PDA

View Full Version : I love my life!

JamieG
12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
So the last few weeks have been very stressful for me, even more so because I've had no opportunity to dress. My wife was volunteering all day yesterday and then went out for the evening with a few fellow volunteers. After I put the kids to bed, I decided to try out a black leotard and heels look inspired by Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video. Well my wife managed to get home without me hearing the garage door, and the next thing I know she's opening the door to the bedroom where I am standing.

Now before you all start to panic, remember my wife knows I dress, but generally prefers not to see it. So I was worried about upsetting her, but didn't have to worry about "THE BIG SHOCK." When she sees me, she just laughs and says "I love my life!" (not in a sarcastic way, but with good true good humor). I said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to see. Let me get changed and you can come back in." She just says, "Don't worry about it. I can imagine after the day you had with the kids that you needed some time. Leave it on." We start chatting about our days, and she casually mentions that "I love your boobs" and also "You really pull the look off well." It's really amazing how far we've come. I have to agree with my wife "I love my life!"

p.s. I got a little more time this morning, and actually got to take a few pictures of the look, but with makeup and wig. Check out the Picture Gallery if you're curious.

linnea
12-05-2010, 05:35 PM
This is wonderful! I'm hoping for a similar experience someday, but I'm trying hard to be respectful of my wife's wishes (similar to yours) and to be patient and understanding of her feelings. I love the pics, by the way!

Karren H
12-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Grrrrr. I hate you and your wife! Lol. My wifes comments are 180 degrees from yours. Plus or minus a degree. I'd be happy with a 10 degree swing. Lucky girl.

Michelle 51
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
well my wife has seen me dressed lots of times but i've never heard her say she liked what i was wearing.Most often it a snickle and roll her eyes .I'm glad for you and sounds like things are looking up.

JamieG
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
This is wonderful! I'm hoping for a similar experience someday, but I'm trying hard to be respectful of my wife's wishes (similar to yours) and to be patient and understanding of her feelings. I love the pics, by the way!

I hope it works out for you.

Grrrrr. I hate you and your wife! Lol. My wifes comments are 180 degrees from yours. Plus or minus a degree. I'd be happy with a 10 degree swing. Lucky girl.

Sorry, I didn't mean to brag. I'll try to send some mental good vibes your wife's way and maybe we can turn her around; or at least get that 10 degree swing? :-)

well my wife has seen me dressed lots of times but i've never heard her say she liked what i was wearing.Most often it a snickle and roll her eyes .I'm glad for you and sounds like things are looking up.

I'm sorry to hear of your wife's reaction. I've tried to keep it out of my wife's face as much as possible, but to keep the lines of communication open. I've also tried to be the best husband to her and father to our children I can be. It took seven years to get to where we are now, with much yelling and tears in between. I know this won't work for everyone, and my heart goes out to everyone with an intolerant wife or SO. I guess I just want to say that there is reason to hope; a turn-around is possible.

JohnH
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Today my wife and I were going through boxes of clothing that my ex-wife left me as well as boxes of my current wife's clothing. My current wife came across a number of dresses that appeared that they would fit me, so she had me try them on. She actually liked a number of the dresses on me. Right now I have at least 15 dresses that I am going to keep.

We even found my current wife's black velvet dress - so both of us have black velvet dresses.

This represents a big change, because even as recently as yesterday I could not imagine that she would like how any dress looked on me.

sabrinaedwards
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
You are so fortunate that your wife accepts this part of you. I can only dream of this type of result. I would think that you are in the minority when it comes to what our wivies think of cross dressing.

littlemara
12-09-2010, 07:52 PM
You are one lucky guy and girl :)

Angiemead12
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Happy days! Now let's see that single ladies picture!

JamieG
12-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Today my wife and I were going through boxes of clothing that my ex-wife left me as well as boxes of my current wife's clothing. My current wife came across a number of dresses that appeared that they would fit me, so she had me try them on. She actually liked a number of the dresses on me. Right now I have at least 15 dresses that I am going to keep.

We even found my current wife's black velvet dress - so both of us have black velvet dresses.

This represents a big change, because even as recently as yesterday I could not imagine that she would like how any dress looked on me.

John, I'm happy to hear that your wife has also made progress with acceptance!

You are so fortunate that your wife accepts this part of you. I can only dream of this type of result. I would think that you are in the minority when it comes to what our wivies think of cross dressing.

You are probably right. I consider myself very fortunate. My wife was open to people of alternate lifestyles before we met (two of her best friends from college came out as gay). So our initial issues were the "keeping a secret from her before marriage" and the "it's okay for my friends to be a certain way, but not my husband" problems. I think in most cases, it takes a lot of work on both the part of the CD and the SO to get to a level of acceptance. However, I occasionally hear of a story where someone comes out to their SO and get's the "No big deal, let's go shopping!" response. Now they are the really lucky ones!

Happy days! Now let's see that single ladies picture!

Some pics can be found in this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?144614-I-just-gotta-dance!)!

Jamiegirl1
12-10-2010, 10:37 AM
You are sooo lucky you have an understanding wife....