PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your legs when driving?

AlexisWest
12-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I have began to pay closer attention to my manerism even en drab. Case in point is how my legs fall/lay on the car seat when I'm driving. While in boi mode I find that my legs kind of lay open and think that if I were wearing a dress it would look rather un lady like. I do drive while en femme and am very careful of how I sit while driving or as a passenger. Any thoughts?

JohnH
12-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Whenever I wear an unbifurcated garment (skirt or dress) that is knee high I instinctively keep my legs together whenever I sit. I don't even have to think about it.

Fran Moore
12-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Legs together, heels off and hands at the "10 and 2" position. But then, I AM trying to look and act like a woman even when driving (if dressed):).

Oh, and occasionally I will move the rear view mirror to check my makeup!

Jay Cee
12-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm thinking that whatever is the safest way to drive is what would have priority. As long as you have your feet on the pedals, or in very close proximity to them, then that's what matters.

thechic
12-05-2010, 12:32 AM
always legs together and heals off

JOJO44
12-05-2010, 12:45 AM
I have began to pay closer attention to my manerism even en drab. Case in point is how my legs fall/lay on the car seat when I'm driving. While in boi mode I find that my legs kind of lay open and think that if I were wearing a dress it would look rather un lady like. I do drive while en femme and am very careful of how I sit while driving or as a passenger. Any thoughts?

What do you do with your legs when driving?

With my heigth, the only thing I can do - - - Try not to get them tangled around my ears! :D

frederica13
12-05-2010, 12:47 AM
haha i've often had the same thought and been extremely uncomfortable (and not just from fear of being pulled over by a prejudiced officer, although have heard great stories about accepting law enforcument). Generally I try legs together and heels on.

Phyliss
12-05-2010, 06:14 AM
99.9% of my work driving and about 90% of personal driving is done solitary. I always imagine that I'm wearing a knee high skirt and keep my legs in a proper manner. Enter and exit the vehicle in the same though mode.
I kinda figured that if I constantly (no matter how I'm presenting) practice this simple motion and manner of sitting, it'll become second nature and one less thing I need to worry about when "out and about"

juligirl1984
12-05-2010, 06:23 AM
I have to "sit" on my hand with my left leg lol. I have a sciatica problem with it and it really starts when I drive. I do try to keep them closed/semi closed.

legz31
12-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Juligirl! I think you might be my soulmate, or maybe a lost twin, or a really funny coincidence :)

I have to "sit" on my hand with my left leg lol. I have a sciatica problem with it and it really starts when I drive. I do try to keep them closed/semi closed.

Thats really weird and I do the mirror image of that ! I always sit on my right hand with my right leg. I usually catch myself doing it and think to myself 'I should hold the steering wheel with both hands and not just the left one', but eventually I am back to sitting on my right hand and steering only with my left hand. it is usually really cold around here so maybe thats why.

AND I have had a sciatica problem for several years now (really flared up 2 days ago, and ton of advil is not touching it) but I don't think it starts when I drive.

it is a funny freaky world :)

PortiaHoney
12-05-2010, 09:04 AM
It's not only when driving that you need to be conscious of your legs being spread. Not a good look in a short skirt - particularly if you are displaying the wrong equipment for all and sundry.

I have noticed girls wearing jeans tend to sit comfortably. So then do I. Tighter short skirts make keeping the legs together while sitting much easier.

ChristiesGurl
12-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Christie puts her legs together and tilts her feet to one side as a passenger - usually with her knees pointing towards the driver (me) so I can put a hand on her knee or thigh. :-) If I chose to lay my fingertips on the inside of her thigh, she will simply slide one leg down a bit, so one leg is lower. She and I have pretty rigid gender roles when she is dressed. She doesn't drive, I open doors for her, she doesn't carry anything other than a purse, etc... that's her choice and I agree with it. It makes her feel like a woman, and I enjoy playing the part of the man, even if I am not dressed as one.

katrinakat
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Keep my knees together and take off my heels!

