hour to get ready. I live in Studio City, so it'd be nice if we could all meet nearby. It'll be fun to meet new people!

And yes, if you've followed my posts, I do have a Disneyland Premium Annual Passport, and I HAVE gone to Disneyland en femme if anyone would wanna somehow try that with me LOL