PDA

View Full Version : It is 10 degrees out and i am not the only one wearing a skirt!!

Karren H
12-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Well its the last day of a business trip and since yesterday afternoon I've been enfemme. Around the hotel and went out to eat.. Its really been snowing the last few days so today I decided to wear a brown skirt, tights and boots to drive home in. And as I was carrying my luggage to the car I passed two other women in the lobby both wearing skirts... Heading out in this 10 degree snowy weather! Seee!! All you jeans lovers.... Women do wear skirts even in bad weather!! And they looked hot! Lol. So I checked out and went and got gas. Now I'm heading north... Need to stop for lunch later.. Maybe some shopping and some photo ops! :). Plan to spend 24 hours straight dressed... And enjoying every minute of it!

JohnH
12-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I do notice that a sweater dress and hose are a good deal warmer than a flannel shirt and jeans, and looks a lot better!

John

Stephanie Anne
12-07-2010, 09:38 AM
You can have your skirt... I'll keep my jeans in freezing weather thank you.

FionaO
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
While you're out en femme, go check out on that facelift. Not that I think you need it.

Michelle 51
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Well i'll be waiting for the photo shots.Nothing sexier than a crossdresser with frost on their earrings.
Michelle

RobynB
12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Have fun Karen. I'm with you. NO jeans. I wear skirts and boots in cold weather.

Tina B.
12-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow, 10 degreess, no, pants and NO NEED TO TUCK!
Tina B.

insearchofme
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Karren

You are livng proof that Pa. girls are tough, and pretty!

SherriePall
12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Karren lives in the bituminous belt so she's a little softer than us Anthracite girls. LOL

sandra-leigh
12-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Last week one evening I wore a skirt when the wind chill was about -20F. The only part of me that felt cool was the bottom of my legs, as my skirt did not quite cover the tops of my ankle-boots as I moved around. And "cool" is the right word, not "cold".

Christie ann
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Karren, if I had it my way it would be skirts and dresses only. But I have promised to not go there and I don't. However, I love listening to your stories. Good luck in the cold, enjoy your last day of the business trip and don't forget to tell us the stories.

Sheila11
12-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I love the skirt or dress in cold weather. I is exciting to know why there is a chill on my legs. No pants.

diannecourtney
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Ladies: I was going to start a thread on the subject but than ran across the lovely Karren's comments. How about the one or two catty remarks. I don't understand it other than jealousey.

Gina X
12-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Ladies: I was going to start a thread on the subject but than ran across the lovely Karren's comments. How about the one or two catty remarks. I don't understand it other than jealousey.

Strange thing Jealousy it could be taken as envy

Love Gina x

Loveday
12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey Karren, I am currently around Mackinaw City Michigan and also wearing a skirt. I think I am the only one. It is about 20 degrees here also. We are getting lake effect snow storms all over the place here. When that snow piles up over my knee high boots and I have to plow the driveway the skirt will be gone and replaced with nice tight low rise jeans. Sorry, I love my skirts, but there is a time and a place for them.

Loni
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
real girls do ware skirts, even in reno last week it was freezing (really it was like 20F) and there were a number of ladies in skirts. but non of the girls from the all girls school, just jeans there. the school is close to were i was delivering food at, so only saw so many. (but i think they were stopping in just to warm up)

Stephanie Anne
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM

I resent you thinking I am jealous of someone living in weather no sane human would live in. That is insulting to us warm blooded south westerners.

Sarah Michelle
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Enjoy the outing, I, for one am always envious of your adventures.

ReineD
12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Enjoy your trip, Karren! :) Just don't get stuck in a snow drift as you're heading North!

When I go out in skirts in the wintertime, I've taken to having a good heavy pair of UGG type boots in the car. Once, after a wedding, we did get stuck and my son and I had to go out and push. And then we saw someone else who was stuck and we all got out and pushed. It was quite a storm, and I'm glad I had something appropriate to put on my feet. :) I also would have loved to have had a pair of pants to pull on as well. BRRRR

sandra-leigh
12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
20F ? I think it's been a few weeks since it was last as warm as 20F here!
I was wearing a long (and not particularily thick) skirt this morning when it was 3F.

