PDA

View Full Version : I Spoke With Your Wife . . .

Persephone
12-04-2010, 02:46 AM
About three weeks ago my spouse and I were having lunch when the doorbell rang. We'd been out shopping and I was en femme.

I went to the door and opened it. It was the local real estate agent asking if we had considered selling our house.

Since we are considering exactly that, he and I chatted about how our house would be available soon, but that we had some work to do on it first. He gave me his card and we left it at that.

Today I happened to be en drab in pajamas when the doorbell rang again. Yep, it was him.

He said, "Hi! I spoke with your wife a couple of weeks ago and she told me you were interested in selling your home. Are you ready to put it on the market yet?"

Chickhe
12-04-2010, 03:39 AM
...just make sure your real wife doesn't introduce herself as your wife! Could get really confusing.

jjjjohanne
12-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Wow, did you know you passed so well? Either you present very well, or that is the MOST savvy real estate agent on Earth! If that agent knew how flattering it would be to say that to you, they could have you wrapped so tightly around their finger that they could go ahead and start spending that 3%!

Karren H
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
...just make sure your real wife doesn't introduce herself as your wife! Could get really confusing.

Just say she was a "sister wife" and your Mormon! Lol

Madilyn A.
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
And there is the possibility, the real estate agent is a CDer or fan and looking for more than just a listing !! It does sound like better than expected service and more individualized attention !!! You surely got his attention, let us know how you make out !!:heehee:

eluuzion
12-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Sounds like a great pilot for a new reality show series, call Hollywood! :D

Wait, scratch that idea...you'll need an agent !

Call me instead, I need a "real" job...:D
:love:

linda allen
12-04-2010, 09:19 AM
That was cool. I'm guessing you passed. The agent sees dozens of people each day and probably isn't concerned so much with appearance as with getting leads. Anyway, it was cool and good for you.

linnea
12-04-2010, 09:31 AM
What fun!

Persephone
12-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Wow, did you know you passed so well?

Thanks! :)

I like to believe that I do pass that well! I spend a lot of time "out in the real world" en femme and very rarely receive any sort of critical look, even in some very definite "women only" settings.

My biggest fear has always been that my voice will give me away and, while I still can't seem to pass very well on the phone, it seems to work fine in face-to-face situations.

jjjjohanne
12-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Did Ray Stevens ever write a song about you called, "I'm my own wife"?

Persephone
12-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Did Ray Stevens ever write a song about you called, "I'm my own wife"?

All sorts of interesting possibilities with that one! Actually, I've spent the past 15 years doing the homemaker part of being a wife while my spouse worked in industry. I was the one who did the carpools, volunteered at our child's school, made dinner, etc.

Now my spouse has suddenly retired and we are trying to figure out who should be the wife - at least in the kitchen and the laundry room.

There is a play titled "I Am My Own Wife." It won a Tony in 2004, and apparently it isn't a comedy. It is about Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, an extremely controversial transgendered German woman who, as a youth, built up her collection of feminine items by clearing out the apartments of deported Jews.

Michelle 51
12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
unless you look more femme than most of us he's probaly saying "poor guy"

Frédérique
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
"Hi! I spoke with your wife a couple of weeks ago…”

You know what they say – the longer you’re married the more you begin to look like yourself...:thinking:

Persephone
12-07-2010, 04:11 AM
unless you look more femme than most of us he's probaly saying "poor guy"

The proof may be in the pudding, Michelle. I live in girl world much of the time and seem to do just fine.

Kathi Lake
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I would have replied something like, "Yeah, I love that woman. She's cute, isn't she?"

;)

Kathi