PDA

View Full Version : sister in ballet

klinger
08-20-2004, 09:23 PM
I wonder how many other people had the opportunity to wear a sister's ballet leotard, tights, skirt, shoes, when growing up. There maybe some in the forum who still have this option.
I remember these were my favorite, and I wore them so often that I would forget the order they were to be replaced in.

-Belinda

odelay
08-20-2004, 09:26 PM
That's another item I need to place on my 'to-wear' list. Darn. Someone loan me their sister?

klinger
08-21-2004, 12:12 AM
I just can't think of anything more femme than a ballerina.
Definitely on my 'to-wear' list!

-Belinda

emma
08-21-2004, 12:09 PM
As a kid, I got started wearing leotards and tights. Remember how popular red knit tights were back in the early 80's.

It's neat to see some of that come back these days.

Emma

ChristineRenee
08-21-2004, 12:23 PM
I have a pink ballerina outfit including tutu. The ultimate feminine attire along side a wedding dress, IMO. Oh....and I have one of those too!

Yeah....I've been crossdressing a long, long time ladies!

xoxoxoxoxo,

Christine

Amanda Y
08-21-2004, 05:06 PM
I didnt have a sister who did ballet but was fortunate enough that she was a baton twirler and did dancing as well so I was able to "borrow" her costumes!
:D

LacyPJs
08-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Ever since the aerobic dance craze died off, you can't seem to find leo's & tights like you used to... used to be plenty of colors and plenty of sizes too! : )

LacyPJs

Shelley CD
08-22-2004, 03:15 AM
I,ve been wearing leotards for years and think they are great and so feminine.
I like the gymnastic ones the best so sparkly and colourful.

Shelley

crispy
09-01-2004, 04:04 AM
anybody know where I can buy a nylon lycra skating dress (leotard with mid length floaty skirt attached)?

None of the UK suppliers seem to list XXL sizes.

klinger
09-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Yes, I'm sure Thelma at Wearmoi dancewear would be happy to make you a custom skirt or dress. I recently made a purchase from them, and they are very CD friendly.
They are located in the UK. I think the website is www.auroradancewear.com.uk

Girl.Faye
09-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Yes, I'm sure Thelma at Wearmoi dancewear would be happy to make you a custom skirt or dress. I recently made a purchase from them, and they are very CD friendly.
They are located in the UK. I think the website is www.auroradancewear.com.uk

www.auroradancewear.co.uk

Fixed link.

AmyH
09-04-2004, 07:32 PM
wearing my sisters dance outfit when I was 8; guess she got me hooked. If I remember if was a purple tutu, a red and purple skirt, pantyhose, and purple leg warmers. BTW she forced me to wear it, she was my older sister; her and her friends gave me a makeover that day. That was in 1982 and have not stopped since, even after getting caught a few times.

klinger
09-04-2004, 09:16 PM
oops! Thanks for the fix Faye. :)

crispy
09-04-2004, 10:26 PM
and thanks for the link.

They offer to make ladies garments in men's sizes. CD friendly or what? I have enquired about a long sleeved skate dress in shiny nylon lycra. I'll let you know how I get on.

take care,

klinger
09-05-2004, 07:15 AM
That sounds exciting! Do let us know how you go with it. By the way, did you order any girls tights along with the dress? Oh, and do tell us what color it is.

klinger
09-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Amy H I wonder if you got caught by your sister or mother(you say you were "caught a few times"). Were you caught wearing your sisters ballet dancing clothes, or her daily clothing? If you were in some sort of forced dressing up situation from your first experience, how would a mother or sister handle you after catching you doing it on your own? Maybe sign you up for ballet classes with your sister and make you wear the clothes that you were caught in. Just a thought.

-Belinda

joannablake
09-05-2004, 08:38 AM
I was an only child growing up so I never had a sister to borrow things from but I had quit a few cousins that were girls which now know that I am a crossdresser and support me 100%. They always wondered why they ended up missing stuff lol.

Love Always
Joanna

AmyH
09-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Amy H I wonder if you got caught by your sister or mother(you say you were "caught a few times"). Were you caught wearing your sisters ballet dancing clothes, or her daily clothing? If you were in some sort of forced dressing up situation from your first experience, how would a mother or sister handle you after catching you doing it on your own? Maybe sign you up for ballet classes with your sister and make you wear the clothes that you were caught in. Just a thought.

-Belinda
I was 8 for my first CD experience which was forced. I did not get caught until was 11 or 12; my sister and I were the same size including shoes. When I did get caught I got yelled at and grounded, like that did any good. Because I would be stuck at home all alone for hours after school. Plenty of time to snoop around.

john walsh
09-05-2004, 06:45 PM
I must say I am extremely jealous! I used to have to steal tights from friend's mothers. What a rush that was! Did you actually get caught in a full ballet outfit?
kindest regards,

Elviatights

mchelle
09-06-2004, 06:42 AM
dressed up.......lucky you
i did find a leotard someone had forgotten in a bag once..mmmm
mayb someday ill have one again.
so why does the UK have those crossdressing places? i need to find some

LacyPJs
10-21-2004, 07:57 PM
anybody know where I can buy a nylon lycra skating dress (leotard with mid length floaty skirt attached)?

None of the UK suppliers seem to list XXL sizes.

Take a look at...

http://www.riversedgedancewear.com/womplussizda.html

Can't say anything about them though...

LacyPJs

Jerry
10-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh, yeah. I had my Olivia Newton John "Physical" period. I loved dancing around the house in my tights and leg warmers!!! I still love my women's running shoes. (Anyone getting my obsession yet?).
Love to all.

jade lee
10-22-2004, 05:51 AM
tights and a body suit, some time with nylons over the tights

black leotards
10-23-2004, 08:04 AM
I used to wear leotards and tights at home that I collected over the years, but much later I took ballet classes. Of course, I couldn't wear a pink leotard and pink tights :( , but I could wear tights in public and would sometimes wear a leotard instead of a T-shirt! :rolleyes: . Ah, the good old days!

Jenna1561
10-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Ah yes, my first experience was indeed wearing my sister's ballet clothing. Loved it at the time (never caught-the result of a meticulous and compulsive mind, I guess), but haven't had that fantasy in decades. Something new to "dream" about.