PDA

View Full Version : I'm never going out in DRAG again.....

Karren H
12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
That's it.... I'm done.... Not ever again! I bought a new dress last week and it fit fine and I loved the color but it was way way way to young for me to wear out in public... And I thought.... Who am I trying to fool.... I'm no spring chick and particularly not a girl any more... When I drove home enfemme Tuesday I dressed more my age. Womanly. Not girly.. So no more going out in drag.... I'm going out in draf.... Dressed as a female or draw... Dressed as a woman... And since I'm making changes when I change back I'm going back to dram... Dressed as a man! Lol. Yeah dressing young is fun but when your my age.... Its not pretty!! Who's with me??

marykrissmithcd
12-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Here, here. I'm with you. As a 57 year old, I always dress my age; but old and frumpy. The modern business woman look. Maybe a cocktail dress to go to the Kennedy Center in. Little girl clothes don't make it.

Marianne

JohnH
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Karren,

You are one of the most GG-looking participants in this forum! If anybody would be able to go out in DRAG it would be you!

John

Michaella
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Sounds right to me. My therapist reminded me that the definition of a girl is a female under 18, and I do not qualify on either count. I suspect I'm never going out again in DRAF or DRAW either mind you, but that would have to be the way if I did go out. Now as for private wear, oh, allow us still our fantasies in both gender and age.

And there is the matter those males who dress as boys. Really pretty silly.

Michaella

marykrissmithcd
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Sorry, should have been not old and frumpy.

Karren H
12-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Karren,

You are one of the most GG-looking participants in this forum! If anybody would be able to go out in DRAG it would be you!

John

I wish but I will pass your compliments to the female stunt double I hired to wear my clothes and take photos of! A little on the expensive but the results are awesome! :D

joank
12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Dress your age, yep. If you are trying to blend, do so. I still am sorry about missing out on poddle skirts and bobbie socks but unless its a costume party-----.
This morning I wanted to purchase some clasps for a necklace and blending, I wore slacks, loafers, yellow cable knit sweater and light coat with scarf. Still was over dressed in qulaity to most of the GG's but did not scream out 'Man in a Dress'. Jo Ann's fabrics had the hardwear and it was a nice outing. Dressing your age has an advantage when going public (but not nearly as much fun).

LisaM
12-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I am totally with you--I always dress my age but I always dream about what could have been.

Jorja
12-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Dressing your age has an advantage when going public (but not nearly as much fun).

Now that depends on your definition of fun. :)

Tomara
12-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Well Karren,
The way I see it you don't look a day over 30 , so just enjoy yourself !

Christy_M
12-09-2010, 04:47 PM
i´ll draw with you, Karren :)

Tranny Tee
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Grannie panties and support hose can be quite sexy. Don't give up too soon.

RebeccaLynne
12-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Karren, I can SO relate...my younger (and cuter) days are a pleasant memory, yet are removed from the harsh reality of the present.:daydreaming:

That being said, even into my mid-fifties, the girl within still resonates...only my skirts and dresses are longer...as befits the woman I've become!:heehee:

Michelle James
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
That's it.... I'm done.... Not ever again! I bought a new dress last week and it fit fine and I loved the color but it was way way way to young for me to wear out in public... And I thought.... Who am I trying to fool.... I'm no spring chick and particularly not a girl any more... When I drove home enfemme Tuesday I dressed more my age. Womanly. Not girly.. So no more going out in drag.... I'm going out in draf.... Dressed as a female or draw... Dressed as a woman... And since I'm making changes when I change back I'm going back to dram... Dressed as a man! Lol. Yeah dressing young is fun but when your my age.... Its not pretty!! Who's with me??

That's the way I've been all along. Now perhaps we could discuss womens jeans and pants. LOL

AllieSF
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I do not like your definition for "DRAM", Dressed As A Man. I prefer to use "Dessed As Me"! You alays start the craziest threads. Did they teach you that at college, or did the cold weather up there finally take its toll on you?

Karren H
12-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I do not like your definition for "DRAM", Dressed As A Man. I prefer to use "Dessed As Me"! You alays start the craziest threads. Did they teach you that at college, or did the cold weather up there finally take its toll on you?

I don't remember much about what college taught me.... Except how to drink! Same as you learned!! :)

jacky83
12-09-2010, 05:24 PM
If you dress your age similar to what the average middle aged genetic woman wears (jeans and a T shirt or a sweat shirt) it winds up being pretty much what we wear in guy mode. There might be a flower or butterfly on the shirt however.

Jennifer in CO
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
What Rebecca said... 115 pounds and a size 8 was a LONG time ago!!!

Jenn

Kate Simmons
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
It is what it is Karr. I'm thinking about going out DRAC (dressed as a cat) myself.:battingeyelashes::)

dilane
12-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Karen,

I agree. The only way to free yourself from your sin is to send the dress to me ASAP.

PM me for delivery details.

-- Diane

PS: Please send next day air.

Misty G
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Not in this life time . . .at almost 60 i still prefer short

Cari
12-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I actually prefer dressing my age; there are allot of very well dressed attractive women in their 50's and beyond.
Look at Jaquelyn Smith or the doc on House. I like the better fabrics; young girls clothes dont feel as good to me.

Women are looking and dresssing better allot longer than they used to.
When I was in my 20's there were no cougars and very few MILF's

Women are aging better and I intend to be one of them :-)
Not being a spring chicken aint all bad.

Jilmac
12-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I know where you're coming from Karren. At my age (collecting Social Security) I should be dressing the part of a granny. At home I'll wear my minis and sexy junior tops but going out I will dress more Jill's age, which is about 15 years younger than her male counterpart.

Christinedreamer
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
try this: DRAG= DRessed As Goddess

Julogden
12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
It depends on why you're dressing. If you're trying to convincingly present yourself in the manner of an average female of your age, then we want to blend. But it isn't necessary to go boring or ugly, just try to stay away from stuff you see in Cosmo on one extreme and a plain t-shirt and jeans on the other. We don't HAVE to go with a t-shirt and jeans, as Jackie 83 mentioned.

If one doesn't care about how they're perceived by others and the thrill is the main reason for dressing, then I guess anything is an option. I remember a local "girl" I used to see around town occasionally who was in her late 80's and her typical outfit was a minidress, maybe fishnets, crazily-high heels and a long blond showgirl wig. She was having fun, and was well tolerated, at least in the club scene. I don't think she dressed like that for going to the grocery store though. :)

Carol

kimdl93
12-09-2010, 06:19 PM
I like to at least believe that I'm dressing in an age appropriate, and situation appropriate manner. If we're haning around on the patio I'll wear a little cotton skirt and a halter top. When I'm working, Its business causal and top and if I really want to feel dressed up, one of my nicer sweater dresses with a belt, stockings and heels. And if we're getting ready for bed, I have been know to don a garter, black stockings and a lacy bra or a teddy. Depending all upon my mood and my wife's.

Alice Torn
12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Mary Kriss, you don't look old or frumpy, in your avatar! Wow! Nothing beats a LBD, hose and high heels!

JenniferB
12-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Excellent point made here.
I see WAY too many Cd's NOT dressing their age. Perhaps if they did dress their age, there would be more acceptance in public?

Debra Russell
12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
It's always been my intention to dress age appropriate as I really want to mingle and be in public but it is so much fun to dress up a little more for special occasions and wear a little more reaveling or daring clothes!

msniki48
12-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Well ohh sarcarstic goddess that you are.! :battingeyelashes: NOW you want to be the voice of reason????? :eek: OK OK OK i'm in your draw camp:heehee:

you win:doh:

hugs
ps i'm going to have to change my signature pic now....thanks a lot! ;)

Stephanie Anne
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I say man up and wear that too young dress. It's not like you have any reason not to. I could see if you were wearing teenage fashion to work and you were say 70 but as you are just going out for self enjoyment, what's the harm?

sabrinaedwards
12-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Karren, just looking at your photo, you look very feminine. I will not philosophise here but you should do what you are comfortable with doing. You do not mention your age and I would not ask someone their age, so just dress the appropriate age. Again, I think that you look great!
Love, Sabrina

Alice B
12-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Save the dress. The mood will strike you (and you know it) and then it will be there for you. Better yet, put it on and send us a picture.

docrobbysherry
12-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm nearly 14 as a CD. But, dressing that young is REDICULOUS!:eek:

So, I've devised a FORMULA for ALL CDs to "dress their age"!:thumbsup:

First, subtract your CD age from your cronological age! (Mine's, about 60).:brolleyes:

60 minus 14= 46

Then, divide by the number of folks involved in your dressed. ( In my case, 2. Sherry and I)

46 divided by 2= 23

There u have it! I SHOULD PROPERLY dress as a 23 y/o! Which, I VOW TO DO from now on! :D
( No more 14 y/o's. Unless I dress as a 38 y/o the VERY NEXT time!):straightface:

Whew! I'm GLAD THAT issue is FINALLY SETTLED! Can we move on now!?:)

Sheila11
12-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I always dress my age. I just had my 22nd 29th birthday.

SuzanneBender
12-09-2010, 09:59 PM
OMG does this mean that we may see Karren Hutton walking down the street in a pair of jeans and a comfy sweater! Better yet one of those Christmas sweaters with the giant moose on it wearing a Santa Hat?

I gave up the hoochie dresses a couple of years back. I made a rule for myself. If I don't want to see my daughter or wife in it then I won't wear it.