Would I wear that skirt out while snow-blowing? No -- it was too flowing, and there would be too much risk of it being caught by the machine. But I have worn a long denim skirt out snow-blowing at below 0F.

annecwesley
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I walk daily in the woods all year long, quite often in a skirt. The right skirt keeps me much warmer than pants, by trapping warm air under it. I was very, very surprised when I first discovered this. Right now though I'm a little annoyed that my wife gave away the very long, very full wool skirt she no longer used. I was eyeing it as a good winter walking skirt. The worst of it is that she gave it to my daughter!

Jilmac
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Enjoy the rest of your trip and your girl time Karren. Many of the GGs here in the frozen tundra of Wi wear skirts in winter too. As for CDs, so do we.

lauraabdl
12-07-2010, 04:06 PM
I TOO enjoy walks in my skirts when its cold outside. it was only 24F this morning and I decided to go out shopping to some outlet mall stores in a skirt but opted out for a long velvet one with two flowing slips and pettipants with tights. I truely like being warmer under my skirt and don't mind it when its cold out, ifin I plan my outfits correctly I enjoy myself much more.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Wearing a skirt at 10 degrees is just fine, wish I could get away with it 24-7 but the "closet" does not allow for 24-7 crossdressing. Hence I wear my size 10 low rise jeans and all the trappings under my clothes that I can get away with. My wife allows for the jeans most days, she says everyone knows that they are womans jeans and that is the point, I am trying to push the envelope as much as I can without getting to carried away.

Karren H
12-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Karren, if I had it my way it would be skirts and dresses only. But I have promised to not go there and I don't. However, I love listening to your stories. Good luck in the cold, enjoy your last day of the business trip and don't forget to tell us the stories.

it was almost like a non-event!! Guess I'll have to make up some stories! Lol.

Left the hotel and started driving. Really slow since it was a blizzard... Went through two toll booths, both women who smile and said hi and thanks.. Stopped at the New River Gorge bridge and hiked back and took some photos.. Couple maintenance guys plowing and shoveling and they didn't pay me any attention. Then stopped in Summersville and at McDonald's. I've eaten there before enfemme and never had an issue. Finally made it to 79 and the snow stopped. And I hit the first rest area to use the ladies room... And get a soda. More driving stopping at Clarksburg and went into kohls.. Didn't find anything. Then I swung through burger king and got a milk shake. Girl was super friendly! Mental note... Never order a medium shake when wearing a corset... Took off again and hit the welcome center in PA where I do my quick gender change except it wasn't that quick. Put too many coats of OPI Got the Blues for Red polish on and it took forever to remove.... Washed up and changed... The bag I brought in was large enough for my male clothes but way too small for my fem gear so I ended up walking out with the bag, my purse and my fem jacket. Lol. No one seems to notice I came in female and went back out male and it was fairly crowded. Made it back to work just about time to go home!! Perfect timing! :)

msniki48
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
You are my Hero!!!!! errrrr heroine?!?!?!?

ahhhhh I love YA

pamwow
12-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Well its the last day of a business trip and since yesterday afternoon I've been enfemme. Around the hotel and went out to eat.. Its really been snowing the last few days so today I decided to wear a brown skirt, tights and boots to drive home in. And as I was carrying my luggage to the car I passed two other women in the lobby both wearing skirts... Heading out in this 10 degree snowy weather! Seee!! All you jeans lovers.... Women do wear skirts even in bad weather!! And they looked hot! Lol. So I checked out and went and got gas. Now I'm heading north... Need to stop for lunch later.. Maybe some shopping and some photo ops! :). Plan to spend 24 hours straight dressed... And enjoying every minute of it!

Ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your my kind of Lady giggles -

Pam

Rebecca Sue
12-07-2010, 10:12 PM
10 degrees and wearing a skirt!?!? you the man...er....you a manly girl...I mean...you a girlie man.......you go, girl!!!!

cordgrass
12-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I only wear skirts in really cold weather because my lovely warm insulated knee-high leather boots don't work with pants. They don't fit under or over, so I just wear warm tights and a long warm skirt. Unless I'm having to bend way over, like if I'm shoveling snow, then I make do with jeans and tights underneath, and inferior footwear.

