PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!, I have hooded eyes

RachelF
12-08-2010, 08:19 AM
:OMG: I do not know how many years I have been with hooded eyes. I will need to take a look to old pictures. I never put attention to this detail.

It just happened that after several years of in/house bedroom crossdressing I am giving my first steps into makeup. I already shared in other post my first experience with my wife putting lipstick in my lips. I asked her to apply eyes makeup also, but she had been a little bit reluctant, so I decided to move by myself.

I saw several eye makeup videos and tried once. I noticed something was not working and that I had problems trying to replicate the techniques. I went back to see the videos and realized it: I can barely see my eyelids with open eyes !!!, even closing them there is still part of them covered. The skin bellow the eyebrows drops covering my eyelids !!!. I did my research and found out that this condition is called hooded eyes.

Besides having an additional challenge with my makeup learning, I am very surprised that my fem side found out something in my body that I never put attention to, even when I see my face several times during the day.

Isn't that great how our female side can bring new things to our lifes?.

Kisses, Rachel

linnea
12-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Although I have never heard of this condition before, I can imagine that it must give you some make-up challenges. I'm sure that you'll find plenty of advice from people in this forum.

renee k
12-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Hooded eyes can be corrected with a surgery called blephorplasty. Most insurances will pay for it. If can be shown it effects your vision. Get a test done from your eye doctor. I had my eye lids done two years ago.

RachR
12-08-2010, 08:38 AM
I too have hooded eyes. A year ago my optometrist pointed out that the skin was starting to droop and that I would need surgery at some point. My mother had the same issue and it caused her to lose a percentage of her peripheral vision. It happened slow enough that she didn't notice it happening. After surgery not only was she able to see again, but everyone told her she looked younger. Not sure when I'll need the surgery, but that's what's in my cards.

Like Renee said, get it checked out. Besides being a problem for makeup your vision may be suffering as well.

-Rachael

Dannigirl
12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I also have hooded eyes and have found quite a few web-sites that will help you out with make-up techniques, just jump on the google wagon and search for make-up techniques for hooded eyes. I was just messing around on the Mary Kay website and their beauty advisor program they have actually has a selection for those of us with hooded eyes. I also sometimes use tape to pull the skin up to "open" my eyes a little and pull my eyebrows up. You can also try covering your eyebrows and drawing them on again a little higher. Good luck.

RachelF
12-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks, I went today to the optometrist. She said it will get worst over time and if needed at some point she will recommend surgery. It is good to know it could be eventually covered by the insurance company.

Meanwhile I followed the recomendations and started to see several YouTube videos. I saw several relatively young women with the same condition.

Thanks for the valuable advice.

Kisses,

Rachel

Dannigirl
12-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Glad it is all working out for you. I did a "major" eye taping skin pull, self inflicted face lift today and it turned out pretty good. I have noticed that clear hockey tape seems to work great for taping everything !! It is quite sticky but doesn't leave a residue, stretches a tiny bit but not that much and also stays stuck fairly well when I perspire. Plus, it is cheaper than skin tape - 2 rolls cost me $3 and it has a gazillion feet on each roll. I will go and see about my eyes and vision etc... thanks for the tip on that, I wear glasses/lenses now and my prescription is still quite low but I noticed that I have to squint a little for distance and can't read close up as well, perhaps just getting old !!

RachelF
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Uhmmm, I will take a look to that tape, Danni. I hope it works well for me ... with all the fem shopping list every dollar saved counts, LOL ...

GingerLeigh
12-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Hooded eyes, yes I have them too. It's a pain to do makeup but there are websites that show you how to apply it properly. I think it's something like not too much eyeliner, only halfway across the bottom and none on the top lid. Use light coloured eyeshadow on lower side of your lids, and dark on the puffy droopy parts. Something like that anyhow.
I have always known I had "bedroom eyes" or "sleepy eyes", I inherited them from my mother. I never knew they could be troublesome except for applying makeup. Surgery? Oh my! I still have excellent peripheral vision, at least that's what my optometrist says.

Ginger

kymmieLorain
12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Well hooded eyes are a family trait with me, my sister, my dad, my kids , my cousins all have it. no big thing.

Kymmie

SometimesKathryn
12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Sigh, yes, I'm in the same boat here. My Mom had them, and several years ago she had the surgery (yes, insurance paid for it) The Dr. suggested to her that since he was doing that, that she'd might as well have a face lift if she wanted while he's there and working, (he included it on the same bill, so, ins. paid for it too!) so she did! LOL She was about 80 at the time.............she still gets compliments constantly telling her how young she looks.......................LOL

jacky83
12-14-2010, 11:53 PM
There are techniques on YouTube on how to use eye makeup to compensate for this problem. I have the same problem.