PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Camoflague

TiffanyTgirl
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Is anyone going to use the crowded mall as a chance to go out? I tried it last year and it worked great. Anyone else?

annecwesley
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm planning to give it a try.

StaceyJane
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I was shopping today at the mall while en femme. I had a great time and bought a nice sweater on sale at Macy's.

Michelle 51
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
You must mean out of town shopping because in my small town a busy mall just means more people you know and will run into.

texasm31
12-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I wore a bra under only a dark colored polo shirt to 3 malls last week. I was very self conscience, but at the same a bit liberating. I doubt anyone even noticed and certainly no one said anything.

Kaz
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Definately! Last year I was in a hotel (working away) two weeks before Christmas and it was full of Christmas parties... lots of women of all shapes and sizes dressed up to their nines and everybody somewhat "merry"... I had a ball not being noticed, other than a few admiring glances!

Karren H
12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
An image of me in a green and red dress with big bows on it standing in the mall just popped into my head!! I just use my super of invisibility to go out. Or was that super power of shopping.... Same thing. Everyone is so busy trying to find Aunt Jane something nice for the holidays...

Valerie1973
12-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I've been out already too, I blended in well. But those sales reps can be pests though. However, one I ran into was very nice and that made my day, (Oh she knew), I'm just wondering where the other CDers were? I did get a lot of smiles and hellos from the GG's. I plan on another day soon.

LitaKelley
12-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I HATED holiday shopping before becoming a girl.. Now, the ONLY way for me to go shopping during holiday season is while en femme.... OF COURSE I'm gonna do my shopping en femme.... otherwise I'll lose my marbles and act like a miserable prick, lol... but the girl I am loves shopping and being out....

funny.. I used to always get aggravated and impatient when shopping in crowded places, waiting in long lines, etc... now though, en femme, it's a whole different experience.. because I'm a happier person, nothing else bothers me and I'm happy I'm just being ME.

Misty G
12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
As of lately I have been doing all my shopping while enfemme. I just returned from getting gro. and having my nails done.

msginaadoll
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I hope to hit the mall again this Saturday. I do love the Christmas crowds.

Chickhe
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I just did some mall browsing today and no real negative reactions except, I was feeling rather conspicuous too, my hair looked pretty bad, it is shoulder length and I use clip-in extensions which puts it down below my shoulders. With the hat (as a result of the cold weather) it ends up looking like either a mop or in the 35 mph wind I'm sure my masculine hairline doesn't work for me...which normally I can comb to hide and hold with hairspray. I was not happy with my makeup, wrinkles and all. The few times I saw myself in the mirror, I saw a guy lookiing back, ugh. Anyhow... I walked through the food court and noticed a few 'looks' my way. Most people in the mall were busy and stressed looking so no one was smiling which was a bit of a letdown. I browsed some of the clothing shops one was called 'Garage' and the other 'Smart set' the staff were polite. In 'Smart set' the sales person gave me a gift card for $10. In 'Garage' I'm pretty sure I was read, but I was offered help and I think one of the girls in the back came out specifically to eye me (that's okay as long as they are friendly and they were)... the style was a bit young for me and I didn't try anything on, but it would have been fun with all those young girls helping me. One woman in the mall, looked at me as I was walking towards her and she scanned me top to bottom so I know she was evaluating my fashion sense (not my gender) ...that made me feel better. So...if you can deal with the crowds now any other time will be a breeze.

Debb
12-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Sadly, the place I used to go, the Mall of America (http://www.mallofamerica.com/home/), is now way too close to work; lots of my co-workers go there, so that's right out.

Not that they moved the mall ... I just changed jobs :D

Loni
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
if some body could loan me a couple K then i can go shopping.
would love to but a bit short on the cash...maybe i will just to window shop.

jennifer easton
12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
already did it, my first fully dressed Jennifer shopping trip was when I went thanksgiving dinner shopping at wal mart, was so cool to be out elbow to elbow and no one even noticed, well not quite I did get ma'med twice this is a pic of me when I left to go, It's also my new avatar

TiffanyTgirl
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Karren you sleigh me. I just love the times when everyone is to busy to notice me. I blend and feel great. I am going to try it today after work. Happy Holidays

BeingMyself
12-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Yeah it's a lot easier when it's hectic. It's always good to get out and be yourself. I should have gone out on Black Friday. If I get time I probably will.

TiffanyTgirl
12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Well, work ran over so no shopping time. However going to try agin this weekend. Have to get my shopping done. Ineed some calf high boots to go with the skirtr I want to wear.

Roxxy
12-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a good time to try it.

NathalieX66
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
I was at a crowded mall a month ago, in a denim midi-skirt, boots, grey tights, scarf & long sweater.
I walked the entire leghnth. I went up and down the escalator at Macys where there were mirrors all around. I was in plain sight of everyone, incliding kids, teenagers, you name it. it was VERY crowded.
I hardly got noticed, if at all. I didn't even notice people taking a double-take. If people didn't catch on, maybe they were trying to not be rude.

To say i want to do it again is an understatement.

divamissz
12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm really thinking about going shopping Thursday en femme. There's some boots I want to try and it would be easier wearing a skirt than trying to do it en homme and pants :P