PDA

View Full Version : First steps out

gwenbeth
12-04-2010, 01:48 AM
So far all my appointments with my therapist have been guy mode, but my therapist had wanted me to come as Gwen to today's appointment. Since I have a limited wardrobe, I only showed up underdressed. But I put that grumpy sloppy guy aside for an hour and Gwen had the floor for the whole session. It was hard, but also wonderful. For all these years, this part of me had been something that was hidden away, but today was really my first steps out as Gwen.

StaceyJane
12-04-2010, 09:10 AM
That is such an important step. Now you need to put together a nice outfit to show off to your therapist.

I have to admit I'm quite guilty of showing off new outfits to my therapist at my appointments.

Lexine
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Congratulations! Keep making those steps! And shop for more stuff :)

shannontgcd
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Thats a huge step. congrats. everything should come easier know.

juligirl1984
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
sorry to ask, but what was the purpose of doing that? did he want you to be like gwene the WHOLE time? or was it just a way for him/her to understand you better maybe? sorry I'm curious since I'm starting to seek help also...

renee k
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
sorry to ask, but what was the purpose of doing that? did he want you to be like gwene the WHOLE time? or was it just a way for him/her to understand you better maybe? sorry I'm curious since I'm starting to seek help also...

I went to my first therapist dressed, and intend to go to all future appointments as myself if you will. I spend 90% of my off time enfemme. So going to see the therapist as who I feel I am is just a natural thing to do.

Renee

gwenbeth
12-05-2010, 10:06 PM

The whole session that day was just for Gwen. And afterwards my therapist decided that Fridays are for Gwen and Teusdays are for guy-mode. It has taken 6 weeks just to get to the point where I could be Gwen in front of someone. I don't that this was just for my therapist to understand me better, but also for me to understand myself better.

And Lexine and StacyJane, you are right that I need to go shopping.