Miranda09
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Good for you Karen....Sounded like you had a blast...a cold one at that, but that's what life is all about. ;)

Helen H. Heels
12-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Hey Karen, I like my longer clingy skirts and of course high heeled boots! The heels give me support in the snow.
Helen

erickka
12-08-2010, 06:45 AM
O.K. Karren, we get your point. LOL I'm sorry, but when it is that cold, I'll be wearing jeans with tights underneath, and the warmest sweaters that I own. After 30 years in the Tampa Bay area, I still freeze when the temps drop below 40. This is winter #5 here in Tn. and I still ain't liking the cold!!

carolinewalker_2000
12-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Jeans are a definite no-no in cold weather - doesn't matter whether you are in boy or girl mode - they just don't keep you warm. For me, at this time of year, the preferred clothing is thick tights under wool trousers and sensible boots. (ie ones you can stand up in on ice; not smooth soled, spike heels.) Occasionally it is better to be "safe not sorry".

Karren H
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Karren lives in the bituminous belt so she's a little softer than us Anthracite girls. LOL

I can't imagine how "soft" those lignite area girls are! Lol

Took a bunch of photos just need to find time to upload them.

Ericka2
12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Dang Karen! You just made me sad and a little jealous, I haven't gotten in my car and just take off somewhere on long trips for a while, I used to love doing that, but ever since I been a single parent I can't seem to feel comfortable doing that anymore, just got few more years to go and I'll be free!!!

Take care, Love Ericka

t-girlxsophie
12-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally planned to go out with my Friend last Monday,was pretty cold and planned on wearing My Long Black skirt with high heel boots,Well that was until my part of Scotland turned into the frozen North,-10 degrees,deep snow causing travel chos.Well that was my plans for a day out scuppered:( Now If I was to think about venturing out in these Conditions it would HAVE to be Trousers or (soz karren)Denims,never mind Scarf,gloves,Heavy Coat and thermal undies (Woot woo!) Oh! Well just have to wait till just got the usual Rain to contend with LOL

:hugs:Sophie

Karren H
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
just got few more years to go and I'll be free!!!

You only think your going to be free! Lol. Mine are 20 and 24.... Our neighbor's son is 40.... They never go away any more! Sigh.

Sarah Michelle
12-08-2010, 10:15 AM
To all those who have been wearing skirts walking in the woods; the last two days I've needed my snowshoes to walk in the woods. Most of southern Ontario has been buried. Skirts and snowshoes seem like something that should be on Sesame Street under "which of these things".
And Karren, I am still envious. I live for the possibility of an uneventful day like yours.

JohnH
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally planned to go out with my Friend last Monday,was pretty cold and planned on wearing My Long Black skirt with high heel boots,Well that was until my part of Scotland turned into the frozen North,-10 degrees,
:hugs:Sophie

Is that degrees C or degrees F? We really need to specify which when we describe temperatures. -10 deg F would be -23 deg C.

Regards,

John

sandra-leigh
12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Skirts and snowshoes seem like something that should be on Sesame Street under "which of these things".

I do a bit of cross-country skiing (would prefer to do more.) But pretty much every time I go out cross-country, I get this urge to ski in a skirt, even on group trips! I've gone a couple of times in a long denim skirt near my house, alone though.

A skirt might not be anywhere near as aerodynamically efficient or engineered for warmth as ski pants, but if the day isn't so bad out, why not? Though I'd wear tights for modesty for when I fall down... and to keep the snow from flying up directly on to my legs!

Karren H
12-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Is that degrees C or degrees F? We really need to specify which when we describe temperatures. -10 deg F would be -23 deg C.

Regards,

John

Or kalvin??

JohnH
12-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Or kalvin??

It's impossible to have a negative number of an absolute temperature scale:
Kelvin [Deg C - 273.15]

or

Rankine [deg F - 459.67]

John

TxKimberly
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I prefer it to be cool to cold. I guess I run a bit warmer than most people and so the cool air feels wonderful to me.

Madilyn A.
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM
............. Then stopped in Summersville and at McDonald's. .............. And get a soda. More driving stopping at Clarksburg ................... Then I swung through burger king and got a milk shake.:)

Karren, McDonalds, Burger Kings, sodas, milkshakes and still at your high school weight, How do you do it ? LOL !

Crissy65
12-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Karen,

You are just one hot Mama, you go girl!

Cissy

SherriePall
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Karren -- Did you mention pics? Waiting to see them. Any taken outside? Or were you shivering too much to get a good pic?
Seriously, I wore a skirt slightly above my knees once in 21 or 22 degree weather. You know I wasn't really cold because I think I was too busy trying to walk femme in my heels.

Plasibeau
12-08-2010, 07:04 PM
All this talk of cold just makes me want to mention that we are still wearing mini-skirts and sandals in some parts of California. It was 70 degrees today. :-))