Andrea's Lynne
12-05-2010, 10:15 AM
"Christie puts her legs together and tilts her feet to one side as a passenger - usually with her knees pointing towards the driver (me) so I can put a hand on her knee or thigh. :-) If I chose to lay my fingertips on the inside of her thigh, she will simply slide one leg down a bit, so one leg is lower. She and I have pretty rigid gender roles when she is dressed. She doesn't drive, I open doors for her, she doesn't carry anything other than a purse, etc... that's her choice and I agree with it. It makes her feel like a woman, and I enjoy playing the part of the man, even if I am not dressed as one."

Bzychick - Nice!!

Jay Cee
12-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Juligirl! I think you might be my soulmate, or maybe a lost twin, or a really funny coincidence :)

Thats really weird and I do the mirror image of that ! I always sit on my right hand with my right leg. I usually catch myself doing it and think to myself 'I should hold the steering wheel with both hands and not just the left one', but eventually I am back to sitting on my right hand and steering only with my left hand. it is usually really cold around here so maybe thats why.

AND I have had a sciatica problem for several years now (really flared up 2 days ago, and ton of advil is not touching it) but I don't think it starts when I drive.

Isn't there like a wedge or a cushion (or something), that you could sit on to alleviate your sciata? It'd free up your hand, so that you can have both of them on the steering wheel?

Pythos
12-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Legs together, even when in drab. As far as heels, well, what if those heels are on boots? I just learn to drive with my shoes on. There is something neat and sensual about catching a glimpse of my hosed legs coming out of the skirt that I am wearing for that time. Legs in shiny leggings are also a nice side to see, especially when the car passes under a street light and you see that shine for a small moment.

Joanne f
12-05-2010, 10:25 AM
About the only time you need to worry is when a big truck pulls up along side of you as they can look straight down on you :heehee:

susants
12-05-2010, 11:00 AM
i often give truck drivers something to look at like a lot of legs or a peek at my stocking tops
Susan

ChristiesGurl
12-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Legs in shiny leggings are also a nice side to see, especially when the car passes under a street light and you see that shine for a small moment.

Or sparkly hose. Yep, yep. :D

i often give truck drivers something to look at like a lot of legs or a peek at my stocking tops

Stocking tops are great. Christie knows my predilection for stockings and often gets in the car and pulls the hem of her dress up just enough so I can see where the garter connects to the stocking. Sweet.

Karren H
12-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Legs together, heels off and hands at the "10 and 2" position. But then, I AM trying to look and act like a woman even when driving (if dressed):).

Oh, and occasionally I will move the rear view mirror to check my makeup!

Not me!!! 10 and 2 is old style... All our new drivers training says 4 and 8.... An informed woman would know that! Lol.

Joanne f
12-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Not me!!! All our new drivers training says 4 and 8.... Lol.

Oh the same way to sit on a bar stool :devil::eek:

ChristiesGurl
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh the same way to sit on a bar stool :devil::eek:

LOL, that would be your legs, not your hands, I'm thinkin'!

JOJO44
12-06-2010, 12:12 AM
But are you facing the bar or the audience? :D :o :devil:

Annaliese2010
12-06-2010, 01:01 AM

Spread em. Even in public I'm ashamed to say. I may be subconsciously wanting attention - not from men though. Mostly signaling other lez girls. I guess I shouldn't do that really. Can't help it sometimes...

geri
12-06-2010, 01:16 AM
nice hams.

ChristiesGurl
12-06-2010, 02:17 AM
nice hams.

Yep, what she said. ;-)

juligirl1984
12-06-2010, 05:42 AM

Oh WOW! yes I thought I was kinda the only one there on that one! it helps the sciatica for me.
sciatica realated, advil will not cut it for me... I'm on tramadol rite now, had this problem for 6 years now and not getting any better. at least it stays in the left leg only.

erickka
12-06-2010, 06:52 AM
When in girl mode, closer together. When in guy mode, I kind of just ooze into the seat any old way I can be most comfortable, and don't pay any mind to how I sit.

