PDA

View Full Version : Nails on keyboard... is it just me, or?

Tallulah Rose
12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
When I'm dressed en femme, I simply can't do without my pearly, girly french nails.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who loves the feel of them on the keyboard, when typing? :battingeyelashes:

Oh no, maybe it's that sexy tapping thing again. But it feels so femme to me. :o

Kaz
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
It's not just you! I tried stick on nails a few weeks ago for the first time, and the keyboard thing, though strange at first, has got me hooked! Can't wait until I get the chance again!

Dawna Ellen Bays
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I've never done it...I'm a "hunt and peck" typist as it is...

Karren H
12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I become an electronic deaf mute when I have nails on. I've seen women type with long nails. They use the flats of their fingers and I just can't do that. On my Blackberry it's even worse.

suzy1
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes, it’s that tapping thing again. You have got it bad girl.

Have fun, SUZY

Tallulah Rose
12-05-2010, 02:31 PM
It's great to hear all your thoughts.

*buries face in hands* I've got it bad. ;)

Suzy, if you said that to make me laugh out loud just a little, you succeeded! :)

Robyn B
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Typing with nails is a 'thing' for me too....as a bonus I think it causes my writing style to get a bit more effeminate!

The blackberry with nails is another thing all together though :(

Mahoro
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm on the keyboard all day at work, and I keep my natural nails slightly long most of the time, so even when in the office in 'guy more' I have that little feminine part of me showing. It's both the feel of the contact and the rhythmic 'click,click,click' that makes it so appealing for me.

About once every six weeks I cut them short, and then always miss having them around until they grow out again. Surprisingly no one has ever commented on them being long at work, but I do keep them very clean and neat. On days when I work from home I like to paint them, and watch as the pretty colors dance across the keys.

jessica renee
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I've never tried typing with long nails, but I like looking at my fingers on the keyboard when I have them brightly polished.

And I can't use my blackberry with long nails either.

Misty G
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I have acrylic nails so mine are always fairly long about 3/8" past the end of my fingers. I don't use a blackberry so I don't have that problem. A phone is for talking not typing on LOL

sissystephanie
12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
For those of you who don't know, you are supposed to use flat of your fingers on the keyboard!! The nails should not touch the keys, if you are typing properly! My nails are always feminine shaped, meaning long. I am not a good typist, but I was taught long ago to use the flat surface of my finger not the nail!!

SuzanneBender
12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
When I first started wearing press ons and keeping my nails long it took and enormous amount of effort to do daily tasks such as typing, dialing the phone and need I say BUTTONS! But with time all things pass and I became more adept at it.

Then came SCC; a visit to the nail salon with some friends and a chance to try Acrylic Nails for a week! They were the fantabulous shindizzle! You can do it all and the didn't fall off. I think I could have used them to pry open safe doors and they felt wonderful. Then came the end of SCC and time to remove the little buggers. After a whole lot of acetone, a dremmel tool and three weeks of chipping and peeling they finally came off. Was it worth it? I would have to say yes but next time I am letting the Pros also do the removal.

Diane Smith
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
For those of you who don't know, you are supposed to use flat of your fingers on the keyboard!! The nails should not touch the keys, if you are typing properly! My nails are always feminine shaped, meaning long. I am not a good typist, but I was taught long ago to use the flat surface of my finger not the nail!!

While good in theory, with my long acrylics (about 3/4" past the fingertip), this just isn't physically possible -- the flat of my finger will hit one key, and the nail depresses the one above it at the same time. I can only use my fingers if I bend them way backwards, which completely destroys my speed and accuracy on the keyboard. I've learned to type with the tips of my nails, and like the OP, rather enjoy the sound and feeling of it now. It's kind of hard on polish, and I have to admit that my accuracy isn't quite as good as it used to be before I had the nails, but I manage -- and in my job and after-hours online presence, I type a lot. Thank goodness for computers and the backspace key. I don't think I could handle a conventional typewriter anymore.

- Diane

celeste26
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I actually type better with acrylics on I like to eat blackberries (oh you mean the phones never owned a cell phone yet dont intend to either)