PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck is this Squirrel Stuff?

Traci Elizabeth
12-11-2010, 01:06 AM
I must have slept through the leture or am TOO old but a lot of you refer to yourselves as "squirrels" as it relates to having SRS. What in Tar-Nation is that about? Please explain so I too can enjoy the humor!

Lion
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Maybe it's a reference to having all your nuts in order?? Beats me.

AllieSF
12-11-2010, 01:27 AM
I only know of one squirrel here, Zenith, who, yes, recently completed her GRS.

Chickhe
12-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Doesn't it mean attractive appearing woman?...

pamela_a
12-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Ask Julie (Zenith). She's the only squirrel I know of on this forum and she had that long before her GCS.

Andy66
12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Awww... squirrels are adorable. :)

CharleneT
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM

. . . depends, if they have gnawned their way into your attic and are dis-assembling your rafters one by one .....

damn rodents !!

BUT JZ, she's a sweet squirrel, never gnaws the wiring in the house or anything like that ! :lol2:

TerryTerri
12-11-2010, 02:40 PM

I agree with Charlene. It's a matter of perspective. I have 8 mature pecan trees and am usually pretty annoyed by their theft of my pecans! (notice I didn't say nuts! lol!)
And, I also agree the our resident squirre,l Zenith, is about as gorgeous, adorable and wonderful as they come!!!

pamela_a
12-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Tree Rats. They look great in the crosshairs of a scope, just before you pull the trigger and rid the world of another one

Karen564
12-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Tree Rats. They look great in the crosshairs of a scope, just before you pull the trigger and rid the world of another one

I can so relate to this...:lol:

except I called them rats with fluffy tails....

Jules is OK though, but I'm not gonna be the one that tells her she's not Really a squirrel.....she may go nuts on me....LOL

suzy1
12-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Squirrels = vermin

pamela_a
12-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Jules is OK though, but I'm not gonna be the one that tells her she's not Really a squirrel.....she may go nuts on me....LOL

You're so right with this Karen. Julie is a sweetheart and I would have to say she'd be the 1 squirrel I'd make an exception for.

Melinda G
12-11-2010, 06:55 PM
"Taste like chicken"

Karen564
12-11-2010, 07:25 PM
"Taste like chicken"

LOL.....Yeh, but greasier...

pamela_a
12-11-2010, 07:38 PM
IMHO you just insultedl the taste of chicken. Squirrel always tasted "gamier" and was stringer than chicken although I've normally had grey.. Red may be different

Melissa A.
12-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Please don't try to tell me you girls have ingested squirrel...Oh gawd...now I'm hearing banjos...

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Stephanie Anne
12-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Squirrels are vermin lite. You want real evil, try living in an area overrun by raccoon. Like Night of the Living Dead meets The Three Stooges and nobody is safe.

Maybe we should make up something on how squirrels are associated with SRS. Lets see... squirrel away nuts, they take away nuts with srs so squirrel is a metaphor for the loss of nuts. There question answered.

Danni Bear
12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Squirrels are vermin lite. You want real evil, try living in an area overrun by raccoon. Like Night of the Living Dead meets The Three Stooges and nobody is safe.

Maybe we should make up something on how squirrels are associated with SRS. Lets see... squirrel away nuts, they take away nuts with srs so squirrel is a metaphor for the loss of nuts. There question answered.

Steph,
you can add possums and armadillos to that list of varmits we can live without. LOL

Danni

kym
12-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Steph,
you can add possums and armadillos to that list of varmits we can live without. LOL

Danni

thye provide me with plenty of target practice though Danni.

sandra-leigh
12-12-2010, 12:01 AM
When you have a well-grown Oak tree in your yard, you learn to appreciate squirrels: every few years, oak trees produce an abundance of mast, and if the squirrels didn't chow down on the acorns, new oak trees would try to grow up all over the place.

