PDA

View Full Version : full time for a week

Lisa Scott
09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
I just wondered if anyone had tried going completely fulltime for 1 week, to see how they really felt about the possibilty of a full time role as a female, and maybe help answer some questions you have about yourself..?

Do you think this is a good idea...?

Any suggestions on things to do to make it more of a mini Real Life Experience...?

would love to hear your thoughts...

Lisa x

Joanna
09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
try it, whats the worst that can happen ?????

perhaps there is a SO involved?

but just try it and see how you feel.

Joanna

Tristen Cox
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Sounds good to me but more of around the house would be best. I'm not passable and I wouldn't feel very comfortable out in this environment. Guess this doesn't count then but I can dream.. :(

Jeanette TS
09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi what a good idear i have done 4 days and i loved it but.I would have to move to Manchester for that week as i can't go out in my home town yet.As i am still at home with my wife and children at the moment.
I am moving out very sortly to start my new life.So i will be going full time soon. :)

Lov Jeanette

Rachel_740
09-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Lisa,

That's a great idea in principle. I'm sure a lot of the girls here would love to do that.

Unfortunately, I don't think very many would be able to see it through, for a variety of obvious and practical reasons.

Anne

JocelynG
09-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I would love to try it for a week if my wife approved. With how you look I think you could pull it off inside or out. I wish you luck.Let us know if you do it and how the experience was

Sherlyn
09-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Lisa ...I have gone 5 days ...loved it more each day ...biggest problem I had was the 6th day DRAB AGAIN twas hard too go back :( ALSO ANOTHER THING least for me was the shaving everyday ....ugh my face did not like it ..i usually shave every other day ...but every 24 hrs was ouch !!!

BeckyCath
09-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Lisa...

I've not yet managed a full week, but i just know i'm in the right frame of mind to go full time. The 2nd time i went out was Oct last year, and that was also the 1st time out in daylight for me, I spent the weekend (fri-Sun) in girl mode, and knew it was right. I've managed a few weekends here and there since, and i find it harder and harder to put "him" back on!

Things to do as a mini RLT? ummm... it'd be hard to cram loads of things into a week, shopping instantly springs to mind. How about going round the supermarket? I did that with my eldest son on Saturday gone, and got a total none-reaction.

Go to your own branch of the bank?

Rent a dvd from the local blockbuster?...

Get a kebab from "his" favourite kebab house (i did that in June, "He's" quite well known in there, went there as the real me, no reaction.

Take your car for a service... I had to pick my car up from my mechanic the day i had my initial psychiatric assesment for NHS referal, and ended up going as her, the mechanic still talks to me ;)

it's the day to day stuff that you think nothing of that are most important to get over, The nerves are always gonna be there, but they get easier as you expand your horizons, go at your pace, do it your way!

Just wake up each morning, if you're at home, and think "what can i do today?" if that's going to homebase for some paint... then go to homebase for some paint!

After all, half the world's population goes out dressed as women each day, it's not exactly too unusual is it?

Does this help?

Rebecca

Rachel_740
09-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Take your car for a service... I had to pick my car up from my mechanic the day i had my initial psychiatric assesment for NHS referal, and ended up going as her, the mechanic still talks to me ;)

I did something like that last year before I transitioned. 'He' went to the dealer and bought a new car off the sales guy - it was his first week at the dealership. When I went to collect it - 'I' went (en-femme). The sales guy showed no reaction what-so-ever!

Anne

MarieTS
09-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Lisa: if you have the time and/or are considering transitioning, then by all means do it. Look it as a mini-Real Life Test! That's what I did. I took a weekend and then another fulll week for a total of 9 days. I treated it as a vacation. I went to another locale a good distance from home so I wouldn't have to worry about "running into anyone." That made me less fearful of being "made" and more confident of stepping out, which I finally did around day 3 or 4.

Initially I was very nervous, but after a couple of days I felt so natural that I knew I was doing the right thing. I first started out by going to a movie (nice dark place) and gradually expanded my activities to shopping, dining, sightseeing, etc. Before long I actually felt only a glimmer of fear and much more natural then I did in drab-- guess that was because I had become the person I was supposed to have been all along.

