PDA

View Full Version : need advice

nicole12
12-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi girls ive had the strangest past 10 days.

Ok i had not dressed for over 9 months until last week and the urge came back so incredibly strong in fact stronger than ever before and i went out and got full manicure,pedicure,eyebrows done, full body wax etc , now just today the urges are going off again. I was planning on buying a wig this week and have already bought some new lingeries and panties etc.

Its so confusing and its driving me crazy.

Nicole

jasmine57
12-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of cding. I don't know if it can be explained. If so it would take someone much more learned than myself. I really don't go through those phases anymore but we all have. Just enjoy them when they come. Trying to figure it out can be frustrating.

nicole12
12-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of cding. I don't know if it can be explained. If so it would take someone much more learned than myself. I really don't go through those phases anymore but we all have. Just enjoy them when they come. Trying to figure it out can be frustrating.

yes i know , i have been cross dressing since young age also but never had urges return really strong and then only last a really short ammount of time its quite strange.

Paula_56
12-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Don't Purge

Learnng where you are with this and finding balance is key

nicole12
12-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Don't Purge

Learnng where you are with this and finding balance is key

Hi paula no i wont purge this time.

Donna June
12-05-2010, 08:09 AM
As Jasmine said, it is frustrating. I've gone through these periods too and wonder why. Also, as Paula said, don't purge when you get into the no dressing phase. About 10 years ago I threw out probably $3,000 worth of clothes. It sickened me afterwards. If I would've given it all to charity it would have been better, but it all went in to the garbage....Hang in there

Lee Andrews
12-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Been there, done that. I'd love to know the reasons for the ebb and flow of crossdressing. Sometimes it is so far out of my mind my stuff collects dust in the closet. The last few weeks have been the total opposite, every moment it seems to creep in there. Confusing to say the least.

nicole12
12-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Been there, done that. I'd love to know the reasons for the ebb and flow of crossdressing. Sometimes it is so far out of my mind my stuff collects dust in the closet. The last few weeks have been the total opposite, every moment it seems to creep in there. Confusing to say the least.

yes it is confusing and also frustrating.

Marie-Elise
12-05-2010, 08:49 AM
I thought it was just me who experienced this. I have gone decades without the urge. In fact, before this year, I think the last time I had the urge was about 10 years ago. I got the urge a couple of months ago and told my wife. We have been married 6 years.

Danielle Gee
12-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Nichole: Been there Done that: My urges to dress come and go also. Luckily I've not had a purge, but the worst I've did is put all my stuff in a box and put it up in the rafters of the garage.

I don't know your age, but you look rather young in your avitar photo, so let me say this......In my case, it all smoothed out as I got older. Good luck!!

Danielle

nicole12
12-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Nichole: Been there Done that: My urges to dress come and go also. Luckily I've not had a purge, but the worst I've did is put all my stuff in a box and put it up in the rafters of the garage.

I don't know your age, but you look rather young in your avitar photo, so let me say this......In my case, it all smoothed out as I got older. Good luck!!

Danielle

Hi Danielle,

well im 38 now that photo is about 3 years old i think.

see only like two days ago i was thinking wouldn't it be lovely to be full time transition.

sabrinaedwards
12-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I have not experienced down time; I always want more girl time. I long for those segments of time when I can dress unabatingly.
Love, Sabrina

Roberta Marie
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
This is further evidence, even if only anecdotal, that gender is fluid, perhaps more so for some than for others.

Bobbi

Debglam
12-05-2010, 06:00 PM
All I can say is "me too!" :D I'm starting to really love this forum and don't feel so alone.

Is there any idea of what percentage of the population CDs or is TG?

Best,
Debby

Roberta Marie
12-05-2010, 06:10 PM
All I can say is "me too!" :D I'm starting to really love this forum and don't feel so alone.

Is there any idea of what percentage of the population CDs or is TG?

Best,
Debby

The way that I understand it is that Transgender is more or less an umbrella term that covers the entire spectrum of the community, and includes crossdressers, transexuals, fetish dressers, and pretty much anybody who's gender identity or presentation does not conform with societal norms. CD is a subset of TG, and when you think about it, who changes their gender presentation more than a CD, thus being transgendered.

