PDA

View Full Version : It Gets Better and Easier

Rachel C
12-07-2010, 07:12 AM
It really does get better and easier - at least for me. I've told my friends about wearing skirts awhile ago and I happy to say that I am getting full support from them. Things have changed so much that it really not that big of deal to some people now. This year I've started carrying a purse everywhere I go and have experimented with makeup. I've also been wearing high heels out often while in drab. I still only get fully dressed for Halloween, but my friends have been encouraging me to wear my skirts out more often to concert, parties, etc.

Personally, I have to say, it has brought me a lot of peace and happiness by accepting and acknowledging my feminine side. At first, I was nervous what my friends would think, but they have been fully supportive and positive. Some of my friends have bought me purses, scarves, sweaters, etc as gifts. I think the hardest thing is to commit. I knew that once I told my friends about my skirts there was no going back. Once I came to accept that, it was much easier.

Now, I noticed I have a fuller closest and most of my friends are women. I get to participate in fabulous conversations about fashion and they treat me just like "one of the girls." I only wish I made this commitment earlier.

jasmine57
12-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I have told many of my friends that I cd. My current room mate knew when I moved in all about me and has been not only accepting but very encouraging. She's even gone as far as to let me try on her wedding dress. (which was awsome) I agree that since I've made the commitment to telling some friends that it's gotten easier and when there is acceptance it is way better. My room mate is always asking for my opinions of what she wears and comenting the she'd love to be able to fit into my clothes.
Glad you have the support you need and things are going well for you.