PDA

View Full Version : Masked Dressers

Kiera79
12-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I understand the discrete nature of some who want to hide their identity, but isn't those suits and such hot as hell? As for the ones that go out do you guys wear that stuff out also? Just curious?

Christy_M
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
i am a little limited on how i go out so the mask gives me some limited freedom to be dressed and wander around fairly desolate places. when i am clean shaven, i don´t use it. I have never tried to be anywhere that i would need to interact but that did happen once by accident.

As for being hot, not so much outside but in the house there isn´t as much air circulation so it does get a little warm

sissystephanie
12-05-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't wear any kind of mask when I go out dressed enfemme! Just a guy in a skirt and pretty top!! With of course the usual lingerie underneath!! Otherwise, I am all man!!

Karren H
12-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Ask Sherry..... She's a living Doll!! lol

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?47561-docrobbysherry

Jilmac
12-05-2010, 09:43 PM
At times I could use a mask to hide my weatherbeaten puss,LOL.

SuzanneBender
12-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Its all about outward expression of the inner being. We just do it in different ways. Some do it because they are not comfy without something between them and the rest of the world. Its like sunglasses.... I know ladies, including myself, that always feel more comfortable when out and about if they have a big pair of sunglasses between them and the rest of the world. Yes its irrational and a bit silly, but if it brings someone comfort and the opportunity to safely express themselves then more power to them.

And yes those suits look like they would be horrendously hot.

Pythos
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
The masks frankly creep me out. They are lifeless, and in some cases ugly. Sorry but that is what I think. The only times masks work are for superheros, or theatrical presentations. Another character that a mask works is "V" is for Vendetta. But he had one helluva reason to be wearing that. :)

ninapuella
12-06-2010, 11:55 AM
The only mask i use is makeup. And i also have to makeup my mind what to wear. :battingeyelashes:

Katesback
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I do not get it and a part of me feels that by wearing a mask it gives others the impression that being trans is something negative and should be hidden.

Kiera79
12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Very good responses ladies especially pythos. My take is if you are going to do this do it, don't hide behind a wall or plastic just because it is convenient. Do the best you can to make a good impression while representing us TG individuals. If I were a city, county, or government official I would investigate ya ass quick by whatever means necessary if I seen a person in a mask. You never know what is going on in peoples minds.

Jorja
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Mask? Hey, this isn't a mask girly! :D

LilSissyStevie
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Does anybody find it a little ironic that someone who is constantly whining about "society's" unacceptance takes the first opportunity to trash a group of people because they dress differently? LOL!

Wigs and corsets are hot too (in more ways than one.)

docrobbysherry
12-07-2010, 12:51 AM
---of one kind or another!"
Except for a rare few like Jive Turkey, who goes out in a dress and nothing else fem!

Ask Sherry..... She's a living Doll!! lol
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?47561-docrobbysherry
Thank u, Hun! I owe u a toddie when we meet!:battingeyelashes:

Very good responses ladies especially pythos. My take is if you are going to do this do it, don't hide behind a wall or plastic just because it is convenient. Do the best you can to make a good impression while representing us TG individuals. If I were a city, county, or government official I would investigate ya ass quick by whatever means necessary if I seen a person in a mask. You never know what is going on in peoples minds.

Kiera, I can only speak for myself and the few others who wear masks I'm familiar with. We r closet dressers and don't go out masked! (Unless u count Halloween, Disneyland, costume parties, and the SCC!):brolleyes:

Let me just add that, those of u that go out dressed without;
makeup, wigs, forms, shaping devices of any kind, etc., etc. U have my respect! But, that's NOT to my taste!

Just as Sherry's faces r OBVIOUSLY not to yours and some others, Kiera! U CERTAINLY have the rite to your opinions, too!:thumbsup:

Now, let's discuss girls who r AFRAID to post an HONEST avatar/signature pic!:devil:

Marissa
12-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Okay, as much as I agree with others on how 'weird' it may appear or scary for some.. and yes, I don't understand it at all..especially if you do choose to go out that way and except society to not have some type of reaction.. me? I'm thinking a stick up :)

But I have to give it to Sherry, she is right..at least she shows her body..and not a cartoon face or signature..we all have some type of masks..just some more than others..

noeleena
12-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Hi.

A mask is used to hide the real you . is it not. make up. hair, as said glass s apart from a mask for a fancy party or a marsked ball.
Iv done all of them . the masked ball was our Edwardian group end of year do dressed in 1900 to 1910 time. tho every one knew who i was any way. 11 years i wore one of 3 wigs to hide behind, not any more , im open faced . so people see me as being open as in my pic.
as to glass s just a nice pair not black tho just a light see through . to stop the sun glare .
my history is all out there so no hideing,

...noeleena...