Now if only I could train the squirrels to eat elm seeds. Elm are a nice stately tree when grown, but they grow like weeds; their seeds are so thin that they will literally grow in a place you scraped 1/16" of mud off of your boots. They grew in eavestroughs, on door mats, in cracks, under the fence. They are worse than poplar that way: poplar cotton doesn't root as easily. On the other hand, if you pull up an oak by hand, you are rid of it, whereas poplar will regrow completely if you leave any of the root in the ground.

Squirrels are not much of a vermin around here; they chow down on the oak mast, and on pine cones, and on crab apples, but they leave most other things alone. The Eastern Cottontail rabbits, though... those eat veggies and flowers and rose bushes and young trees. Still, I mostly leave them alone, as they also like to eat young dandelions, which saves me a bunch of weeding.

jennifer easton
12-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I can't believe no one has heard of the correlation between the name silken squirrel and the silkiness of the little bush also know as the landing strip or the pubic area, I could be wrong,but I maybe right (I think theres a song in there some where) it just maybe a loonatic your looking for, ah bartender one more Vodka and cranberry please! whooaah!!

Zenith
12-12-2010, 12:21 AM
New to this thread...:eg:

discoveringsophia
12-12-2010, 12:56 AM
While I know you folks are all having fun, I just want to interject that squirrels (and racoons) are incredibly intelligent and dextrous beings who share this earth with us.

I was recently listening to someone decry a particular pest that is not entirely common: the stink bug. The stink bug is annoying purely by being prolific. However, they are also annoying because, as the "decryer" said, "they damage the apple harvest". Now I love apples as much as the next person, but I have to say that this really galled me.

On reflection, I realized that we regularly apply this kind of logic to all sorts of animals: "that critter carries X disease;" "that varmint damages the environment". Stop and think about that for a couple minutes... Replace "critter" and "varmint" with "human"... Are you disturbed yet?

Humans are just another blight on this planet and it is incredibly short-sighted of us to denigrate any other species for doing what it can to survive.

Think of this in terms of how you deal with the world as a transgendered person. A significant number of non-transpeople would be inclined to lump us in with "critters" and "varmints". In fact, my lovely wife just finished a vampire novel novel in which the main vampire character confesses his vamp-ish-ness to his love interest. As he prepares, the young lady says "oh no, you aren't going to tell me you wear women's clothes, are you?"

Sorry to ramble, but these are all related. You cannot dispense hate to anyone without bringing negative feelings on yourself.

As I wrote elsewhere:

We are what we think.
All that we are arises from our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispells hate.
This is the truth,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

- Dhammapadda, "Choices", condensed from stanzas 1 and 5.

Zenith
12-12-2010, 01:18 AM
While I know you folks are all having fun, I just want to interject that squirrels (and racoons) are incredibly intelligent and dextrous beings who share this earth with us...

:yt:

Karen564
12-12-2010, 01:20 AM
:yt:

Yeah that What .....:lol:

You see, I deleted my post so wouldn't block your sign...lol

Here's that post that was blocking you...

New to this thread...:eg:

Your so cute you silly squirrel you.... :Zenith:

Zenith
12-12-2010, 01:22 AM

Ahahahahahhaha she is using my smiley... :Zenith:

discoveringsophia
12-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Love you Zenith!

Karen564
12-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Ahahahahahhaha she is using my smiley... :Zenith:

Yup !! :)

I don't have my own smilely..:sad:

Zenith
12-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah that What .....:lol:

You see, I deleted my post so wouldn't block your sign...lol

Here's that post that was blocking you...