Karren you may dress older but class has always been your style. Stylish class has no age dear.

Danielle/Mo
12-09-2010, 11:22 PM
I agree with Karen. My teens and 20's are far behind me. Sometimes I get upset thinking about what I could have been or how far I might have went with this If I could have went out in public sooner. If it were as socialy acceptable when I was younger as It is now, who knows where i would be now. For now I just try to dress a late 30's earlyto mid 40's look, even though I am alittle older.

Melinda G
12-09-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm never going out in DRAG again.....
Geez. What got into you. You were my hero....until this. This whole thing is a fantasy for most of us, so go all the way hon! I'm not attracted to frumps, so why would I dress like one? I dress for me, and to entertain myself. If you got it, flaunt it while you still can! And lets not hear any more of this frump talk.:battingeyelashes:

charlie
12-09-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm 60 and came to the same conclusion until I went on a Carnival Cruise to Mexico. All the older ladies were going to the clubs on board in short skirts. And they looked hot. I now try to look like they did.

linnea
12-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm with you, Karren! I don't think that you look all that old, but I'm trying to dress "age appropriate" mayself--not frumpy or matronly, just in styles that are befitting of my maturity--lol!

seyken
12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
You got the look so fluant it while you can
You are as young as your heart is.
Life is too short to dress like a grandma.
I am sure that in your heart you would like to dress as you want,So who cares if the dress is young as long as you gain your personal satisfaction,My motto would be dress as you want and not someones pereption of what you should look like

Missy Tanya
12-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I like Docrobbysherry "FORMULA", I will have to carry ID now!! Lol.. I feel much younger dress than as a male. Maybe because I spent most my life as a male and the feminine side is just starting to show herself. So when other estimate my age at around 40, Woo, hoo!! I'm not going to tell them anything different, girls lie don't they.. So if dressing somewhat younger than I'm really am, makes me feel younger, what the heck. I'm going sexier, shorter, more relieving.. Not..well not all the time anyway..

Tanya

Melinda G
12-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Please yourself Hon. No one else is going to.

Lissa Stevens
12-10-2010, 12:02 AM
I've pretty much always dressed to my actual age. I just feel more natural and comfortable that way.

Emme
12-10-2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?u=69428&dateline=1291956894&type=profile WDW Well dressed woman

That is what my wife finally said the other day when my new dress arrived.

I am almost 67 and very tall. When I am seen in public I want them to see WDW and go wow she is tall!

If I could only walk and talk!!!

marny
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Am i correct thinking the implecation of DRAG is 'dressesd as girly'? :D

Melinda G
12-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Stop whineing and feeling sorry for yourself. Get into a mini skirt and heels and get with the program!:eek:

LitaKelley
12-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Dress my age... YUCK... MOST of the women around here my age are dumpy frumpy baggy pants droopy saggy boobs skanks and NO WAY I'm dressing like that.. Summer is even worse.. OMG.. horrendous.. MOO MOOS and flip flops... YUCK

Dress my age? It makes me think of.. whaddya call those... um.. MOM PANTS I think they are.. the ones with no button or zipper and the elastic wasit band.. YUCK... Granny pants.. YUCK...

Elsa Larson
12-10-2010, 04:26 AM
I knew I had arrived when a GG friend described my look as MATRONLY !

Rianna Humble
12-10-2010, 05:53 AM
And lets not hear any more of this frump talk.:battingeyelashes:

Just because we choose to dress according to out age, does not make us look frumpy. Granted some people will choose that look, but I dress to my age and none of the girls at work have ever accused me of being a frump.

Dress my age... YUCK... MOST of the women around here my age are dumpy frumpy baggy pants droopy saggy boobs skanks and NO WAY I'm dressing like that..

If you haven't got any decent examples of "dressing your age" then I can see how you would make those comments. None of that has to apply. There are plenty of women my age who dress well - according to an Italian friend who could make a fashion statement dressed only in a horse blanket I am one of them.

I've pretty much always dressed to my actual age. I just feel more natural and comfortable that way.

I did try some stuff that was too young for me, but I soon realised that it wasn't my style, so I'm with Lissa on this one.

eluuzion
12-10-2010, 06:11 AM
One of the tricks to being a successful "control freak" or “functional sociopath” is to master the self-deceptive ability to convince yourself that you always have options to choose from, even in cases where none exist, :heehee:.

This topic happens to be one of those cases. Common logic steers most people toward the belief that adjusting our clothing to reflect age appropriate appearances is just one of the inevitable consequences of the aging process.

Hey, not in my world…
I look at it this way…
It is a simple problem that can be resolved easily.
Basically, when you reach that point in life, you have two options…

You can admit you are old, and spend $150 bucks on a membership card for AARP…

Or, you can do what I plan to do…

You can use that same $150 bucks to buy Adobe Photoshop, and “stay young” forever.