So, in response to your question, 100% of CDs are TG. The $64 million question is, how many TGs are CDs, and how many are TS?

Grace,

Bobbi

renee k
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM

Ok i had not dressed for over 9 months until last week and the urge came back so incredibly strong in fact stronger than ever before and i went out and got full manicure,pedicure,eyebrows done, full body wax etc , now just today the urges are going off again. I was planning on buying a wig this week and have already bought some new lingeries and panties etc.

Nicole

I did exactly what you did after I broke up with the last lady I dated. And never looked back.

Renee

Christy_M
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
The urge came back to me so strong about 8 months ago. it does wane a bit now and then but the intenseness of that urge back then caused me to make some serious life decisions and ultimately draw a line between my current family life and being alone. Luckily, my wife stayed although, like Karren's, is not real happy with my other self.

Kaz
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
The negative feelings are probably a mixture of guilt (you spent all that money on a whim!), and confusion (why did you want to do it?)...

All the recieved wisdom suggests that it will never go away, so all the purges will just bring it back with venom... so feed your demon... and get in control.

nicole12
12-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I sometimes wish that i didn't lose the urges though. Like only yesterday at the theatre i was admiring all the gg's etc.

ninapuella
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I have the same problem. Gone threw so many periods like this. Last time i dressed was 10 months ago now. And i have realized that it has not been good for my health at all. I have got big problems with stress and so on. I threw away all my stuff at the beginning of the year and now i have bought some new and this time i will never throw away any stuff again. It is like throwing away a part of me, pretty stupid. But at the same time i have these thoughts about how unnatural it is to dress.

Tallulah Rose
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
The urges will come and go (such is the nature of an urge!) but one of the keys to stability is self-acceptance. Once we really accept who we are and what we do (CDing), over time we become more stable about the whole thing and learn to accept the waxing and waning of our urges, much like the moon phase.

I still have times when the urges fade into the background, but I still feel blessed to be a part-time girl. ;)

nicole12
12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
The urges will come and go (such is the nature of an urge!) but one of the keys to stability is self-acceptance. Once we really accept who we are and what we do (CDing), over time we become more stable about the whole thing and learn to accept the waxing and waning of our urges, much like the moon phase.

I still have times when the urges fade into the background, but I still feel blessed to be a part-time girl. ;)

i think i may go and have a chat to someone professionally about it also.

susie evans
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
just except it and enjoy it while your young when you get older you will find you missed a lot of good times as the girl inside

have fun susie

nicole12
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
just except it and enjoy it while your young when you get older you will find you missed a lot of good times as the girl inside

have fun susie

Hi suzie yes i know i should have fun, i guess at times i have felt silly while dressed etc, guilty, shy etc etc , so im guessing first things first is really get myself back into shape and back down to weighing 75kgs, i currently weigh 94 kgs so im overweight for my height.

TianaCross
12-07-2010, 08:48 PM
accept whatever u feel..if u feel the need to dress, then dress up..if u dont feel the need, nevermind the body wax & all, then dont...just..kinda go with the flow ;)

but yes, acceptance is the key, whatever u feel at the moment, if u dont feel the urges, u still need to accept that they are there from time to time, and when u do that, it will be alot less confusing even if they go away and u dont feel them at the moment..

i guess im trying to say this - theres no need to feel confused... the urges where there, u did what u felt was right, ... now there not here - do what u feel is right now..dont dress, enjoy life. they will come back - dress then :)

pamwow
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM

Nicole

Your not the ONLY one to go thru this and won't be the last lol

Hope its not as many that i have had, and SAVE all that money !

Pam

Shelby
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I just dressed yesterday big time. Did the hair, makeup, body was all shaved, got all dressed up and spent the entire evening dressed. Tonight - nothing. My mind is thinking that I ought to but my heart just isn't into tonight. In late August I went out with some girlfriends (gg's) for an afternoon of shopping and stuff. I didn't have any desire to dress for many weeks after. It just takes a lot out of a person. I don't think you need to see a professional. We know more about what you are going through then some Doctor. Trust me, you're fine. Just enjoy the moments as they happen.