I think the scariest thing was going to the hot tub. I went close to closing around 10:30. I peeked through the door and low and behold it was empty. I just sat in there in my bathing suit, wig, etc. for 10-15 glorious minutes. As I was leaving in my wrap, a couple came through the door and the guy smiled devilishly and said "How's the water?" I just smiled back and lightly replied "very warm" as I slipped out the door. Looking back through the window I could tell they hadn't made me. That was such an ego boost.

Yes, hotel and meals were costly, but far less so than the mysery of not knowing if I could do it or if I should do it. And as I said before, its a great prelude to a Real Life Test. My only problem was departure day. I couldn't bring myself to revert back to being him. It was tearful. So, reluctantly I checked-out totally enfemme. That took some real gumption at the front desk, but because things were so busy in the lobby it never resulted in so much as a stare from the staff.

I comfortably travelled back home that way, arriving after dark and spending my last night at home enfemme prior to returning to the nightmare of work the next day as "him". I'm sure every TS can relate to my situation.

The gals in some of the previous posts brought up some very good points. Becky's comment about shaving was a good one. Make sure you shave close, but carefully -- you don't want the complication of having to overdo concealer in order to mask facial nicks (lol). But that shouldn't even be an issue if you dress regularly.

The most important point is to develop confidence and enjoy the rare opportunity to be the real "you". It may lead you to make the best decision of your life.

cdgirl
09-15-2005, 06:12 AM
hi lisa i wish i could dress for a day but with my situation i can't.but if i could do a whole week i would love it each morning sipping my coffee in my lingerie and heels.walk around the house do what ever i wanted .i would surely love it .but this will never happen.not a day or a week.those who can enjoy your fem vacation for a week go for it i wish i was going with you .
Lisa: if you have the time and/or are considering transitioning, then by all means do it. Look it as a mini-Real Life Test! That's what I did. I took a weekend and then another fulll week for a total of 9 days. I treated it as a vacation. I went to another locale a good distance from home so I wouldn't have to worry about "running into anyone." That made me less fearful of being "made" and more confident of stepping out, which I finally did around day 3 or 4.

Initially I was very nervous, but after a couple of days I felt so natural that I knew I was doing the right thing. I first started out by going to a movie (nice dark place) and gradually expanded my activities to shopping, dining, sightseeing, etc. Before long I actually felt only a glimmer of fear and much more natural then I did in drab-- guess that was because I had become the person I was supposed to have been all along.

I think the scariest thing was going to the hot tub. I went close to closing around 10:30. I peeked through the door and low and behold it was empty. I just sat in there in my bathing suit, wig, etc. for 10-15 glorious minutes. As I was leaving in my wrap, a couple came through the door and the guy smiled devilishly and said "How's the water?" I just smiled back and lightly replied "very warm" as I slipped out the door. Looking back through the window I could tell they hadn't made me. That was such an ego boost.

Yes, hotel and meals were costly, but far less so than the mysery of not knowing if I could do it or if I should do it. And as I said before, its a great prelude to a Real Life Test. My only problem was departure day. I couldn't bring myself to revert back to being him. It was tearful. So, reluctantly I checked-out totally enfemme. That took some real gumption at the front desk, but because things were so busy in the lobby it never resulted in so much as a stare from the staff.

I comfortably travelled back home that way, arriving after dark and spending my last night at home enfemme prior to returning to the nightmare of work the next day as "him". I'm sure every TS can relate to my situation.

The gals in some of the previous posts brought up some very good points. Becky's comment about shaving was a good one. Make sure you shave close, but carefully -- you don't want the complication of having to overdo concealer in order to mask facial nicks (lol). But that shouldn't even be an issue if you dress regularly.

The most important point is to develop confidence and enjoy the rare opportunity to be the real "you". It may lead you to make the best decision of your life.

Lisa Scott
09-15-2005, 12:09 PM
well, after much deliberation I decided next week will be the week...