And I modified my post to include the quote...ahhhhhhh...we are caught in a BB equivalent of a mobius strip...:eek:

Zenith
12-12-2010, 01:35 AM
All right you humans...how many of you could get a free candy bar out of a machine(at the end)? Hmmmmmm??? :battingeyelashes:

nWU0bfo-bSY

Karen564
12-12-2010, 02:14 AM
And I modified my post to include the quote...ahhhhhhh...we are caught in a BB equivalent of a mobius strip...:eek:

I know....too funny though...my stomach hurts...:lol:

All right you humans...how many of you could get a free candy bar out of a machine(at the end)? Hmmmmmm??? :battingeyelashes:

Maybe I couldn't do that...
But not all sqirrels have your brains ...some got displaced...:D

M5-d3rZZ-_M

Melody Moore
12-12-2010, 02:19 AM
All right you humans...how many of you could get a free candy bar out of a machine(at the end)? Hmmmmmm???That was cute LOL :heehee:

juligirl1984
12-12-2010, 04:22 AM

lol thats core.

Aprilrain
12-12-2010, 01:23 PM
So what's a squirrel then? Other than the previously overly discussed small furry rodent.

Nicole Erin
12-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Just a nick name Zenith uses for herself, that is all

Aprilrain
12-13-2010, 04:48 AM
Thanks Nicole

Traci Elizabeth
12-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh gee! What did I start?

tanyalynn51
12-13-2010, 11:55 AM
While I know you folks are all having fun, I just want to interject that squirrels (and racoons) are incredibly intelligent and dextrous beings who share this earth with us.

I was recently listening to someone decry a particular pest that is not entirely common: the stink bug. The stink bug is annoying purely by being prolific. However, they are also annoying because, as the "decryer" said, "they damage the apple harvest". Now I love apples as much as the next person, but I have to say that this really galled me.

On reflection, I realized that we regularly apply this kind of logic to all sorts of animals: "that critter carries X disease;" "that varmint damages the environment". Stop and think about that for a couple minutes... Replace "critter" and "varmint" with "human"... Are you disturbed yet?

Humans are just another blight on this planet and it is incredibly short-sighted of us to denigrate any other species for doing what it can to survive.

Think of this in terms of how you deal with the world as a transgendered person. A significant number of non-transpeople would be inclined to lump us in with "critters" and "varmints". In fact, my lovely wife just finished a vampire novel novel in which the main vampire character confesses his vamp-ish-ness to his love interest. As he prepares, the young lady says "oh no, you aren't going to tell me you wear women's clothes, are you?"

Sorry to ramble, but these are all related. You cannot dispense hate to anyone without bringing negative feelings on yourself.

As I wrote elsewhere:

We are what we think.
All that we are arises from our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispells hate.
This is the truth,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

- Dhammapadda, "Choices", condensed from stanzas 1 and 5.

Sorry Sophia, but dont agree- Im famous among my fellow ultra conservative friends for being moderate on animal rights, but as far as real intelligence goes, I dont go much beyond wolves or dolphins. Squirels are good, if you grind the meat, with the right spices. My cat wants to weigh in- "Meow, meow meow meow"!! Im pretty sure that means "squirels real good!! Why wont dumb human let me out to eat some!"

Oh gee! What did I start?

I dont know what to tell you Traci, but it sure sounds like a lot of "nuts" are coming out with the squirels, and I guess Im at the top of that list :D

Jenna Lynne
12-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Thank you for saying this! I was quite upset by people talking about killing squirrels and raccoons. In real life, I'm also very upset by people hacking the limbs off of trees. Trees are living beings too!

pamela_a
12-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Thank you for saying this! I was quite upset by people talking about killing squirrels and raccoons. In real life, I'm also very upset by people hacking the limbs off of trees. Trees are living beings too!
And please DON'T EVER mow your grass. or eat vegatables or pick a flower.

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." Gen 1:28

CharleneT
12-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Just a nick name Zenith uses for herself, that is all

nope, trust me, she is nuts --- ooopppps.... I meant she loves nuts !

Ya, that was it, loves nuts...

Zenith
12-17-2010, 10:19 PM
nope, trust me, she is nuts --- ooopppps.... I meant she loves nuts !

Ya, that was it, loves nuts...

:loc: