PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to Biltmore

Kim_Bitzflick
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I am so excited! I am going to the Biltmore estate (in Asheville, North Carolina). My loving wife has agreed to take me there (as Kim) and let me spend most of the weekend as Kim.

I already contacted Biltmore & they have no problem with me attending dressed as I like. I've been there before a couple times in the last year, but not as Kim. I am sooooo looking forward to this. We are planning to drive up Saturday, Dec. 18, tour the house, have a nice dinner and stay the night at a hotel. I'm not sure what else, but I think it will be great no matter what we do.

I don't plan to be in boy mode all weekend! I can even leave & return to the house as I am because the kids will be out of town.

Now...what to wear.........?????? I may do like Karen & wear a skirt in freezing weather.

Edit: See pics below & help me choose what to wear.

Update 12/20/10 I WENT!!!! See my thread in the special events section.

JohnH
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I never wear pants when I'm in girl mode! So in that respect I'm just like Karren.

John

sissystephanie
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Sounds like a real fun trip. I have been to the Biltmore House on several occasions, but never as Stephanie. BTW, I do wear pants (even jeans) when in girl mode. But for the Biltmore you should definitely wear a dress or nice skirt!!

Christie ann
12-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Sounds like someone has a great weekend coming up. And...I too vote for a dress or a skirt.

kym
12-08-2010, 01:30 PM
its gonna be cold there!!1 that said, I think a skirt or a dress would be the obvious choice.

kristinacd55
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Awesome! Love the Biltmore, went a few years back with my wife and daughters. (Of course, I wasn't enfemme!) Have a great time, and yes wear a nice wool dress and some warm tights!! :)

StacyCD
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
It's been a while since I've been to Biltmore house but check to see if they have any 'special' programs. Occasionally, a choir will be there to sing carols or some other event in the evening that is really worthwhile. Have fun! I'm very jealous!

Kim_Bitzflick
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I just bought a nice plaid (spelling?) skirt that is mid calf length. I think it would look good with my boots, but can I stand for over 2 hours in my boots? Also, I need a sweater to match it.

I also have a nice pair of black pants that make my butt look nice.

I'm still not sure.

Stacy, I know they have a special night time tour, but they want to charge another $50 per person - even with my season pass. I'd rather spend that on dinner with my wife.

Roberta Marie
12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I just bought a nice plaid (spelling?) skirt that is mid calf length. I think it would look good with my boots, but can I stand for over 2 hours in my boots? Also, I need a sweater to match it.

I also have a nice pair of black pants that make my butt look nice.

I'm still not sure.

Stacy, I know they have a special night time tour, but they want to charge another $50 per person - even with my season pass. I'd rather spend that on dinner with my wife.

Yes, absolutely. If your wife is nice enough to take you out on a date like this, she deserves that you take her someplace REALLY nice for dinner.

It sounds like you both will have a lot of fun.

Bobbi

Being Paige
12-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I hope you have the time of your life! You will have to let us know how everything went!
As for being dressed I am always in a dress or skirt, I only own one pair of jeans and have only worn then a few times.

joanna marie
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Remember if you don't post pictures of your trip then it never hapened

IamSara
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I am so excited for you hun!!! I wish I was going also. You have a great time and let us know how it goes.
By the way I live south of Greenville SC.

Hugs
Sarah

Southern Michele
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Have a wonderful time. The last time I was there was this time of year and while the gardens were not in bloom they had a lot of really cool Christmas trees decorated all over. That has been a long time but the last time I was there the wine at the winery was AWFUL. Please report on their progress. Have fun.

Andrea Renea
12-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Christmas is a special time at the Biltmore house. My wife and were there April 2009. It was her first time there. She walked me to death. Was not dressed enfemme. Thank goodness I wore my running shoes.

kimdl93
12-09-2010, 03:08 AM
Wow, Kim!!! That's so great. Enjoy the weekend with your wife. (I can't even begin to imagine how much fun it will be!) Dont bring one stitch of non-Kim Clothes and enjoy yourself. And make very sure that your wife is amply rewarded. (Of course, such rewards are always shared ;)

great news!

Kim

eluuzion
12-09-2010, 03:14 AM
hiya Kim,

I have never been to that "Biltmore". But I have been to the Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix many times for brunch, hehehe.:drink:

If you have as much fun at your "Biltmore", as I did eating brunch at my version of "The Biltmore"...you are in for a treat!

HaveFun/BeHappy !

:love:

charlene#2
12-09-2010, 05:32 AM
we will be waiting for your pictures of you on the grounds,such a great place.my wife and i went to biltmore a few years ago and i wore gloria vanderbilt jeans and pantyhose,no socks,dont know if any one noticed or not,hard not to going up and down all the steps.but have a great time and take pictures

Shannen
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Have fun you lucky girl!

AKADonna
12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
ALso, don't be afraid to dine out in nearby Asheville. It is quite active and busy and you will likely see all types of folks there - CD, TG, Lesbians, etc, etc,etc. It is quite a mixing bowl. I just told my girlfriend that of all the places where I would feel comfortable going en femme, Asheville would be near the top. Too bad it's not summer - they have a "Drum Bowl" in the center of town every Friday evening that attracts hundreds of people and lots of 'different' types, so blending there would not be a problem! Have a great time at the Biltmore!

Jordan
12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
wow sounds like a great time

jjjjohanne
12-11-2010, 10:01 AM
When I was in Asheville recently, I saw signs for the Biltmore house and thought that it would be a nice place to go dressed up. Have fun, be safe, and consider wearing flats!

Kim_Bitzflick
12-11-2010, 09:10 PM
So I promised pics of my choices. Here is my new plaid skirt with a couple sweaters (pink & Red). Also my new black pants. What do you think? Which should I wear?

Shannen
12-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Love that pink sweater! Don't know how well it goes with the plaid... that pic is kinda dark, but generally I avoid pink and red together. At this time of year that red sweater fits right in!

The black pants will go very nice with the pink, along with anything else. If it's cold they might end up being welcome, and there are just some situations where pants are more appropriate!

Oh heck, just pack everything you got in another suitcase and change outfits every few hours!!! :)

Patricia Jane
12-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I Think I would wear image photo number three, that to me, looks great. Have a good time. Your wife must is Special!

Starla
12-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I envy you and your trip -- if I could spend free time anywhere, it would be in Western NC. Love the mountains, and Asheville is a surprisingly liberal/tolerant city for the South. (Well, at least in comparison to many other southern cities, anyway.) The Biltmore, BTW, is where one of my favorite movies was filmed ("Being There"). Alas, poverty and my caretaker status for my Mother keep me ensconced in flat ol' Florida, where the only fall color I get to see is the lawn turning brown during the dry season, and I can only make a snowball by scraping the sides of the freezer. :(

insearchofme
12-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Take all three, you can never take too many clothes!

Terri Andrews
12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I was there last summer ,as Terri, and I wore capris to blend with the other girls

Kim_Bitzflick
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
OK, I'm shamelessly adding this comment to put this thread up front so people know that I finally made the trip and it is posted in the special events section.

jjjjohanne
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Post a link! :) Now I have to go find it. ughhh the work!!