I have a few ideas of places to go and things to do, and will be meeting up with friends and my gorgeous SO during the week.

I guess now its going to happen its a little daunting, and Im wondering if I can really do it, and what it will be like if I do.

I will try to post something each night about where I have been and what I got upto.

huggs
Lisa

Stephenie
09-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Lisa, Good for you! With the support of your SO you should really enjoy your time as yourself. I will be looking forward to your nightly posts. Maybe someday I will be able to do something like this.

Remember we're all pulling for you and wishing it was us.

cdgirl
09-15-2005, 05:25 PM
lisa those who are lucky to do so and your s o approves and supports you.go for it girlfriend.enjoy everyday of it.and let your hair down and enjoy yourself.

MelissaM
09-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Five bucks says that after 7 days you'd be 'cured' LOL I think it's a lot more work than anyone thinks. BUT. Full time. No being a guy for a minute. Break a nail hanging a picture, tough! ;) Gotta mow the lawn? Pull your hair back and get it done. I dunno - I'd be really interested in seeing if there was a CD that could actually do everything and not ONCE revert to being a guy. This includes dressing for work, evenings out, chores, all of it. Hmmm... vewy vewy intewesting.

Lisa Golightly
09-16-2005, 07:59 AM
I dunno - I'd be really interested in seeing if there was a CD that could actually do everything and not ONCE revert to being a guy. This includes dressing for work, evenings out, chores, all of it. Hmmm... vewy vewy intewesting.

Hello :) ;)

Tristen Cox
09-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Five bucks says that after 7 days you'd be 'cured' LOL I think it's a lot more work than anyone thinks. BUT. Full time. No being a guy for a minute. Break a nail hanging a picture, tough! ;) Gotta mow the lawn? Pull your hair back and get it done. I dunno - I'd be really interested in seeing if there was a CD that could actually do everything and not ONCE revert to being a guy. This includes dressing for work, evenings out, chores, all of it. Hmmm... vewy vewy intewesting.
What's worse is hair removal etc..things we guys have to do to manage the image. Lot more than just being a woman, but maintaining it. ;)

Bianca
09-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Well I accidentally just completed a week full time - mind u Im not working. But it did include a trip to GP 2 trips to chemist, shoping for clothes , food and shoes, one resturant meal and ordering a takeaway in a chinese all accomplished without any grief :)

XXX Bianca

Rachel_740
09-17-2005, 11:04 AM
I just wondered if anyone had tried going completely fulltime for 1 week, to see how they really felt about the possibilty of a full time role as a female, and maybe help answer some questions you have about yourself..?

Any suggestions on things to do to make it more of a mini Real Life Experience...?

Lisa x

I've done 256 days now and as I'm sure you know by now, I'm NOT going back :thumbsup:

Anne

karen fox
09-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Lisa, you look gorgeous and would have no trouble outside of four walls.
The girls like me can only dream. But you never know, my wife has decided to separate because can no longer put up with my dressing and says she doesn't want it her life anymore. I don't want to loose her so I have just got rid of all my clothes. I am going to try it because I love her, but I think I will be dicing with death if I dress in any of her clothes.
Anyway, you do it girl, for me aswell!!

Dimosking
09-17-2005, 05:18 PM
When my wife went away for a week on business, I dressed up for a week. I dressed up for around the house, and only twice I dressed up to go cruising around town, thru the highways. Traffic was jammed up and a tractor trailer was next to me, and the only thing I was wearing was a "short shorts" with thigh high stockings and a halter top. That was a complete turn-on for me, that I had to do it the following day.

Lisa X
09-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I stayed en fem for 4 days on a trip to Las Vegas with the Diva Las Vegas group. It was great. I had my nails(fingers and toes) done the first day and that made me commit to staying en fem. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I was read a few times when I was out and about, but majority of the time had absolutely no problems doing the things tourist do at Vegas.
After a couple of days en fem, the rush of dressing was replaced with calmness and contentment.
When the trip was over, I was very sad that I had to take off the nail polish and cut my nails back. However, I was really happy to see the kids and my wife. My family will always come first, and CD for me will be a life long "hobby".