ChristiesGurl
12-06-2010, 07:46 AM
"Christie puts her legs together and tilts her feet to one side as a passenger - usually with her knees pointing towards the driver (me) so I can put a hand on her knee or thigh. :-) If I chose to lay my fingertips on the inside of her thigh, she will simply slide one leg down a bit, so one leg is lower. She and I have pretty rigid gender roles when she is dressed. She doesn't drive, I open doors for her, she doesn't carry anything other than a purse, etc... that's her choice and I agree with it. It makes her feel like a woman, and I enjoy playing the part of the man, even if I am not dressed as one."

Bzychick - Nice!!

Thanks. I think its nice too. :-)

andreah
12-07-2010, 05:40 AM
while driving my truck I always have my legs spread in drab mode , while wearing my heels and skirt my legs are also spread force of habit , tried driving with my legs closed but they seem to always spead and I found it to be uncomfortable, getting in or out of my truck my skirt rides up a lot showing a lot of leg , truckers seems to enjoy the view, I don't mind it at all, that's why I always wear miniskirts, and I keep my heels on all the time

Suzette Muguet de Mai
12-07-2010, 06:19 AM
I always plan to keep my bodyparts attached to their correct place, including legs. So I keep my legs connected to my hips and my feet connected to my legs. Otherwise it hurts and I hate pain. :) also drive with them spread coz I got to keep the boys aired :).

Theresa1955
12-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Susan

When I drove the big rigs I really enjoyed traffic jams in the summer. Looking at those lovely legs made it worth it. I hated traffic jams in the winter. Long coats and jeans are not very sexy. LOL

Aprilrain
12-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Since I've been driving cross-country en femme for a week now I have sat every way that there is to sit in a car and still be able to control the vehicle. I've been wearing jeans everyday like any sane modern American woman would whilst driving that far. I've put some thought into this and whenever I start wondering whether I'm being feminine enough I wonder what my wife would do in this situation. That's when it occurs to me that we (TGs) are the only ones who think about this crap! My wife sits however is the most comfortable depending on the length of the drive and almost never wears skirts or dresses. Anyway driving in and of it's self is unlady like which is why if I have the choise I always let my wife drive!

Christie ann
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I wonder what my wife would do in this situation.

That's it! We need little plastic bracelets that say WWGD, What Would a Girl Do?

Personally, driving a standard pretty much dictates where my feet go and the legs just follow.

Alice B
12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
But if you are acting as a female while driving, and your hands are at the 10 & 2 position, how do you hold your cell phone?

Jamiegirl1
12-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I always drive with my legs together,sometimes I take my heels off,but mostly leave them on,I always try and act like a lady no matter what I am doing when I am dressed....

ChristiesGurl
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
But if you are acting as a female while driving, and your hands are at the 10 & 2 position, how do you hold your cell phone?

*ouch* :eek:

Lynn Marie
12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Whenever I wear an unbifurcated garment (skirt or dress) that is knee high I instinctively keep my legs together whenever I sit. I don't even have to think about it.

Geez John, I just love the way you talk.

I pretty much always wear skirts out and I'm tall so that in the summer I like to get the dashboard AC vents to blow up my skirts. In the winter, I'm always hunting for the floor heating outlets!

Being Paige
12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Well they are close together I would say but not touching. Touching wouldn't be natural even for a woman while driving. I have gotten so use to driving in heels I don't really even think about them any more.

Rianna Humble
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I find it quite useful to leave my legs attached to the rest of my body - makes operating the pedals so much simpler! :heehee:

Christy_M
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM
nice hams.

I thought the phrase was "gams." Hams come from...I don´t really know where gams come from. They are nice legs regardless.

For me, I try to put my left foot foot by the door close to the seat pedestal and slightly turn at the hips so the knee falls comfortably falls towards my right leg.

