PDA

View Full Version : Went to my first ever Meet and Greet

Paula TV
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I have been so delighted to have went to TV/CD greet and meet after all this time, on Friday night past. The dressing service I use in Glasgow is extremely helpful, as they run these events every month. I have been meaning to go for really 2 years now, but it's hard not living alone and you're parents don't know. I have passed the chance actually before, for multiple reasons, including not having the confidence. However, it's such a great venue, that's I've been really wanting to make that extra step this year, and if another year went by, I would feel sorry for myself, all this time I have used the dressing service and having next to no contact with other cd's.

If you've read a previous thread of mine's, I have been out dressed with the TG community in San Francisco, however I only ever met TS, and that includes the second dressers I have met, very recently. I am so glad how productive I have been in last half of 2010, going more often to get dressed, along with my first ever shopping trip in August and now this! I am hoping things can get even more productive and I can attend more next year.

Coincidence or not, but shortly before the meet and greet, I went out of my way to chat and meet other cd's in my local area. I met someone who has been very good to me, and I met him in public the week before. I dressed up for first time at his place on this special Friday past. I basically had to make a really good excuse to go, but it wasn't plain sailing(having to lie and claim I am working a trial shift), but OK now with family.

I came to the party already dressed in the outfit I bought from my first shopping trip (it's in one of my threads), I only needed heels and make-up refined lol. My new CD friend gave me lift. There must've been about 40 people at one point. I met and talked to a good many CD's, some were young, some were older, some were regulars and I was surprised there were so many first timers. Mostly Scottish, but I met some as far afield as Wales and Belfast. There were also some tranny admirers and a few women. I had my fears about the admirers, who were, you could say scavenging around the outer rings of some t-girl circles, however I always became lost in conversation with another t-girl, and I was hardly bothered, but I did talk to one who was attached to one of the t-girl's, a couple. In San Francisco, I had a major run-in with a few admirers, they were forceful yes, but I was curious at the time, and I opened up too many social cues let's say lol. I met a nice couple of GG's too, and it was refreshing to hear their thoughts on men who crossdress. It can be hard to make a mark with girls outside, when crossdressing is a part of me that can't be ignored, and I want them to know. I don't need more people left in the dark, the family being enough lol!

Also to say, It was great to talk to a CD from my generation too, and we had a great conversation about how it's perceived in the outside world. A very stunning CD too. There were still so many I was able to talk to, being so engrossed in others's conversations. There was another CD my age or younger who seemed o want to talk to me, I noticed, but we never got the chance.

I don't know about some of you're meet and greets, but some have different intentions such as looking for sex, maybe that's the drink talking though. I had to squander 2 such cases. It's not what I want, I only wanted to chat and maybe enable more social contacts. This didn't ruin my night, it wasn't ruined at all lol. However, although I am not as shy/nervous as I once was, I drank and ate too much and became sick, and the last 2 hours (after 12/1) was spent in the toilet unfortunately. I'm not used to being in big groups, that's the problem. I want to improve my confidence and it feels absolutely perfect to expand my social circle from within the TG community, I can feel I act more like myself, and you can be honest, and well, it makes you more interesting when you do. Best experiences I've had is the ones I can't tell when I was at work! I will hopefully learn from these mistakes next time, as I am really not a big drinker at all.

I completely forgot till too late to bring a camera to the event, either just for myself or with others, so hopefully next time. I doubt I will be able to go next month, not because of the money to get in, but I've basically tired my only good excuse. However, there's a chance I might finally be living on my own next year, 2011, so we'll see what happens.

SusanCACD
12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I am so so happy for you!!! I am myself very scared to venture out and actually meet others like me, and this thread really helps me find the courage to just go. I have been living alone for several years now and despite of the freedom it provides I have been dressing less and less, not even practicing make up, and planning to go out more and more. I guess I am not very sure of what I want or I am just to scared of discovery....I dunno.....But just the same, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure I am not the only one you have helped. Hopefully some day I will have a story to share.
Susan

suscd31
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Hope you are feeling better. I have yet to build the confidence to go out. Dressing by myself I've never had the chance yet to go out, hopefully that will change in the future. Good for you I hope after everything is said and done you had a great time.

Annabelle1962
12-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me a wonderful evening for you. Hope everything works out with getting your own place. You will never be out of skirts & makeup!

Paula TV
12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I am so so happy for you!!! I am myself very scared to venture out and actually meet others like me, and this thread really helps me find the courage to just go. I have been living alone for several years now and despite of the freedom it provides I have been dressing less and less, not even practicing make up, and planning to go out more and more. I guess I am not very sure of what I want or I am just to scared of discovery....I dunno.....But just the same, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure I am not the only one you have helped. Hopefully some day I will have a story to share.
Susan

I'm glad you find optimism in my post for yourself. The first time I went out was an unforgettable experience for me. Talking to other T-girls from what I've noticed, it doesn't matter what age or style you are, we are all in it together.

t-girlxsophie
12-15-2010, 05:21 PM
So happy you had a great time,I was a member of the Crosslynx TV/TS Support group in Glasgow since my first time out,till early last year but I've hardly been lately and it may have been disbanded now:(,so I probably know some of the Girls you have spoken with.The first time I went out dressed in Glasgow was the start of an Incredible journey of self discovery,Heres to many more fun times for you Paula :)

:hugs:Sophie

paulinescotlandcd
12-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I am so glad you have stepped out so to speak. You will get better and better in all departments as time goes on.

Paula TV
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I've heard of crosslynx for years but haven't been there before. I think it's still running though. Oh, I hope so too, that I will not go too far next time!

Jorja
12-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Congratulations on what sounds like a wonderful trip (except for the getting sick part ) out into the big world. You know it is addictive, right? The more you go the more comfortable you will get. Just be safe cause we want to hear all about you adventures ;)