Gerrijerry
12-07-2010, 05:53 AM
As long as it does not hurt anyone who cares what others wear. Your happy I am happy for you.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
12-07-2010, 06:13 AM
I wear a mask. My mask is that of a male. It is an old mask, it hides my real identity. It is a mask given to me at birth. I put it on with my clothes when I go out in the morning. When I come home I take my mask off. It does get hot when I wear my mask. The heat generated is from the fear of being revealed as a guy who wears a dress. A respected guy within my community who has two lives, one is personal, the other is public. I have a cartoon avatar, I have a profile that does not say much, I fear losing my identity. Is it a crime to wear this mask? Label me whatever, may I label myself? I am a crossdresser.

Kate Simmons
12-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Masked or otherwise I'd trust my life to most of my friends here and you can take that straight to the bank Hon.:)

NicoleScott
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
If you don't like masks, don't wear one or look at those who do. There are lots of reasons cd's wear masks. Some prefer to have beards in guy mode but like to occasionally like to dress up and want to see their mirror reflection as something more feminine-looking than a bearded guy in a dress.
I wouldn't be caught dead in an ankle-length skirt or dress. It just doesn't do it for me. I may not even understand why anyone (gg or cd) would want to wear one. But I don't have to understand it in order to accept the idea that others like it. We all dress the way we do for our own reasons. So let's give the mask wearers a break.

Loni
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
well docrobbysherry, i do agree do what you want not what others want you to do.
me i would over heat in a sec in a body suit like you do. but i also must put up with a body that screams man...such is life.

as for no photo, it is cause i just do not have a good photo to post up. i am a bit camera shy (in all of my life) in 51 years might get one photo every two years. even missed one year in high school. sometime next year (pending money) i would like to get down to a real photographers shop and get a photo shoot going.

Michelle 51
12-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I think they would get uncomfortable after awhile.

KayleeDahl
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm fine with whatever anyone in our community wants to wear. For that matter, anyone in the world. And I have to say, there are girls like docrobbysherry that ROCK the mask!

When it comes down to it, we all wear masks of one sort or another, and I feel that anything that one of us is sharing with the community, or the world is a pretty darn cool thing.

Like Nicole said, there are things that all of us have that we would never wear. For me, its gladiator sandals.. yick! but, SO?

Hugs
Kaylee

CatAttack
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I personally am not into masks.. but to each their own you know? I'm not going to tell others what do do or wear.. If you like wearing whatever, then do it that's cool with me. Some of the opinions posted here were kind of harsh.. As for not having an avatar etc, not everyone wants to put on an avatar pic, it's not necessarily out of fear or anything. I think mine is pretty honest though, haha I'm a hippie cat at heart!

msginaadoll
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Like any other community, we are a rainbow of flavors. Corset wearers, mask, tutus, jeans. We all might not understand each other but hopefully can respect each other. As mom always said, "I agree to disagree"

Rebecca Sue
12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
We all wear various masks throughout our lifetimes and even throughout the day. Who is the real you? Is it the you that others see? That varies according to the one perceiving you. Is it the you that you think you are? You may think you know who you really are but could it be that you are identifying with the false self that you and this world have created? Could it be that the real you is a stranger to even yourself? Make no mistake about it, we are all hiding behind masks of one sort or another. The only difference is, some masks are easier to see than others.

JenniferB
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm fine with whatever anyone in our community wants to wear. For that matter, anyone in the world. And I have to say, there are girls like docrobbysherry that ROCK the mask!

I have to disagree 100%. It's not possible to rock a mask.
It makes you look like a dead person. period. But, if you're into necrophilia, go for it.

Kaz
12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
We are all "masked"...

I struggle with make-up... I sometimes take an OK photo, but in real life I feel like no matter how many layers I use I can always see my beard shadow, and all the other ageing imperfections... bags, lines, bad pores...

So should I wear the real "mask" or body suit? I know and understand why we do, but for me at this stage it is not for me. But Sherry makes it work well and she is a gem! We do what we do because we are all different! Diversity is good not bad!

What is the problem that so many people have with diversity? I think the CD "tribe" is OK. Do we really need to divide into seperate tribes? And fight, etc...

So to address the original post, I don't think the suits are about identity, they are about expression, and I think you need to rethink your "received" understanding?

Samantha B L
12-07-2010, 07:18 PM
As far as the clothes,hosiery,makeup,etc.being hot or uncomfortable I wait for cool weather or else I crank that air conditioning way up and I don't worry about it!

tgirl2b
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I personally would not where a mask , But I can understand why others prefer to. Who am I to say what others where I'm a cross-dresser! people sure don't like what I prefer to where. How dare you others condom some one for what some one else find's comfortable to where. I am hear to learn.I find mask wearers sexy some times. Doc & Kathy and others show me They can be sexy they just hide there faces. I wont show my self at all Just Google your name and you can see why. To many people I don't want to know can find out to much. I love this site but there seem to be a lot of Bigotry also.Just my opinion.

