PDA

View Full Version : Got ma'am'd, again

Lissa Stevens
12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Was out at Best Buy and upon leaving I got a thanks for coming in ma'am. Woo Hoo. Was presenting about half and half. Light make up/no wig, clothes were mostly ambi except for shoes. I am under no illusions as to my femmeness but it still felt great.

StaceyJane
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I still love it ever time I get ma'amed.

Charleen
12-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Get ma'amed about a third of the time when I'm in drab!:) Guess I'm doing something right!

Donna June
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Good for you...I was pushing something that looked heavy at work , really wasn't that heavy though, and some guy from behind said "you are a strong woman" When he came around and saw me he said sorry. I said no problem, but was smiling inside.

KristinSkye
12-01-2010, 09:59 PM
hehe, good for you, especially considering you were 50/50! :)

I personally still loved getting ma'am'd although it doesn't happen often.

JohnH
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Some of you get "ma'am'd" whenever you are en homme [in drab]. That definitely does not happen to me under those circumstances.

Today I went outside wearing a long sleeve maxi-dress and saw what I thought was my neighbor cutting his grass. So I greeted him, and it turned out to be a hired hand. He called me "sir" which is definitely my preference.

I do not like to be "ma'am'd" much at all.

cobra6481
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I was ma'am'd at the checkout.. she didn't correct (nor did I want her to) when she handed me my change.. made me feel good.. although I don't think it was the med length hair or fem jeans that made her think so.. made my day anyways..

Rachel Morley
12-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep! ... "getting mam'ed" it still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and a smile on my face! :)

NathalieX66
12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
On another note, I was at a restaurant with one of our dear members in this board (AbigailF), and the waiter referred to us as "hey guys...."
But I think that being referred in this way is commonplace, even amongst women, so I really didn't take offense to it. We were both fully en femme. In the US, it's kind of street slang to refer to women as guys. (hey guys...what's up?)! It was a normal interaction.
In our case, the waiter was so full of himself, and his wonderful concoction of sangria that he served us ( he was a chain restaurant waiter, mind you) that he did not even notice us, or what our assigned birth gender was.

On even another note, I got "ma'amed" by the cashier at a local supermarket called Pathmark in NJ, while dressed up. The cashier didn't even seem fazed.