PDA

View Full Version : Out To Another

Holly
09-12-2005, 11:31 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I told a GG friend of mine that I was a crossdresser. Her reaction wasn't what I quite expected. She said that she had suspected something because I had dressed up as a girl for the last three Halloweens! Maybe Halloween isn't so safe afterall :eek:!

Anyway, this past weekend, I helped her set some things up in a new condo she had jsut moved into the week before... hang some curtains, put up some shelves, fix the stereo, just a bunch of little things she she didn't feel confident doing herself. Well, during the day, she gave me a box. Inside the box was and assortment of cosmetics and lotions and moisturizers and body scrubs and all sorts of other little goodies! I was so touched... I almost cried. I'm such a lucky girl to have such loving and accepting friends. And now I'm going to look and smell even prettier... well smell prettier at least! :rolleyes:

Acceptance is out there. It's up to us to go out there and get it! The people who already know us, know how lovable we really are.

Sharon
09-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Very cool, Holly! You can't have too many friends who not only accept you, but also express it so nicely (not to mention generously).

Three years running dressing up on Halloween? I think even a dim bulb like me would have begun to raise my brows. :)

Tristen Cox
09-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Very cool Holly *sniff* yes you already smell better I must say :eek: :D ;)

Rikki
09-13-2005, 02:08 AM
That is a touching story Holly.You are so lucky to have so many friends like that. You are right though, acceptance is out there and it is up to us to find it. I have told a few friends about me and am so surprised at how they all have taken it and support me. My wife is the only one who has seen Rikki, but all the others okay with me.
BTW your girls' weekend looked and sounded like you were having way too much fun. :dance: :bow:

Rikki :thumbsup:

Khriss
09-13-2005, 02:54 AM
-fixin' the stereo seems so "guy" specific,but when freinds or gg's could appreciate femme'ness in you , ...Sweeet!!.. though looking at Your avatar Holly,, I do'nt see -except 4ourduallityoften, her being , any less than accepting- of Holly, (esp- inside!)......imho "K"

ChristineRenee
09-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Nice story sis. Maybe all this angst that we have about being found out by those we know and who love us is unfounded after all.

And now I know too why you were smelling so good the other night...and Tristen kept trying to stick her tongue in your ear!:eek: :D

Holly
09-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Ladies, thank-you for your kind comments.

Sharon- You're right of course. I shouldn't have been so surprised. It's just so hard to turn down an opportunity to be me!

Tristen- Put your tongue back in your mouth! :D

Rikki- Yes indeed, I'm a very lucky girl. Not only do I have so many wonderful friends here on the forum, but physically around me as well. And yes, we did have more fun than a human being should be allowed to have Labor Day weekend! ;)

Khriss- TY for your kind and generous words. You're always such a lady!

Chrissie- You're always there for me, honey. I so appreciate it. And yes, I think if we've done a good job of selecting our friends, we really do have less to worry about than we think. And if some have a hard time accepting us for who/what we are... maybe they weren't such good friends to begin with? Just a thought.

RachelDenise
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Holly, congratulations on a beautiful friendship! I think your friend found the perfect gift for the real you!!!!! :D

Marla GG
09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Holly,

You are such a special and precious person that I can't imagine your friend reacting in any other way. She may have been surprised at first, but because of the strength of your friendship, she didn't judge you. She has probably come to understand that you are Holly and Holly is you, the same person she has known, loved, and trusted for years. Her gift to you was such a beautiful gesture of acceptance. It nearly made me cry, too! Thanks for sharing that story, sweetie.

DanaJ
09-13-2005, 04:21 PM
That's cool Holly, I'm really glad that it worked out well for you! :thumbsup: I have found that when I tell my GG friends, they are very accepting - as long as they look at you only as a friend, not BF material.

I'm planning on coming out to my old massage therapist tonight, I am nervous! My old massage therapist who knew about my CDing moved away, so.... can't hide the polished toes and gelled nails so I guess I will tell her :)

DanaJ

JocelynG
09-13-2005, 05:51 PM
That was a wonderful story Holly. I'm so happy you found yet another that you can share your inner beauty with. I'm sure you will smell lovely as well :)