PDA

View Full Version : "You're lucky it wasn't her panties or something like that."

Christy_M
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
So I got a new wig and I was playing around with it while driving to work the other day. When I got into the office, I had the net material that came on the wig in my shirt pocket. I took it out and laid it on my desk not thinking about it. One of my coworkers (our Director of Engineering) came into my office yesterday and said (at the end of our meeting) "is that a hair net?" I said, "Oh yeah, my wife's. It must have ended up in the laundry becasue I found it on my clothes this morning. Then the aformentioned comment in the post title.

Or course the rush from the lie and trying to see if it was believable and if they know it just isn't plausible. Not another word mentioned though. Who else has found themselves explaining something that just didn't seem like a big deal until it was found? And with whom?

Shelly Preston
12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Its not the best comment but you did well to at least think of that given the unexpected question

Lynn Marie
12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Ahh, the many skills of the modern American man. Thinking quick while on your feet is definitely one of them.

JulieC
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
When we were teenagers, a friend of mine got caught with a pair of pantyhose in his jacket pocket, by a bunch of mutual friends. The ridicule was intense. He attempted to brush it off by saying he was using them for kite tails. I never saw him fly a kite. Ever.

Southern Michele
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I am not sure I would buy that from an engineer. A new filter material maybe.:heehee:

Stephanie Anne
12-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Next time try "No. Yours?"

Christy_M
12-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I am not sure I would buy that from an engineer. A new filter material maybe.:heehee:

If I was smart like an Engineer, I could have come up with a better story...as it is, I am just a dumb ops person. :(

Chickhe
12-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Once at work I felt something funny in my pant leg and I pulled it out. It was a dryer sheet. A few laughs from co-workers and some stories about finding a sock from someone.

sterling12
12-08-2010, 08:02 PM
"It's a special fishnet for my goldfish, during The Water Change when I transfer them out of the bowl." Heck, he's an Engineer; they always go for new "gimmicky" doo-dads. He might even believe that! If he nods knowingly, and rubs his pipe on the side of his nose...it's "problem solved!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

kimdl93
12-09-2010, 02:54 AM
the average guy wouldn't have noticed a hair net - perhaps your Director of engineering has something to hide!

siantv2003
12-09-2010, 04:45 AM
the average guy wouldn't have noticed a hair net - perhaps your Director of engineering has something to hide!

Thats just what I was thinking ...

Mistybtm
12-09-2010, 05:55 AM
If I was smart like an Engineer, I could have come up with a better story...as it is, I am just a dumb ops person. :(

Smart Engineers :laughing: :fs: wow what a fantasy world we live in.

janet p
12-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Once my exwife and her mother were looking in my pickup which had side pockets in the doors with zippers and at the time this was where I kept my stash until I could get them in the house. When the mother-in-law opened one she found a pair of panties and all I said was our friend Dave (he was cheating on his wife) had used the truck that weekend and they must have be longed to one of his girlfriends. They seemed to believed it because nothing else was ever said.

sharli61
12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
many years ago i was teaching a class and during lecture i was roaming the room when i felt something in my pant leg. i discreetly jiggled my pant leg and a pair of my wife's (honest) very frilly, net panties fell out. i never missed a beat just bent over and picked up and into pocket. I don't think the class of 30 high school students even noticed.