VanessaVW
12-08-2010, 07:57 PM

Sciatica also here. Can't stand a trip over an hour. I end up putting my left hand under my left leg. Support hose works great.

shaq91
12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I haven't driven in a skirt or dress before but I have driven with heels on several times!

shayleetv
12-09-2010, 03:51 PM
The only time I have been out in 40 years was about 5 years ago when I was going to a counselor about my dressing. Her office was about a twenty minute drive by way of the Freeway. I was trying to be very lady-like and keep my knees together. I noticed a van with a young man pacing me. Every time I changed speed he'd adjust to to be right next to me. My skirt was over my knee, I thought I was being modest. After all I was considered more of a matron than a girl. That's when I noticed the skirt was pulled up on the side nearly to the end of my leg. Apparently when I got in the car and not being used to sliding into the car the skirt rolled up on that side exposing my leg. So I figured if this young man wanted to see the legs of a 63 year old I'd go ahead and show him. Of course a little at a time until it was time to leave the Freeway. Don't give it all away at one time. Sometimes I wonder if some hormones in young men are safe; I think he had too much flowing, almost like a drug over dose. Getting turned on by a 63 year old!:eek:

sissystephanie
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I guess I am really oldfashioned. When I am driving while dressed enfemme, I just try to make sure my legs are still attached!!LOL O.K., in real life I do sometimes drive with my legs spread further than they should be, for a lady that is! I have done so much "male" driving in my life it is just natural to do so. Even after all these uears I still have to think about being a lady!

And ShayleeTV, I have had young men drive alongside me when I was wearing a short skirt! Apparently so they could see my 78 year old legs. Luckily for them, my legs still look pretty darn good!! Over the years I have won a lot of prizes for having such good feminine looking legs!

Rachel Morley
12-09-2010, 08:54 PM
As others have said, I also keep my knees together but I do still wear my high heels. I tend to drive slower and more cautiously when en femme too.

TxKimberly
12-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Take 'em off and throw 'em in the trunk?

SuzanneBender
12-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I typically drive with my legs and feet pointing towards the floor. Its hard to see above the steering wheel if I point them towards the car roof.

I really don't know if driving is gender specific. I have always driven with my knees together. I check my look in the mirror even in male mode. My friends all tell me I drive like an old woman, but I guess that doesn't have anything to do with keeping my knees together when I drive.

That's when it occurs to me that we (TGs) are the only ones who think about this crap!
Yuppers we do overthink this stuff, but we have years of socialization concerning the way we move to overcome.

That's it! We need little plastic bracelets that say WWGD, What Would a Girl Do? What a cool idea! Dare I ask what color these bracelets would be?

Rianna Humble
12-10-2010, 12:09 AM
That's it! We need little plastic bracelets that say WWGD, What Would a Girl Do?

What a cool idea! Dare I ask what color these bracelets would be?

We would need them in lots of colours to accessorise them. After all, I can't wear a pink bracelet with my purple tops, so I would want at least 1 of each of the following:

* Yellow
* Red
* Pink
* Purple
* Green
* Blue
* Black

Any more colour ideas?

kimmiegal
12-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I normally drive with my legs apart a little no matter if it is pants or skirt. In the summer when wearing long guy shorts, I will pull them up so the tops of my thighs are exposed and when I look down it appears to be a mini skirt. Lately I have been wearing a lot of skinny jeans and can't keep from lightly running my longish nails over my thighs and looking down and seeing my very girly tucked crotch!

Melinda G
12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I pull my dress up across my lap,and turn on the interior light a lot!
People probably think I'm texting, looking down all the time. :heehee:

Frédérique
12-11-2010, 08:24 PM

It’s a little awkward, because I have a Jeep Wrangler with a manual transmission (of course). When en femme I try to fold my legs somewhat, keeping my knees together as much as possible. This gesture alone makes me feel different, and I usually caress my exposed knees from time to time while I’m driving, if only to remind me of my vulnerability. Of course, warm or cool air blowing up under my skirt helps immensely – I LOVE that feeling!
:battingeyelashes:

noeleena
12-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi .

For me the same way iv been driveing for the last 46 years. & why should it be any different. tucks , bus s , hate cars , any way have done. 4 x 4 s ,tractors if it has wheels much the same , you have a thinge in the middle , so apart ,

just like most women much the same.

Funny thing is Jos said why dont you keep your knees together then she looked . oh . its not quite the same as the passengers side. he he ,,,, its called a steering wheel. shaft. plus the other gear,

...noeleena...