Stephanie Anne
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
I thought this was like a zorro mask. I was a little confused.

Kaz
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I personally would not where a mask , But I can understand why others prefer to. Who am I to say what others where I'm a cross-dresser! people sure don't like what I prefer to where. How dare you others condom some one for what some one else find's comfortable to where. I am hear to learn.I find mask wearers sexy some times. Doc & Kathy and others show me They can be sexy they just hide there faces. I wont show my self at all Just Google your name and you can see why. To many people I don't want to know can find out to much. I love this site but there seem to be a lot of Bigotry also.Just my opinion.

Hey kiddo, there is bigotry everywhere... decide which side you are on and live you life!

I am with you... Sherry and others rock! I have learned so much and they are part of my family... It is broad community... but that is its strength and purpose.

docrobbysherry
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I actually PREFER to wear my suit in summer because the silicone feels FREEZING going on in winter! :sad:
My masks r only face masks, NOT "pull on over your entire head" masks. They're probably not as warm as a layer of pancake makeup!:brolleyes:
Since I don't bother much with makeup, I'm really not sure!:heehee:

.. As for not having an avatar etc, not everyone wants to put on an avatar pic, it's not necessarily out of fear or anything. I think mine is pretty honest though, haha I'm a hippie cat at heart!

I didn't mean u, Katty! Actually, my comment was intended to be a, "those who live in glass houses", parable. Because Kiera said,
------, don't hide behind a wall or plastic just because it is convenient. Do the best you can to make a good impression while representing us TG individuals.------, and yet, has NO pictures posted of herself!

Hi.
A mask is used to hide the real you . is it not. make up. hair, as said glass s apart from a mask for a fancy party or a marsked ball.
Iv done all of them . the masked ball was our Edwardian group end of year do dressed in 1900 to 1910 time. tho every one knew who i was any way. 11 years i wore one of 3 wigs to hide behind, not any more , im open faced . so people see me as being open as in my pic.
as to glass s just a nice pair not black tho just a light see through . to stop the sun glare .
my history is all out there so no hideing,
...noeleena...

This may come as a SURPRISE to u, Noeleena, but I don't wear a mask to HIDE! I wore it every time I dressed alone and in private for 10 years BEFORE I came out online here!:eek:
And, another interesting fact for u:
While many CDs dress to express "my real self", I dress to become SOMEONE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!:devil:

Which explains WHY I sometimes wear my female suit! How many of u see a shapely, naked woman in your mirror when u remove your clothes? Without my suit, I see a skinny, shapeless, flat chested old man!:sad:
Would U begrudge me my "fantasy" of becoming a woman?:brolleyes:

Rebecca Sue
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Without my suit, I see a skinny, shapeless, flat chested old man!:sad:
Would U begrudge me my "fantasy" of becoming a woman?:brolleyes:

Someone needs to hit the weight room!!! Or should I say, someone else besides me does. :battingeyelashes:

Jessica Who
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Once as a teenager I dressed up and then put on my Jason Voorhess hockey mask. It was definitely a surreal feeling and I liked the feeling because I finally felt like I was looking at a female in the mirror. ( at the time I wore no makeup and didn't shave my face )

I can definitely understand why a person would choose to wear any type of mask. I'm not sure if they experience the feeling I had when I put on that mask many years ago if not I imagine it may be similar

Juliana Hart
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
JenniferB - MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!

juno
12-07-2010, 10:44 PM
A quality mask is a good way to get a realistic feminine look, especially for someone who doesn't want to pluck brows, and struggle to hide male features with makeup. If you are not artistic and hate doing makeup, a good mask may be a better choice. Dressing is all about having fun. Different people have enjoy different things.

Cassandra Lynn
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
JenniferB - MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!

I totally agree. Her avatar pic alone speaks volumes.
Actually though i was surprised it took 26 posts before someone crossed the line of decency.

Cassie

suchacutie
12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I find the thought process behind wearing a mask/body suit fascinating. I don't think I'd be personally interested at the moment, but I like to think that we are all here to learn and support each other. Is it possible to maintain a positive/supportive attitude?

tina

Christy_M
12-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Can't we all just get along? There are many reasons we do what we do. Regardless of personal preference, snide and snippy comments that divide a community destroy so much good that the entire community has together. We think society is intolerant because they won't accept our dressing and here we sit, intolerant of each other.

I wear my mask only to cover my goatee. I do not want to look in the mirror and see my hairy mug when I am trying to be as pretty as I can be. Every couple months, I shave my goatee and then I don't use my mask. During these times, I try to go many places where I didn't feel comfortable with the mask. When I have the mask, I am limited on where I go becasue I don't want to scare the natives and have them coming after me with pitchforks and torches.

An earlier post said something like those "masks are creepy" or something to that effect. Isn't that what most of society is saying about men in dresses? "Keep those pervs away from my kids...you never know what they'll do!"

Katesback
12-08-2010, 08:36 AM
A quality mask is a good way to get a realistic feminine look, especially for someone who doesn't want to pluck brows, and struggle to hide male features with makeup. If you are not artistic and hate doing makeup, a good mask may be a better choice. Dressing is all about having fun. Different people have enjoy different things.

Anytime I have seen these people that wear these masks in pictures or in person I can say that there is not one chance in a million that they look realistic. More so they look like a maniquin and when they move one realizes there is a person wearing that stuff.

linnea
12-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I haven't tried a mask; maybe I should. I've looked at them and wondered how one would work for me. Right now, I'll just enjoy the pics of those who do wear them and leave it at that.

Ashlee
12-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't use masks but I've seen around the net this thing called "femskin". Anyone here use that?? (google it)

JenniferB
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Anytime I have seen these people that wear these masks in pictures or in person I can say that there is not one chance in a million that they look realistic. More so they look like a maniquin and when they move one realizes there is a person wearing that stuff.
Right, call me mean or whatever. I just keep it real. I agree that there's not one chance in a million a mask looks lifelike. Think about it. You go to a funeral home...someone says "Oh my, doesn't she look good?" Ummm No, honestly she looks DEAD... That's what a mask looks like. If that's your deal, go for it. Just don't pretend it looks real.

Christy_M
12-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Right, call me mean or whatever. I just keep it real. I agree that there's not one chance in a million a mask looks lifelike. Think about it. You go to a funeral home...someone says "Oh my, doesn't she look good?" Ummm No, honestly she looks DEAD... That's what a mask looks like. If that's your deal, go for it. Just don't pretend it looks real.

Hard to beloeve I am sitting justifying myself for what i wear on this foum where everryone wears something different. My main goal for this is education to try and get tolerance for our differences.

For me, I use the mask so noone at fifty yards can see my facial hair. Up close I am sure it is obvious. I just don't want to drawv unnecessary attention from afar...much like this thread.

Miss Misery
12-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't think anyone needs to "justify" wearing a mask or anything else but that doesn't mean one can't find a mask "creepy" looking. It's an opinion. That's all. We can be civil about it but I would think as CD/TS's, our skin should have grown a little thicker by now.

docrobbysherry
12-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Someone needs to hit the weight room!!! Or should I say, someone else besides me does. :battingeyelashes:
Actually, Rebecca Sue, I STOPPED working out a few years ago to LOOK MORE FEM!:battingeyelashes:
(Less definition in my arms and legs now!)

I don't use masks but I've seen around the net this thing called "femskin". Anyone here use that?? (google it)
The above posts refer to my "female suit", Ashlee. It IS a Femskin! Which is the ONLY one piece, neck to ankles, silicone female simulation appliance made that I'm aware of. There r NO extra openings or zippers! U enter by stretching the neck open wide!:eek:
Here's a pic of a 60+ y/o man wearing it with a mask. (Me). Decide for yourself whether or not it looks "realistic". Even if NO ONE ELSE DOES, it works for ME!:heehee:

docrobbysherry
12-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Once as a teenager I dressed up and then put on my Jason Voorhess hockey mask. It was definitely a surreal feeling and I liked the feeling because I finally felt like I was looking at a female in the mirror. ( at the time I wore no makeup and didn't shave my face )

I can definitely understand why a person would choose to wear any type of mask. I'm not sure if they experience the feeling I had when I put on that mask many years ago if not I imagine it may be similar

That is almost exactly what it is like for ME, Jessica! I don't see myself, I prefer to see attractive women in my mirror!

Kate, I've GOT to say this! Folks that look in their mirror and LIKE seeing a "man in a dress" there, well, God love ya! And, I think that's FANTASTIC! I'm just NOT where you're at yet! ( I've only been dressing for 13 years).

When you've been lookin' in the mirror at an unattractive man for 50+ years like I have, and suddenly u see an ATTRACTIVE woman lookin' back at u, well, God love ME, too! For now, I'm HAPPY to be a pretty manikin, rather than another homely "man in a dress"!
Is there ANYONE that can't understand THAT?

CatAttack
12-08-2010, 03:45 PM
nevermind

Katesback
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
That is almost exactly what it is like for ME, Jessica! I don't see myself, I prefer to see attractive women in my mirror!

Kate, I've GOT to say this! Folks that look in their mirror and LIKE seeing a "man in a dress" there, well, God love ya! And, I think that's FANTASTIC! I'm just NOT where you're at yet! ( I've only been dressing for 13 years).

When you've been lookin' in the mirror at an unattractive man for 50+ years like I have, and suddenly u see an ATTRACTIVE woman lookin' back at u, well, God love ME, too! For now, I'm HAPPY to be a pretty manikin, rather than another homely "man in a dress"!
Is there ANYONE that can't understand THAT?

Doc here is one problem. Since NOBODY knows what you look like it is impossible to say wether you would look like a man wearing a dress. On the other hand both you and I have been to Southern Comfort. I personally can say I have seen some very beautiful CD girls at SCC and they were not wearing a mask. Actually I saw MANY of them. Sure there is the dude in a dress as well but then it is impossible for me and/or anyone else to get an opinion of what you WOULD look like.

It is technically illegal to wear a mask in many places (except for certain events and days). Perhaps there is a reason for this. I have mixed feelings about what you are doing. Part of me supports your wish to do this but as I said before there is nothing realistic about the appearance (facially speaking).

LilSissyStevie
12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
It's hilarious that anyone on a crossdresser forum could criticise someone for looking "unrealistic" and "creepy"! I don't wear masks but I'm guilty as charged anyway. At least I'm not delusional.

CatAttack
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
*grabs popcorn and drink*

alice clair
12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree with Tania and Denise, i also thought we were all here to support and help each other regardless of each individuals personal view of his or herself as seen by his or herself. Masks may not be my choice but i respect that persons right wear anything that suits that person. Have a fem day!!!!

Kiera79
12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I didn't mean u, Katty! Actually, my comment was intended to be a, "those who live in glass houses", parable. Because Kiera said,, and yet, has NO pictures posted of herself!

Hi Doc,
I do however have pics of myself in the pics thread. I didn't put this up to bash anyone. I was simply stating that be satisfied with what you have to work with. Don't try to make yourself look like something you are not, which is a 36,24,36 body (perfect) because you are not no man is and very few women are either the way this country consumes food. I am VERY happy with my presentation as I don't care what society says, feels, no does. I am me and will always be me. **** what cha heard or what cha think. How's that for a damn comment.

nevermind

Couldn't have said it better myself katty. People need to wake up and realize this is a public access forum and we have our own PERSONAL OPINION about each other. It is what makes us unique.

NicoleScott
12-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Sure, people are entitled to their opinions, but sometmes it may be best to keep them to ourselves. It isn't necessary to tell others that you think their preferred style of expressing themselves is "creepy". You can think it - do you have to say it? I express opinions, even disagreeing with previous posts, and those kind of negative posts seem to welcome here. All part of a good discussion. Telling someone that the way they look "creeps me out" is crossing the line of good taste and fair play. especially from someone who doesn't have a pic posted.
It's obvious that some folks still don't understand masking even though several reasons for doing it have been offered. What's so hard to grasp about it?
As far as being satisfied with who you are and working with you've got: we dress for all kinds of different reasons. For many, the reason for dressing, masking, makeup, whatever... is seeing the finished product in the mirror. Also, let's see how satisfied you are when age catches up with you.
Finally, the OP was about "isn't it hot under the mask?" A simple inquiry that some people couldn't resist chiming in with their "creepy" remarks. How about a little more tolerance, restraint, and class?

GirlyGirl66
12-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Everyone expersses themselves in different ways, If it makes them feel good about theirselves thats all that matters.

Jorja
12-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Checks Katty's popcorn for excess butter. That's a no no if you want to fit into that new dress. :)

docrobbysherry
12-09-2010, 02:03 AM
I DISAGREE with posts that don't want u expressing your opinions! I think u not only have the rite to, U SHOULD! If I was worried about a few brickbats, I wouldn't post my pics here!
And, there's NO QUESTION masks r generally not acceptable out in public now!:eek:
(Kind of like CDing before the 60's, maybe?):brolleyes:

Doc here is one problem. Since NOBODY knows what you look like it is impossible to say wether you would look like a man wearing a dress. On the other hand both you and I have been to Southern Comfort. I personally can say I have seen some very beautiful CD girls at SCC and they were not wearing a mask. Actually I saw MANY of them. Sure there is the dude in a dress as well but then it is impossible for me and/or anyone else to get an opinion of what you WOULD look like.

It is technically illegal to wear a mask in many places (except for certain events and days). Perhaps there is a reason for this. I have mixed feelings about what you are doing. Part of me supports your wish to do this but as I said before there is nothing realistic about the appearance (facially speaking).

I don't remember meeting u at the SCC, Kate. But, we must have at least seen each other at one or another of the ballroom gatherings?:straightface:

Here's a pic of me at SCC.:sad: Along with Sherry's pic for a comparison!:D
They say "one pic is worth a 1000 words"?! How about 2?:devil:

(I really don't like my look and have NO other pics of myself! This was taken by another girl at SCC!)
147856 147857

Danni Bear
12-09-2010, 02:24 AM
---of one kind or another!"
Except for a rare few like Jive Turkey, who goes out in a dress and nothing else fem!

