PDA

View Full Version : Who is that in the mirror?

Sheila11
12-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Went to a company Christmas dinner the other nite. In drab and with the wife. One end of the banquet room was covered in mirrors. About halfway through the evening the boss got up to make a speech/presentation and I found myself starring into the mirror. The wierd thing was that I felt totally removed from the dude in drab in the mirror. It was as if the picture was not right.

Strange. I have always seen my male side as me. I think the other nite I was confused as to who was in the mirror. I do not get to dress en fem very often, so it isn't like Sheila is the norm.

Dressed up tonite and sat and looked at myself in the mirror for a long time. I really like what I see and sheila feels right.

I am confused.

eluuzion
12-07-2010, 02:09 AM
When you look in a mirror, the image you see is always a bit "mentally" distorted in your mind by the influence of "what you want to look like". Plus, the image everyone sees in a mirror reflection is always the "reverse" image of what you actually look like to other people. The only "true" image of yourself you will see is the one in photographs. This is why many times, we are surprised at the "difference" in our appearance when we see photos of ourselves.

It is similar to the surprise of hearing our own voices on a recording. (different reason of course, but the surprise in the "difference" is much the same).

Plus, we all need to remember just how effective make-up is as a tool in changing/enhancing the human appearance. Try applying some make-up to your regular male appearance. It is a remarkable improvement if you apply it correctly.
Welcome to "Hollywood" and the interesting world of cosmetic enhancements...:heehee:

I did not exactly address the point I believe you were making, but thought I would toss out that info anyway...

You are just experiencing what many of us do...an infatuation with our "female" appearance. Pretty enticing for sure...:daydreaming:

Either that...or you are beginning the interesting life of a schizophenic...:heehee::D:heehee:

:love:

Kate Simmons
12-07-2010, 06:10 AM
It kind of makes me wonder how many would be all that willing to CD without mirrors for positive image feedback.:)

jasmine57
12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I have just the opposite problem. When I look at Jasmine in the mirror I just see me with makeup. I can't seem to make enough of a transformation for me to not see a guy in a skirt.

Michelle 51
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm with Jasmine..I know the real Michelle is in there but i still see a guy in a dress.I do far better if i imagine what i want to look like out and about as Michelle then looking at a mirror

Holly
12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I have just the opposite problem. When I look at Jasmine in the mirror I just see me with makeup. I can't seem to make enough of a transformation for me to not see a guy in a skirt.

I'm with Jasmine..I know the real Michelle is in there but i still see a guy in a dress.I do far better if i imagine what i want to look like out and about as Michelle then looking at a mirrorLadies, stop looking at the face and look into the eyes. She's in there waiting for you to bring her out into the light.

zoe m
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
For me it's the opposite - since I started crossdressing more often I've actually started to feel more in touch with my guy image. I think before I resented it a bit. Now that I do both parts I feel more ok with the guy appearance since I also have a female outlet :).