PDA

View Full Version : If you look like a duck, walk like a duck and you talk like a duck . . .

LitaKelley
12-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Yesterday I had to get out en femme as it's been awhile since I was last out and it's been bugging the crap out of me.. So, out I went to do several things... food shopping, get gas, go to shoe store, cash a check, go to walmart to return something then do some holiday shopping, then go to a clothing store.. all in my local area to places I always go to in drab.

So, it was a wonderful experience.. as usual, nothing negative...but today was a little more pleasant, because I noticed, alot of people said hi to me.. alot of people smiled at me.. alot of people engaged me in conversation or some form of interaction.. These things never happen when in drab.... it felt as if everything was normal and I actually AM a woman... it's like either they can't tell I'm genetically male, or they don't care... in the multiple stops I made.. not one negative look or comment.. no sneering nor snickering nor pointing or whispering... nothing... everyone was friendly and nice... or oblivious to my presence.

I also noticed too that when I engaged and interacted with people, I no longer felt self conscious over my voice and that it come out more natural as a result. I don't know what it sounded like to them, but I felt it was more feminine with no superficial effort.

I don't know what to feel or think about the whole experience... Am I passing as a woman and these people are fooled, or are people really this accepting and non prejudicial.. maybe nobody cares and the world really isn't such a dark evil place after all. Nonetheless, it does not matter..... because in my heart, I AM a woman and yesterday proved it to me...

I guess there's truth to the old saying... 'If you look like a duck, walk like a duck and you talk like a duck . . . you must be a duck.'

docrobbysherry
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Good for U, Lita!

Just remember the most important "duckism":

Be sure never to SMELL like a DUCK!

LitaKelley
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Good for U, Lita!

I smelled like three sprays of Goddess. :)

Hmm.... maybe it was the perfume.... it enchanted everyone, lol

siantv2003
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Youre a 100% correct - confidence is the name of the game. Congratulations

Pythos
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds really really good. A good experience for sure.

sandra-leigh
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
People in my city are quite accepting of me when I Dress completely, or even (as is more typical for me) when I "gender bend", wearing obvious female clothes (and, usually, an obvious bust) with my regular face and hair. They do engage me more, smile at me more, remember me personally and get interested in me, compliment me, welcome me back.

It took rather some time to puzzle this one out; I asked a lot of the same questions that you did.

A key point, which other people had to point out to me, was that when I'm in obvious female presentation, I look happier, more cheerful, more... alive? I become more of the kind of personality that people enjoy interacting with.

But yeah, from an intellectual point of view, it does seem so weird sometimes when I do something like take a bus or walk down a busy street as "a guy with boobs in a dress" and people don't stare at me or turn away from me, and just treat me like I'm a "normal" semi-attractive person. There's a part of me that expects to be criticized.. maybe even at some level wants to be criticized... and when it doesn't happen, things seem strange, as if everything you've been told about society and social pressures is wrong. Or are those things still true and you are "passing" (then why does everyone call you Sir?) Or are those things still true but somehow YOU are an exemption to them??

One of the oddest parts to me is that children just treat me like a regular person. Adults you know might be acting deliberately "politically correctly", or making conscious decisions along the lines of "Well, they are pretty strange, but they look happy, so who am I to judge?", but when the children just glance at you and then their attention promptly wanders, you know that for whatever reason, you "fit". Not necessarily "pass", but "fit"... that what people see and quickly assess is that what you are doing is the right thing for you.

Karren H
12-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I still need to work on my quack!! Lol.

Sarah Michelle
12-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I like Sandra-Leigh's point of being a more pleasant, happier individual while you are en femme, and that in turn affecting those you encounter. It would be nice to think that you lived in a non-judgmental, non-critical part of the world but my guess is, you were happy, they were engaged.....

juligirl1984
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
go ducks!!!!!! lol oregon here baby.

Phoebe Reece
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I've had the very same experience that Lita described when I have been out by myself. I don't think that it is because I am actually "passing". I think it is because people have a tendancy to see what they want to see and react accordingly. They may know very well that I am a man dressed as a woman, but it is easier for them to just go with the flow and relate to me as if I really were a GG. Society conditions you to relate to men one way and to women another way. There is no conditioning for most people on how to relate to crossdressers, so most will simply relate to the presentation they are faced with.

deebra
12-01-2010, 03:00 PM
You are very attractive and young, probially more attractive in fem than male and I think everybody loves to talk, flirt and interact with an attracyive woman. So if I am right, maybe being out more in fem is the way-to-go!!

busker
12-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I still need to work on my quack!! Lol.

Karren, if it's your sense of humor, you got it perfected. You really QUACK me up.
signed
daffy

Kelly DeWinter
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Good for U, Lita!

I think we are all a little quackers

docrobbysherry
12-01-2010, 08:40 PM
go ducks!!!!!! lol oregon here baby.

Who would have thunk that Anaheim would have had supporters THAT far North? I agree Julie,GO DUCKS!! They knocked off the LA Kings the other nite and we have tickets to see them at the Pond in 2 weeks!