PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I Am Not Quite As Stupid As I Give Myself Credit For Being

Tranny Tee
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
This week was the last to pay our property taxes, so I gt the statement wrote the check and went to Starbucks befre going to the tax collectors office in the courthouse. I was taking my new bra for a test drive that day too. While I was having my coffee I realised that the bra has underwires and may or may not make it through the metal detetor in the courthouse. When I finishe my coffee I went to the restroom and took off the bra (thanks to an old girlfriend who showed me how to take one off without taking off the shirt) stashed it in my jacket pocket and went to the courthouse. I left my jacket in the car and went into the courthouse. When I got to the metal detector I put my keys, pocket knife and belt in the tray and walked through. The thing went off, as I turned around to go back the guard gave me the tray with my stuff and sent me on my way.
It would have been interesting to have seen my expression if the metal detector had gone off if I was still wearing the bra.

Kaz
12-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Been there loads of times.. well not metal detectors, but having to remove a bra urgently... how did she show you to do it? I figured out my own routine.!

Karren H
12-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I didn't think underwires would set them off... I've been through a few and never gave it a thought. Guess if I had I'd have taken mine off too. Lol.

Loni
12-11-2010, 07:05 PM
i have been through a couple...but not know of late. pre 9-11, even had a buck knife on my belt at the oakland airport. No problem even made it past one machine and it did not go beep.
a year latter they were freaking out over a very small pocket knife. still pre 9-11. wonder what they would have done if i had a bra on ?

now with the (pre censored for the squeamish) squad (aka the tsa) at the gate i will not go to any airport...soon to be with the trains, and buses. next?

but when i had to go for jury duty i made sure of what did and DID NOT have on. i do not want to play games with the real police.
i would say a bra at the court house would not be a big problem..except for the strip search. as in who gets to watch you...the guy or lady cop?

Danni Bear
12-11-2010, 08:50 PM
everyone,

to kinda set some minds at ease. the metal detectors used in courthouses and other facilities have mass and sensivities settings. They are normally set to a threshold that will not alarm over an underwire bra. Many, many women go through them daily and never set them off wearing them. the x-ray scanners at airports will show the underwire and its placement on the body.

Danni

Cheryl James
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
For what it is worth, my wife and I went through the metal detector at a nearby courthouse. One of us was wearing an underwire bra. not me, unfortunately. Anyway, the underwire bra did not set the machine off. Perhaps, better safe than sorry, though.

Tranny Tee
12-11-2010, 10:56 PM
It depends on how high the sensitivity of the detector is set. They can be set high enough that a gust of wind can set them off or you could drive a Buick through without it noticing. I chose not to tae the chance.

docrobbysherry
12-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Just when I've gotten used to losing my tiny pocket knives and nail clippers at airports. But, NOW I'm losing them at hockey matches and the County Courthouse! Does everyone feel MUCH SAFER!?

Maybe the terrorists HAVE ALREADY WON!?

Jilmac
12-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I've seen GGs do that bra removal trick many times and some can do it so fast hardly anybody notices. As for underwire bras setting off metal detectors, that can turn into a very embarassing moment for us t girls.

AllieSF
12-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the post Tee. You just reminded me to write my property tax check to mail on Monday, a few days late. Hopefully they will accept it as is. But with California's broken economy and political process they may just charge me that big late fee. With some luck, I will not have to head to the County Tax Collector's office and worry about getting through the door with an underwire bra and metal stayed waist cincher on.

Cristi
12-12-2010, 01:19 AM
I've been through metal detectors in courthouse entrances and other buildings several times while dressed and wearing an underwire bra, earrings, necklace and watch and have never 'beeped'.

The very first time, it wasn't even an underwire bra, it was a soft cup bra but I was still worried about the hooks in the back. Now I don't even think about it.

The only time I ever had to go back through to be 'wanded' was because of the zippers down the sides of my knee-high boots.

Phyliss
12-12-2010, 06:12 AM
With two stents having been inserted in the "old ticker" I get to carry a card that allows me to bypass the scanner machine, but I get the hand wanding. If it "beeps" any wires or hooks are in the same relative area.
Over the past year, I've had the "opportunity" to enter Federal buildings for Social Security and the Probate Court. Both have those machines and haven't had any questions, even taking off my shoes, (hint wear loafers, quicker than having to re tie laces) and showing my stocking clad feet hasn't been a problem.

donnalee
12-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the post Tee. You just reminded me to write my property tax check to mail on Monday, a few days late. Hopefully they will accept it as is. But with California's broken economy and political process they may just charge me that big late fee. With some luck, I will not have to head to the County Tax Collector's office and worry about getting through the door with an underwire bra and metal stayed waist cincher on.As long as it is postmarked on or before the deadline, you're OK. If you're late, they will either return your check, or bill you for the late penalty. Governments get VERY serious about extracting money from their prey (citizens). They are not kind, have no sense of humor and don't care if you mean well.

suzy1
12-12-2010, 08:50 AM
I am sitting here at my P.C. trying to work out how you can remove a bra without taking off your shirt?
Can someone put me out of my misery.

SUZY

Billie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I am sitting here at my P.C. trying to work out how you can remove a bra without taking off your shirt?
Can someone put me out of my misery.

SUZY

Fold your arms under your bra and make it happen girl

Michelle 51
12-12-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't know the proper way but i go under my shirt with left arm and pull the strap over my right shoulder then bring left arm out and go up right arm and pull it over my right hand and let the strap go back up the sleeve.Do same on other side which lets the bra clasp be turned to the front,unhook and pull it out under your shirt.Might be easier ways but this works for me.

suzy1
12-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks Billie Jo. You’re such a help girl!

I see what you mean Michelle. But it seems a cruel way to treat a nice [and expensive] bra. I will give it a try on an old one. Is it easier for someone like me with tiny breasts?

Sorry Tranny Tee, I seem to have drifted off your subject. Hope you don’t mind too
much.

Have fun, SUZY

Crysten
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm 41 years old....and have never seen the inside of a courthouse. Now that I think of it. Other than on tv. But - now that I know it's ok to wear an underwire in, I think i'll go hang out there a while. lol.

Lissa Stevens
12-14-2010, 03:11 PM
The old "Flashdance" remove the bra move?

RADER
12-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Some under wire Bra's have plastic instead of metal for the under wire.
Maybe that is why the detectors do not go off. Rader

Stephanie Anne
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
I can also validate that underwires do not set off metal detectors. I have been through them several times in different places and never once set of an alarm.

Which makes me wonder, why belts?!?

Sarasometimes
12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I've seen GGs do that bra removal trick many times and some can do it so fast hardly anybody notices. As for underwire bras setting off metal detectors, that can turn into a very embarassing moment for us t girls.
I learned from Jennifer Beal in Flashdance when she does it on the first date and pulls it out of her sleeve!!Wow that was a hot movie!!

NV Susan
12-14-2010, 03:56 PM
While flying underdressed years ago {pre 9/11} I set off a metal detector at the airport. I think it was my watch or belt buckle that set it off but I was pulled over and had the wand run over me. When he passed it over my chest it gave two slight beeps and he said "don't know what that could be". I was under dressing so much I didn't even give it a thought until I was sitting on the plane, it was my bra!!
Now I wear a bra without undewire when flying.

Jorja
12-14-2010, 04:07 PM
There is a sure cure for this delima. Just transition and get it over with. Then you can wear your underwire bra wherever and whenever you like. ;)