Take care
Lisa

celeste26
09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Going to the any of the "conventions" around the country where hundreds of CD/TV people are around would be a natural extension of this thread. They're a good incentive to keep dressed en femme offer plenty of support and they usually have lots to do and learn while en femme. In the NorthWest here it is called "Esprit" in the spring usually April or May and I would encourage any one that wants that long term experience to go to one of these places.

VickySTG
11-21-2005, 08:07 PM

Lisa x
Full time is not just makeup high heels and stockings. The general public sees me as female. 98% of the time it hello mam hi ladies. Even in my shop first timers see me as female. Some time they realize most of they time they don't.
I live and work in tennis shoes shorts and a top. I have no male clothing. My hair is dyed dark red with a bit of purply red highlight. I live and work with nails (acrylic and polished pink frost most of the time) longer than my wife's.
It was not male look one day and female the next, it happened over years.

jackie66
11-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Twice a year,- MAY and OCTOBER, there is an event held that allows a full week of crossdressing....(7 days) It is the new kentisbury week, held at st audries holiday club. St Audries is a holiday camp, taken over for a week and filled with TG folk. I have been several times, and enjoyed every minute.
However, its surprising how exhausing all this can be. Quite a few say that after 5 days, they have had their fill of dressing femme for the timebeing, but are booked in for the next time.
St Audries is in somerset just near minehead---

Kate
11-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Things do not have to be quite so black and white, you know. :)

I have been progressivly feminising my behaviour and appearance over the last few weeks (I've never really been able to "switch") and recently I have been wearing girl's clothes to work etc - but only those who know me notice since it is stuff like trainers, jeans and jumpers. The idea of trying to behave more manly is... abhorrant. I guess most people who don't know me jsut think I'm a bit gay.

Personally I feel that a mini-RLT (in the full-on woman's clothes thing) is only important if you feel you need to test whether you can cope with wandering around getting stared at by people who are thinking "Freak!". If you are going to have trouble passing and/or can't get FFS then you will need a lot of inner-strength (something I lack) and you should perhaps test your resolve.

Otherwise, who cares? You should not need to sling on a dress in order to be the woman you really are! That should be there already - regardless of outward appearance.

Clothes do not maketh the woman ;)

Kate.

Maria D
11-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi :)

I am also very feminine in everyday life, and don't find this a problem. I've not yet had a comment made by a stranger, but people at work were fascinated by the 'man wearing coloured nail varnish'. I just explained that I wanted to, and I liked it. When it was suggested that varnish was 'girly', I just agreed that it was, and said thank you. The fact I showed confidence and no guilt seemed to really off-balance people.

In terms of a 'mini real life test', it's not the 'every day life' that would be an issue, that's the easy bit. To me, the hard bit of a 'real life test' would be the family's reaction. I don't care about strangers, that's how I can ignore their opinions, but I do care about family and friends. And if you aren't out to everyone for the test, family, work and all, it's not really a test. And therein lies the tricky bit. Once out, you can't in yourself later.
I suppose the answer is to be very sure of your destination before moving, which kind of answers the 'questions about yourself' beforehand.

Um, not sure if that made sense lol, I'll try again. I think that the RLT is more an answer to the question than a way of providing the answer.
Of course, I'm probably talking rubbish, and everyone is an individual anyway, so I suppose whatever works for each person has to be the right way. :)

Take care
Maria

Julie
11-23-2005, 06:08 PM
In a sense I've gone more than a week but not to the degree I do when I go out dressed. By that I mean I wear much the same clothes you might find a GG wearing around the house. However if I have to go shopping or do anything that will put me in public I still look pretty much like a guy. Today I went grocery shopping with my nails long and polished but I wore gloves. I just didn't feel like being a spectacle.

The biggest problem I have with going for days on end is hair. Once I've rid my body of the male hair I think it will be a lot easier to stay en femme for extended periods.

Lacamas
11-25-2005, 12:31 AM
I have been going out dress fulltime for 20 days now.

It has been wonderfull.

Now lets see about the other 100years