Hey, life is all about “perception”…especially on the Internet…:D:heehee::D

:hugs:

erickka
12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm no spring chicken either, thus I usually try to look age appropriate. It also really helps a lot if you like to "fly under the radar" so to speak.

Jenny Doolittle
12-10-2010, 09:11 AM
I know exactly what you mean Karen, I am in my mid 50's and even though maybe in my mind on a good day I think I can pull off a 35ish year old woman, I sure ain't no spring chicken I would like to be.

But, with all that said, it is nice to dress and be accepted as a woman out and about and I love chatting with girls as I go shopping.

Claire Cook
12-10-2010, 09:37 AM
When I drove home enfemme Tuesday I dressed more my age. Womanly. Not girly.. So no more going out in drag.... I'm going out in draf.... Dressed as a female or draw... Dressed as a woman... And since I'm making changes when I change back I'm going back to dram... Dressed as a man! Lol. Yeah dressing young is fun but when your my age.... Its not pretty!! Who's with me??

Karren, not to DRAG this out but I think we can DRAW our conclusions ... I'm with you -- when I dress my age (OMG 67 -- OK I'll go for 50... !) I feel more comfortable, and I think others relate to me better. So much for my post-pubescent fantasies ... I may feel like a blossoming post-teen, but don't look it!

Here, here. I'm with you. As a 57 year old, I always dress my age; but old and frumpy. The modern business woman look. Maybe a cocktail dress to go to the Kennedy Center in. Little girl clothes don't make it. Marianne

Marianne, no worries -- as always, you look great! As noted, no way old and frumpy!

Randee
12-10-2010, 10:31 AM
How about DAMIS "Dressed as my inner self" Dressing age appropriate has no appeal. Who would I be trying to fool? Certainly not me. No I think I will just keep slipping into the things that I found titillating to wear in my younger years and remember how exciting they felt the first time I wore them. In private.

Tina B.
12-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes I will start dressing my age, but where do I get those polyester pant suits? Karren, where did you get yours?
Tina B.
Well I'm only 66 maybe when I get old I will start dressing my age!
Tina B.

Chickhe
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Sometimes I feel exactly like you do... I see the wrinkles on my face and hair that doesn't have that youth fullness and I am reminded of this 80 year old I saw wearing a youthful sun dress once and it just didn't work... but isn't drag short for 'dress as grandma'? not saying either of us are ready to go there...yet.

JenniferB
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
No I think I will just keep slipping into the things that I found titillating to wear in my younger years and remember how exciting they felt the first time I wore them. In private.
There's the key - "in private". If that's what you do, more power to ya. Just don't do it in public. Please...

SherriePall
12-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Karren -- I prefer to dress HIL (how I look). If your body and face are younger than your age, then don't be afraid to dress a little younger than you are. And at my age, no matter how I dress it is always younger than my age. BTW, several years back I went to a rather upscale clothing store and was looking at some of the junior fashions when a middle aged SA came over to me and told me that "those are junior fashions!" and immediately directed me to the fashions she thought I should buy (which I didn't). To top things off she probably didn't think I could afford the clothes there (yea, she was right -- not even the sales rack).

Melinda G
12-10-2010, 04:56 PM
"Age Appropriate" sounds too much like "Politically Correct", and not much fun.

carhill2mn
12-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I haven't been able to go out "drag" for many years. "Draw" is definitely me; although I prefer the term "en femme".

Aleca
12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
I totally agree with you. You will look and feel a lot more natural. When I first started dressing it was all kinds of frilly stuff, glam. I look back and realize how ridiculous I looked. It took me a little while but realized that real women do not wear stuff like this. I decided, one that I wanted to dress like a real woman and dress my age. I began to carefully shop around for the right wig and color for what fit me. Didn't have to be long, curly hair, could be short as long as it looked right. Now when I talk about going out dressed, it is blouse, top and jeans.

Karren H
12-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Or how about.... DAAFFI..... Dressed as a fearless female imitation!! And I am daffy!! :D

Kaz
12-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Karren, I love you to bits, but you tend to think and overanalyse too much! (or is that me?)

Dress as you want to be!

I know what I want to wear, and I know what I don't want to wear too...

I would suggest we both dress "old" and share... just to see what it looks like! But then we would have to buy the gear that we don't want to!

And what fun is that? xx

Rianna Humble
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't mind whether you call it:

Womanly Is Natural
Lovely Outside Special Everytime
or
Dressed As a Woman

They'll still be my clothes!

Terricd48
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Dressing sure makes this older gurl feel much younger.But if you don't want to draw to much attention its much better to dress appropiate for your real age.But some of us love the attention.

Terri

Carly D
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Agreed..