Thank u, Hun! I owe u a toddie when we meet!:battingeyelashes:

Kiera, I can only speak for myself and the few others who wear masks I'm familiar with. We r closet dressers and don't go out masked! (Unless u count Halloween, Disneyland, costume parties, and the SCC!):brolleyes:

Let me just add that, those of u that go out dressed without;
makeup, wigs, forms, shaping devices of any kind, etc., etc. U have my respect! But, that's NOT to my taste!

Just as Sherry's faces r OBVIOUSLY not to yours and some others, Kiera! U CERTAINLY have the rite to your opinions, too!:thumbsup:

Now, let's discuss girls who r AFRAID to post an HONEST avatar/signature pic!:devil:

DOC,

Kinda late to this thread, But to all those speaking out against masks or the wearing of them. It is everybodys privledge to wear whatever makes them happy and feel good about themselves at any time. Personally I don't wear one but any one who does is welcome wherever I am. They are part of my family as much as those that don't.

As far as an avatar pic goes, mine is of me and my hubby. BTW I'm in the yellow.
and I also don't use any feminine padding or enhancments when I'm out.
So keep on DOC and all the other ladies that use masks and/or any other enhancments for your happiness andappearence.

DANNI BEARD

crusadergirl
12-09-2010, 04:55 AM
I wear a mask everyday just not a fem mask and it looks scary at times.But like a few others on here i'm cool with cds wearing masks Doc has some great pics, don't know why ppl on here are not liking the masks. When your different ppl hate it when u wear what others like they love you.

Miss Misery
12-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Sure, people are entitled to their opinions, but sometmes it may be best to keep them to ourselves. It isn't necessary to tell others that you think their preferred style of expressing themselves is "creepy". You can think it - do you have to say it? I express opinions, even disagreeing with previous posts, and those kind of negative posts seem to welcome here. All part of a good discussion. Telling someone that the way they look "creeps me out" is crossing the line of good taste and fair play. especially from someone who doesn't have a pic posted.
It's obvious that some folks still don't understand masking even though several reasons for doing it have been offered. What's so hard to grasp about it?
As far as being satisfied with who you are and working with you've got: we dress for all kinds of different reasons. For many, the reason for dressing, masking, makeup, whatever... is seeing the finished product in the mirror. Also, let's see how satisfied you are when age catches up with you.
Finally, the OP was about "isn't it hot under the mask?" A simple inquiry that some people couldn't resist chiming in with their "creepy" remarks. How about a little more tolerance, restraint, and class?

I don't have any issue with someone wearing a mask but I would sure hope that others (my SO and here) would let me know if something I was doing/wearing etc was creepy rather than palying " the emperor's new clothes" game. IMHO, real masks (not figurative ones but literal ones) are creepy and that includes Freddy Kruger, the mask in V is for Vendetta and these masks. It is not intolerant nor classless to say that. I didn't read anywhere that someone said "you are creepy" to those who wear masks.

I hope to get more from this site than just blind affirmation. But that's just my opinion.

Kiera79
12-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Again I never made this thread to bash anyone and I'm not apologizing for anything I have said, thought, or done. I am me and enjoy (ME) as do the rest of you enjoy yourselves. It's funny how a simple comment can and does get blown out of proportion. It's just like a original story after 20 people hear it, it's nothing like the version that the person that told it said. As Jay-Z said if you don't like me blow me, I'm gonna be me and stay me till the day I die. And if I don't want a phucking profile pic that is my damn right.

JenniferB
12-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Again I never made this thread to bash anyone and I'm not apologizing for anything I have said, thought, or done. I am me and enjoy (ME) as do the rest of you enjoy yourselves. It's funny how a simple comment can and does get blown out of proportion. It's just like a original story after 20 people hear it, it's nothing like the version that the person that told it said. As Jay-Z said if you don't like me blow me, I'm gonna be me and stay me till the day I die. And if I don't want a phucking profile pic that is my damn right.
I agree. And just as it's anyone's right to wear a rubber mask, it's also anyone's right to say they think it's creepy.
Do we really need to adhere to some unwritten "TG PC Code" and not even state our opinion now? Where is it written that we all have to think exactly alike?

Katesback
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
It is interesting that many of us are so sensitive that we lack the ability to be honest with each other. Call it supportive when someone says nice things all the time but I often wonder what they really think. Then there is people like me that are often very honest about our feelings and then some would say I am bashing someone because I expressed my opionion that of which does not agree with them.

I like to use this scenerio. I support someones right to have a tattoo of a penis right on thier face but........ I sure as hell would never do that and certainly do not feel it is going to be a benefit to them in thier lives. That is my opinion but if they want to do it more power to them.

