PDA

View Full Version : Replace your carpet with a hard floor. Can you guess why?

suzy1
12-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Did you guess?
Walking on carpet in heels is no fun. But on a hard floor you get that sort of clack clack or click click sound I find so sexy.
I replaced my carpet in my lounge with a hard wood floor because I think it looks good. Then, when I walked on it in my 4” stilettos I found an even better reason to go for a hard floor.
I have just walked over to my P.C. to type this in my heels, heaven!

Have fun, SUZY

Tallulah Rose
12-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I started a kinda similar thread earlier today. I totally get what you are saying, Suzy! Great to know you love the sound too. Isn't it just fabulous? :)

Tina L.
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I also love the sound of heels on hardwood.

suzy1
12-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Just found out 20sGirl has done a post almost the same as this one. But added a good tip [excuse the pun] have a look see.

SUZY

Tallulah Rose
12-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh, I could talk about this stuff all day. Just glad you think alike, Suzy! :)

Marilyn Beck
12-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Another reason to avoid carpet is because it records evidence of CDing. We recarpeted our house a few months ago. The new carpet retains very distinct heel marks from my high-heeled shoes. After CDing at home, I usually spend several minutes smoothing out the surface of the carpet, either by hand or by vacuuming.

Rebecca Sue
12-04-2010, 01:54 PM
That's why when I'm wearing heels I spend most of the time in the kitchen. I'll walk from one end to the other and back again. I never get tired of hearing that sound.

Karren H
12-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I was going to say carpet burns on various body parts but if you want to tell everyone its high heel related then that's fine too! Wink wink. :D

Jilmac
12-04-2010, 02:18 PM
When my wife was still part of this world we tore out all the cheap beige carpeting that was laid by the builder and replaced it with hardwood flooring throughout. I love hearing the click-clack of my heels whenever I walk through the house.

Rebecca Sue
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I was going to say carpet burns on various body parts but if you want to tell everyone its high heel related then that's fine too! Wink wink. :D

That reminds me of the old John Prine song 'Iron Ore Betty'

.....I've got rug burns on my elbows
she's got 'em on her knees
yeah, I'm going steady with Iron Ore Betty
and she's going steady with me

Alice B
12-04-2010, 02:52 PM
We have hard wood floors and yes the sound is nice. But, you have to be careful not to leave marks or indents in the floor from your heels.

NikiMichelle
12-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Like Marilyn, I too go around after time in my heels to "cover my tacks" on our carpet...we have tile elsewhere in the house and earlier this year we ripped out the lino in our bathrooms and put tile in there too...that was great because prior to that a trip to the little boys/girls room meant removeing the heels in order to not put permanent dents in the lino...I am free to click away now!

Marilyn Beck
12-04-2010, 03:41 PM
The clicking of my heels on our hardwood floor is music to my ears. But I tend to pace around while I talk on the phone, so I need to be careful about how it might sound to the caller.

Marissa
12-04-2010, 03:58 PM
The clicking of my heels on our hardwood floor is music to my ears. But I tend to pace around while I talk on the phone, so I need to be careful about how it might sound to the caller.

Oh that is sooo familiar :) I had spent about year and half teasing a female friend of mine, who lives out of state, about 'boys night out' with a splash of shopping for things to wear. I had been teasing her on being gay and into the latest trends, things she didn't expect of me. It was not meant to offend, I was just teasing but in reality I had begun dressing more and more. Our chats began leaning more to dressing and fem shopping.

Anyway, I had been on the phone with her a few times while wearing heels and doing my best to not let her hear my heels on the hard ceramic floor. But in time it was frustrating and I just let her know I was wearing heels. I decided to be open with her about my dressing and she was ok with it all..so now I'm free to be on the phone and walk about :)

t-girlxsophie
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh! yeah Its an awesome sound,can only make that sound in my kitchen though as flat carpetted throughout,when my wife and I were talking on the phone before we met,she loved hearing me make that sound clicking my heels:)

:hugs:Sophie

sherri
12-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I love the sound too, but in really tall heels (5" +), I find it easier to walk on carpet than on hard floors. It hurts too much to walk on hard surfaces.

