PDA

View Full Version : I got a very big surprise today

Billijo49504
12-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Several months ago, I posted that I got my hormone letter and that I wanted to have my regular Dr, set me up for hormones, even though he had no knowledge of those. I did my research, printed out a couple books and reference material, for him. Well, I appariently did my homework good enough. Cuz today I walked out of his office with a script for estrgen and spiro. Three months worth and 3 refills. So I have been walking on clouds, since I got out of there. He did a bunch of blood tests on me. So we shall see what Wall Mart has for me in a day or two....Billijo

Faith_G
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Congratulations! :hugs:

Kathryn Martin
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
That is so wonderful. I remember a month ago when it happened to me and how exhilarating it was. All the best

tommietv
12-01-2010, 07:20 PM
congrats!!!! Hope to have mine after the 1st of the year
Tommie

Jorja
12-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Congratulations! That is a special feeling indeed. Lets see if your still so happy in a few months when your nipples are so sore that even lightly blowing across one makes you cry. :D

Melody Moore
12-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Congratulation Billijo, I remember when this drama all started and you were having hassles with getting your therapist to even write a referral letter to your doctor to prescribe you hormones. Its good to see that all your hard-work & perseverance has finally paid off & now you can finally start your journey with more peace of mind. So welcome to the world of womanhood and all the joys (and the tears) it will bring to you. :)

Sharon
12-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Very cool, Billijo, and congratulations!:)

Billijo49504
12-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Now the best part, I go see a endocrinologist at the VA, next Tuesday. I would rather use the patch, but my insurance won't pay for that, so I settled for the pills, from my outside Dr. But if I can get the endocrinologist offers the patch, I'll jump on it. And yes Melody, even when it seems like the journey will never end, if you keep trying, sometime you get lucky. And because my therapist wanted me to do the trans group, we now have a group here, that I facilatate. And we are going to get a mini grant, of a thousand dollars, to help promote our group. So my journey actually has helped the trans community here..Billijo

Traci Elizabeth
12-02-2010, 09:31 AM
WOW! Billijo, you are really moving along. Congrats! Stay positive and upbeat as it is highly contagious.