PDA

View Full Version : some help getting started

cd_isabelle
09-13-2005, 10:33 PM
hello all,

so here i am signed up and ready to brave the world.

just how does a girl like me get started in this new world.

i am 21 and from melbourne australia and would like to make the best of my situation while i am young and can pull it off to some extent.

my question is, where do i find others with a similar passion who can be of an assistance and helpful, supportive?

where can i find clothes, makeup, wigs, accessories in a safe environment?

where and what do i need to do to become the young girl i long to be.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

any melbourne girls who can offer help, please make yourselves known

kisses,

cd_isabelle

carson
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
hello all,

so here i am signed up and ready to brave the world.

just how does a girl like me get started in this new world.

i am 21 and from melbourne australia and would like to make the best of my situation while i am young and can pull it off to some extent.

my question is, where do i find others with a similar passion who can be of an assistance and helpful, supportive?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

kisses,

cd_isabelle

Hey there darlin'. You've come to the right place. We all have or have had the same questions as you. Just peruse the threads, jump in any time and all will be answered in time. Also, you might want to check out the Beauty Forum for some good techniques on transforming yourself. Glad you're here. Welcome to our nutty little family. :welcom:

christine55
09-13-2005, 11:11 PM
There is a very large, vibrant crossdressing community in Australia.
Best Wishes, Hugs, Christine

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-14-2005, 02:15 AM
The Australian Tranny Guide (http://www.tgfolk.net/sites/gtg/) should give you a good list of resources, including many t-friendly businesses.

As far as shopping, there may be an actual "tranny shop" near you. However, if you shop there realize you're often paying a "privacy tax" -- i.e. higher prices, and sometimes second-rate goods. There are some proprietors who really care about the community and some out to make a buck off a vulerable population, so let the buyer beware.

For clothing, if you're shy, you can shop from catalogs or online. Since you'll initially be unsure about your sizes (women's sizing is quite variable), it's useful to order more than one size of something and send back the one that doesn't fit. GGs do this all the time. Once you build up a bit of confidence and knowledge of your sizes, you can always go to stores and buy something for your "girlfriend."

For make-up, go to MAC Cosmetics, who are extremely t-friendly -- RuPaul is their spokes(wo)man. Here in the States you can schedule a private makeover as long as you agree to buy a certain amount of product. MAC is a bit pricy, so I wouldn't buy everything from them, but their foundations are excellent for CDs. If you get a make-over, be sure to take photos so you can re-create the look.

A good wig is an investment, so it's best if you can go in person. Breast forms are also pricy, but there's plenty of alternatives (including the traditional stuffing with socks) to get you started.

Have fun!

Tristen Cox
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Right here's a good start :)

Online unless you know of some local TG friendly places or have the courage to get out and shop.

Look on the member list for Celeste in Melbourne, she has her own shop and may be of help to you ;)