Rebecca Sue, it's awesome to think that someone on the Volga river is listening to John Prine.

Maria 60
12-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I also love the sound of heels on the hardwood floor. I am attached to the house next door and i was home alone walking on the hardwood floor. When i went out later in the day, the lady next door looked at me funny when i told her my wife was not home all day.

Audrey34
12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Can't do that in my building. I live in an old apartment building and the sound of high heels would carry to the people downstairs. Not a good thing, especially at night!. So I definitely need to keep my floors carpeted!
-Audrey

L0vleyme
12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
i'll agree with the awesomness of hardwood, and my house has quite a few pock marks from heels. The hardwood is orininal to 1923, so the marks have been around for a while, and new ones can't be blamed to me!

Loni
12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
alas the rental i have is carpeted..all rooms including the kitchen. only non carpet is the 3ft square in front of the front door.
it would be fabulous to have hard wood flooring here. (not a slab house).

JohnH
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
If you have ivory carpet and a huge Labrador retriever the carpet gets stained. If I get more money I will replace all that light carpet with hardwood floors. I'm also looking forward toward getting more stiletto shoes - I love the feel of heels along with hose and a dress. My wife does not appreciate any of those items.

Heather_Marie
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I love that sound.

eluuzion
12-05-2010, 03:15 AM
All of my upstairs bedrooms and my office have hardwood floors. It's great.

But I did discover one drawback this summer. My office is on the second floor on the backside of my house. It has a slider door that opens outside to the sundeck. My office is on the end of the house, so my neighbors' backyard is within "listening range" when the circumstances are right. They got a new "Kickmee" this summer (ok, it is called a Daukshound) (I know, I can't spell it right, but I still hate it, lol).

Anyway, it barks non-stop at any sound or movement. I figured out that it could hear the clicking of my heels on the floor when it is out in their yard, which sets off another round of obnoxious barking...:Angry3:

Where the heck are those coyotes when ya' need em'?...

...it's always something, eh? :heehee:

:love:

Diane Smith
12-05-2010, 03:53 AM
If you have ivory carpet and a huge Labrador retriever the carpet gets stained. If I get more money I will replace all that light carpet with hardwood floors. I'm also looking forward toward getting more stiletto shoes - I love the feel of heels along with hose and a dress. My wife does not appreciate any of those items.

She hates Labrador retrievers? That's unforgiveable! :)

I've had three Labs or mixes in the last 37 years ... love 'em to death.

- Diane

Kate Simmons
12-05-2010, 06:25 AM
The real trick is to do the "Moonwalk" in heels on a hard wood floor Suzy.:heehee::)

Lee Andrews
12-05-2010, 08:49 AM
We have hard wood floors and yes the sound is nice. But, you have to be careful not to leave marks or indents in the floor from your heels.

I was thinking the same thing. I've seen some 'Hardwood Floors' that were not so hard.

suzy1
12-05-2010, 09:32 AM
The real trick is to do the "Moonwalk" in heels on a hard wood floor Suzy.:heehee::)

I will give that a try Denise.
Then when I come out of hospital I will let you know how it went.

NicoleScott
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm one of those "higher is better" high heel lovers. But there is a limit on heel height without platforms, So I bought platforms, with higher heels. One pair, with eight inch heels and four inch platforms, were quite "walkable", since the net height was only 4-1/2 inches. Walkable, that is, on hard floors. On plush carpet with a thick soft pad, they were dangerously unstable, side to side. I ended up on the floor twice, and could have really hurt myself. I finally learned what caused me to fall, the soft floor. I still wore them on hard floors with no problem. Beware.

Miss Misery
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM

That's part of the deal with my wife. CDing but no heels on the hardwood. Hey, our house is almost all hardwood (and some cork - probably worse for marking) and I only have stilletos. So, I walk around the deck.