PDA

View Full Version : Almost a problem

Leanne2
12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Yesterday I drove to a city an hour from home for my gender therapy session. Then after that I did what most girls would do; I went shopping. As I was driving to the mall I saw a Dress Barn store in a strip mall. I had heard of this chain but had never seen one so I went in to check it out.
Once inside I noticed the similarity to the Cato stores that are in my home town. I tried on some skirts that I liked but didn't buy them because I was supposed to be Christmas shopping for my daughter in law. On the way out I found the cutest pair of palazzo pants that would be the perfect gift. At the checkout I wrote an out of town check. As the SA entered the information on the screen it told her to type in my DL number. She did that while looking at my license. I can do that en fem because I have a unisex first name and my license photo is fem. If someone looks close enough my DL lists me as male but most people don't look at that unless something is wrong.
The screen kept rejecting my check. The SA had to call for the manager. I thought that I might get busted at the front of the checkout line. The manager did everything again and then swatted the side of the check printer with her hand. The machine did it's thing and the SA handed me the receipt while saying," Ma'am, I am so sorry for this problem." I thanked her and walked out with a smile on my face. The next time I am in that town I'll be sure to shop there again. Leanne

GaleWarning
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
You still pay by check (cheque, for the UK)?

I have never been to the USA, but I would have thought that electronic money transfer methods by card would be used there.

Just enter your PIN and voila! you've paid for the item.

Saves time and hassle at the checkout.

Christie ann
12-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Isn't it always something. Our minds always tell us that we "are caught" when really there was some failure in the machine. Still, going out is totally worth it.

joank
12-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I use a debit card and still have been asked for ID. I use my male DL and there has never been a problem.. I still have been waiting to use the 'I did my hair different' line, but I have had no reason yet. Money talks loouder than anything else in the business world.

Roberta Marie
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I really like Dress Barn. My favorite Dress Barn story didn't even happen in Dress Barn, but in a church Ladies Room. Before church service a while back, I think it was the second time I had attended 1st Grace, I went downstairs to use the Ladies Room. As I walked in, there was a woman fixing her makeup at the mirror. I found the first empty stall and did my business. The woman was still primping when I rinsed my hands off at the sink, and she stopped and looked me over, then exclaimed "Hey!" I braced for a negative reaction. "I know you," she exclaimed! "You shop at Dress Barn, don't you?" "Yeah," I responded, "but not in a year or so." "I thought so," she said. "I never forget a face. I use to work there."

We chatted for a few moments, then walked out together and headed to the Sanctuary for service.

Bobbi

Christy_M
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I thought it was just me but everytime something comes up when I am doing something for Christy I naturally assume it is becasue they are calling the authorities behind the scenes while they make me wait helplessly until the "problem" gets resolved. I think this is called paranoia. Every time (so far) I have been allowed to go about my business without being taken away by the anti-TG police.

And so I know one day, I will hear over the loud speaker: "CAN I GET A PRICE CHECK ON THE LARGE NYLON PANTIES FOR THE MAN AT REGISTER 6, PLEASE?" :)

Leanne2
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Christy,
That is so true! LOL No one has to explain to me the meaning of the word impostor. If I was busted I was going to ask," Is there a law against dressing fashionably in this store? Luckily I didn't have to use that line. Leanne

joank
12-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I thought it was just me but everytime something comes up when I am doing something for Christy I naturally assume it is becasue they are calling the authorities behind the scenes while they make me wait helplessly until the "problem" gets resolved. I think this is called paranoia. Every time (so far) I have been allowed to go about my business without being taken away by the anti-TG police.

And so I know one day, I will hear over the loud speaker: "CAN I GET A PRICE CHECK ON THE LARGE NYLON PANTIES FOR THE MAN AT REGISTER 6, PLEASE?" :)

I have had that happen to me at Marshlle's and Kolh's. No big announcemnt but I did have a the line back up while the price check was taking place. No big deal but I was concerned about being read but I probably was anyway. Everyhting worked out and both times it was for some killer priced heels.

JohnH
12-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Reminds me of a Golden Girls episode where they are going on a cruise ship and they are shopping for condoms. The clerk talks over the PA system for a price check.

Bootsiegalore
12-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Some stores here clone your card and steall your pin and clean your bank account out at an ATM. It happened to me and my wife on the same weekend they got $2K and it took 5 days for the bank to put the money back. So using PIN number = BAD here!

Sheila11
12-09-2010, 01:33 AM
I always use cash. Wifey can see the results in the credit card bill.