PDA

View Full Version : Could laziness be a factor

Pythos
12-01-2010, 12:56 PM
As I got ready for work today a thought entered my mind.

For today I had chosen my blue spandex disco pant. For those that don't know these are essentially skinny jeans made of really thick spandex. Skin tight and for many really sexy.

That being said, these are a trick to get into due to their tightness. I don't think I have been able to get them on in less than a minute. Some care must be taken when putting them on not to pull too much on the seams, that the legs are not twisted, and that the legs are positioned just right, not too high on the ankle, not too low. Great care must be taken in being sure the crotch is not too tight or has too much space between the wearer and material, other wise you are in for a very uncomfortable wearing.

This morning I had decided to wear underwear in the form of fishnet tights. These added just that much more thickness to my legs. OMG. This made putting the pants on even more work. I think it took three minutes to put them on.

As I closed the zipper I thought to myself, most guys would not want to deal with this. This was a bit more work than putting on jeans and a t-shirt.

Even after getting them on, I still was not done. I needed to use the tips of my fingers lightly moistened with water, to drag the material to just the right position...where they will stay put for the whole day, until taken off. Positioned just right these are the most comfortable pair of "jeans" you can wear. But positioned wrong, they are nightmarish.

It is not just these pants, it is nearly every item of "feminine" clothing. Most of them take work to put on correctly and comfortably. Due to the tightness of most little or nothing is worn underneath...no baggy easy going boxers under these pants :)

So could laziness be a factor in what guys wear for daily wear opposed to what women wear?

I have a feeling it does.

Karren H
12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah!! Its just too easy to grab a blue pair of dockers! Blue shirt, blue sports coat, blue tie.. Black wingtips.... And go to work... I'm so lazy on a daily basis and would die if I had to dress up every day, makeup and different outfits that require thought process other than "its blue"...

NV Susan
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't know that it would always be "laziness"....sometimes even GG's need to dress in a rush and want loose fitting cloths. That said, I like you would rather take time and dress nicely.

Roberta Marie
12-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm always totally amazed at how my wife can spend an hour doing her make-up and dressing, and its as if it's a 5 minute duty. I asked her once, "Babe, how do you do this day in and day out? It would drive me bonkers!"

"Yes" she said, "It would. You're a man and you guys have the luxury of jumping out of the shower and jumping into boring clothes. WE women, on the other hand, LOVE to have everything just so, or our day is a shambles! Thankfully you have an idea of the amount of work and time it takes to do yourself up 'just so' and I'm so glad you do. Most men would 'bray at the bit', but that's why I love you so....you understand and don't complain when I take so long to get ready, and I DO have it down where I don't keep you waiting forever when we go out, yes?."

It's usually the opposite for my wife and me. From the time she steps out of bed until she is ready to walk out the front door is usually 30 minutes for my wife, 15 if she's in a rush. I need the better part of an hour under the best of conditions, and usually take an hour and a half to get ready in the morning, and that's for guy mode. 2 hours for girl mode.

Getting back to the original topic, I don't know if, for guys it's a lazy issue as much as it is a comfort issue. For most guys, baggy jeans and boxer shorts are just more comfortable. For me, I find girls jeans, or even more so a skirt, more comfortable. Maybe it's just a different kind of comfort.

I think women find fashion and looking good just as important as comfort. For guys, comfort is priority one.

Just my opinion.

Grace,
Bobbi

Pythos
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Wow Karen, that is a lot of one of my favorite colors...but too much. By the way, I despise Dockers. LOL

juligirl1984
12-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I want to walk around naked I'm that lazy. j/k. yes I totally agree with you, BUT I have had guy friends that TAKE FOREVER to get ready!!!!! Even my sisters BF takes longer than her to get ready to go out on the town.

Robyn B
12-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Very interesting question….I do not think that male laziness explains the huge (perhaps beyond huge) difference in the typical time for a male versus female to dress. Social norms are probably the primary driver….meaning I believe there are a large number of women (my SO included) who would love to just throw on baggy jean and a sweat shirt and run to the mall. The problem is the social pressure she is under since very few other women at the mall will be taking that approach. And heaven forbid if she sees someone she knows.

For a guy…well, it’s almost like we have a huge social conspiracy going (“hey, guys, let’s all dress sloppily on the weekend – if we all do it no one will notice! What a plan! Foolproof! Throw me a beer, will ya’”). There is little social pressure to go beyond the “norm”, and quite frankly the bar for “norm” for a guy is pretty low comparatively speaking between the sexes.

So, that begs the question if the different social norms are a function of inherent “laziness” of one sex versus the other. You could argue that, but turning the norm argument around, is a typical female “lazy” since she doesn’t know the difference between carburation and fuel injection on her vehicle?**

I actually believe the core difference in how women and men dress is at its root sexually driven. Female of a species usually has the task of ‘enhancing’ physical features (typically biological features, but our species has invented ‘accessories’!) for sexual purposes. So, while not everyone dresses specifically for sexual purposes every day, it has contributed to creating a “norm” for females to put more investment in dressing to enhance their features.

My 2 cents – and I couldn’t resist the opportunity to integrate the sociology and wildlife biology classes I took in college…In the same thread no less!

**Generalization I realize…I am sure there are plenty of women who are very auto literate…..suspect there are a few men who are women’s fashion literate as well, right? But not the “norm” per sociological definition (darn it!).

danielletorresani
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Laziness is the very reason that I don't crossdress these days. Someday my compulsion will again overcome my laziness, though.

Pythos
12-02-2010, 12:38 PM
On the same thread as the bra or garter belt fastening.

I just got into my catsuit for today. The zip is at the back. I take some pride in the fact I can reach around back and close the zipper with no assistance. LOL.

Most guys that even dare wear a catsuit wear it with the zip at the front. :)

Frédérique
12-02-2010, 06:00 PM
It is not just these pants, it is nearly every item of "feminine" clothing. Most of them take work to put on correctly and comfortably. Due to the tightness of most little or nothing is worn underneath...no baggy easy going boxers under these pants. So could laziness be a factor in what guys wear for daily wear opposed to what women wear? I have a feeling it does.

I can think of many instances where women are just as lazy in what they choose to wear – perhaps they get fed up with all this effort to get things just-so, for little or no reward. I’ve heard both sides of the issue from my girlfriends, either decrying the toil of presentation for benefit of males (and their societal expectations), or a tacit acceptance of “making an effort” for personal reasons. Neither camp understands why a male would wish to embrace this massive feminine undertaking, but that’s a topic for another thread, perhaps…

I’m familiar with this Spandex-wrangling you describe so eloquently in the OP, in fact I still harbor a certain fetishistic worship of Lycra-based garments, even though my passion has gone undercover these days. It does take effort to have the garments look (and feel) correct, but it’s well worth it, in my mind. I still get a thrill out of putting these tight beauties on, mainly because they are light years away from male clothes, both in fit and comfort. They force you to become aware of your body, and thus demand attention, right down to the slightest detail. Maybe you need to have some kind of innate pre-disposition for patience if you’re a MtF crossdresser, along with a willingness to put up with things that most males wouldn’t dream of bothering with…

Pythos
12-03-2010, 11:43 AM
LOL. I had never thought that term. "Spandex-Wrangling" I like it. It in two words describes one aspect of this wonderful and maligned material. I truly do love it though.