Katie

docrobbysherry
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I agree. And just as it's anyone's right to wear a rubber mask, it's also anyone's right to say they think it's creepy.
Do we really need to adhere to some unwritten "TG PC Code" and not even state our opinion now? Where is it written that we all have to think exactly alike?

As far as I'm concerned, your opinion is quite welcome, Jen! However, spreading misinformation IS NOT!
I don't EVER wear "rubber masks"! Those flexible, wobbly, cheesy Halloween things r for, well---, Halloween!

Sherry's faces r custom made "works of art"! At least, SHE thinks so! Lol! And, none r made of rubber!

msginaadoll
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I first of all have to say I'm impressed with Sherry for her class! I do agree we all do have the right to express our opinions. I think the only problem is if some people feel that their opinions are the only ones that matter or are the truth. I personally feel that cookies in the cream is the best flavor of ice cream, others may feel differently and thats ok! I dont think anyone wants to squash people from expressing there opinions. For me at least I hope people express there opinions in a kind and thoughfull way.

Christy_M
12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I first of all have to say I'm impressed with Sherry for her class! I do agree we all do have the right to express our opinions. I think the only problem is if some people feel that their opinions are the only ones that matter or are the truth. I personally feel that cookies in the cream is the best flavor of ice cream, others may feel differently and thats ok! I dont think anyone wants to squash people from expressing there opinions. For me at least I hope people express there opinions in a kind and thoughfull way.

Hear, hear...I think that mutual respect and consideration are important. It doesn't matter that we disagree but don't profess that, becasue it is your opinion, that everyone else's is wrong. It is just their opinion. Accept it as such and move on. I have stated on many other posts that I get more learning from other people's opinions and experiences than I could ever get on my own. I value everyone's views. When I don't subscribe to them, it doesn't make me a bad person but rather just someone who doesn't agree.

Cassandra Lynn
12-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Since the OP has become so much about opinions, here's a few of mine.

I picked a few examples from some of the posters who were defending there right to say things just as they see them, whether it was rude or not, is besides the point. What i find odd is that when one says something disagreeing with their opinion, then we are being too sensitive.
"It is interesting that many of us are so sensitive that we lack the ability to be honest with each other. Call it supportive when someone says nice things all the time but I often wonder what they really think."

"It's an opinion. That's all. We can be civil about it but I would think as CD/TS's, our skin should have grown a little thicker by now."

"Do we really need to adhere to some unwritten "TG PC Code" and not even state our opinion now? Where is it written that we all have to think exactly alike?"

"I didn't put this up to bash anyone. I was simply stating that be satisfied with what you have to work with. Don't try to make yourself look like something you are not,"

The last one i found especially odd, given that what we do is all about looking like something we are not. But i digress.

My point in these snippets of posts is that what i see in reading between the lines is the notion that it should be ok to go ahead and be brutally honest (at least in some minds) and if you don't like how someone looks then just say so.........

Something like: you look terrible, the dress sucks and your make-up job is crap!
Yes, it's an extreme example on my part but if you really want to "keep it real", then what's stopping you?

Here's another one i don't quite get:
"People need to wake up and realize this is a public access forum and we have our own PERSONAL OPINION about each other. It is what makes us unique."

Since personal opinion is capitalized i take it that it is important, but is it still a personal opinion when it is placed on a "public access forum"?

Why don't you folks who want to be soooo honest just say what you think, see how many folks here who are scratching and clawing to stay in the closet, want out when your all done keeping it real?

My (now non-personal) opinion, is that some of these folks are just sticking up for there rights to be a an obnoxious smart-ass, and you can see that when you go back and read some of their posts over the months.
And in the interest of keeping my own side of the street clean, i have been guilty of poor behavior on the forums more than once.

Also IMO, i think Danni, michelle3, msginaadoll, and NicoleScott, Christy and Stevie said it best.

Ask yourselves what is more important...my right to speak my opinion or my right to criticise and ask yourselves if what you think you need to say is of value to anyone other than yourselves.

Cassie

CatAttack
12-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Kiera: Oh I was saying "nevermind" not to sherry but rather because I was retracting what I had originally posted..

Violetgray
12-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Hmm. I think some people wear masks because when they look in the mirror, they want to see a femme face looking back at them, and they feel as though even a mask would be a step up from what they've already got goin' on. It's just that simple.

I personally don't like masks, but I won't begrudge other people for wearing them. Besides, I think I'd rather see a pic with a mask than all the faceless cd's looking like some sort of Lovecraftian t-gurl.

JenniferB: "Condom? Where?" LoL girl you ignorant! lmao
Jennifer*

Kiera79
12-10-2010, 11:14 AM
@ Serene

Listen you are coming after me lets brawl. I am not REPEAT AM NOT in the closet and I don't have a wife, SO or whatever breathing down my neck saying no to everything. I am free to do as i wish and I love it. It takes a real STRONG heart and CONFIDENCE to go out in the real world and do what we do. I for one know first hand. My first time stepping out was hell. I tripped on my own feet and everything else, held my head down low and all that bs associated with it. Not anymore. When I go out now I am a force to be reckoned with. All you see is confidence and in my eyes a person that cares for themselves to a tee. No I do not pass really at all I'm not trying to. I'm being me and how I feel comfortable.

@ Doc,

I do love your outfits and the way you put things together. I just don't understand the mask thing, that is all. I can understand trying to do the total package, but are you not happy with what you have? All the makeup that has been engineered now to make a person look totally different in my non personal opinion looks better than a mask. Have a good one people I'm done.

JenniferB
12-10-2010, 11:27 AM
My point in these snippets of posts is that what i see in reading between the lines is the notion that it should be ok to go ahead and be brutally honest (at least in some minds) and if you don't like how someone looks then just say so.

It's really amazing to me how distorted this thread has become.
Now it seems to have turned into some kind of TG politically correct crusade?
I see absolutely nothing wrong with being honest with people on this forum. Call it "brutally honest" if you want to. Do you really think that someone else's opinion on an internet forum is going to change what someone else does? I highly doubt it. At the end of the day, it's just one person's opinion. If there was more honesty in this "community" (and I use that term community very loosely) maybe, just maybe, TG folks would have just a little more credibility? Yeah, I know that’s a stretch, but you never know.
Truthfully, I've seen some really dreadful photos here and people will comment with something like "You look GREAT!" or "YOU GO Girl!". It’s all so very superficial. Why not just tell the truth? If you must comment…why not offer a truthful suggestion that might help that person with their appearance instead?
Again, we get back to some unwritten "TG PC Code" where some here feel that we need to be 100% unconditionally supportive no-matter-what. You look like Bigfoot in a dress? No problem, “You GO Girl”. You want to have a ZZ Top beard and wear a school girl outfit and 5 inch pumps to Wal-Mart? No problem, “You GO Girl”.
Again…at the end of the day, it's just one person's opinion.

Miss Misery
12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Since the OP has become so much about opinions, here's a few of mine.

I picked a few examples from some of the posters who were defending there right to say things just as they see them, whether it was rude or not, is besides the point. What i find odd is that when one says something disagreeing with their opinion, then we are being too sensitive.

[COLOR="blue"]Cassie - this is a distortion of what was said and of most of the quotes you extracted and posted. I'll use my own for example - how does saying we all should have developed thicker skin by now say it's ok to be rude? The point being made is that which is truly supportive - telling someone with clothes 4 sizes too small and toilet paper hanging out of their pantyhose that "they look wonderful" or saying "if you want to blend in out there, you might want to do ......" Support does not mean aways agreeing with someone/thing - I also hope we can tolerate differences of opinion and even criticism when it is without malice - that's where the thick skin comment came from.

[I]"It is interesting that many of us are so sensitive that we lack the ability to be honest with each other. Call it supportive when someone says nice things all the time but I often wonder what they really think."

"It's an opinion. That's all. We can be civil about it but I would think as CD/TS's, our skin should have grown a little thicker by now."

My point in these snippets of posts is that what i see in reading between the lines is the notion that it should be ok to go ahead and be brutally honest (at least in some minds) and if you don't like how someone looks then just say so.........

Careful about "reading between the lines" as often you end up seeing what you want to see. Take the comments at face value.

..................Why don't you folks who want to be soooo honest just say what you think, see how many folks here who are scratching and clawing to stay in the closet, want out when your all done keeping it real?

My (now non-personal) opinion, is that some of these folks are just sticking up for there rights to be a an obnoxious smart-ass, and you can see that when you go back and read some of their posts over the months............................................ .

Ask yourselves what is more important...my right to speak my opinion or my right to criticise and ask yourselves if what you think you need to say is of value to anyone other than yourselves.

Cassie

In the end, I miss some of what you're saying. Specifically, what do you mean about the closeted CDs and opinion? Also, I don't see 2 choices in the last comment. Right to speak my opinion and right to criticize - are those my 2 options? I thought they were being considered one and the same in this thread - confused.

This all sprang from a comment that said someone didn't like masks and why. That's it. No personal affronts or anything until people started making assumptions, extrapolationg and misinterpreting the comment(s).

az_azeel
12-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I agree with Tania and Denise, i also thought we were all here to support and help each other regardless of each individuals personal view of his or herself as seen by his or herself. Masks may not be my choice but i respect that persons right wear anything that suits that person. Have a fem day!!!!

I could not have put it better myself... and as were getting into a fighting match with each other this thread is done..