PDA

View Full Version : Frederick's Of Hollywood

GiniGirl
09-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Just wanted to put in a plug for Frederick's of Hollywood. They've got some GREAT bras these days in the "right" sizes (you know what I mean!) and in eye-catching colors and styles. I bought two bra/panty sets as a birthday present for myself the other day!

Frederick's Of Hollywood (http://www.fredericks.com/)

anvee
09-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeeeeesssssss, I got my new catalog this week, I get all goose bumps when they arrive. Ordered a pair of shoes. I buy a lot of lingerie from them, they also have full size breast enhancers. I found them to be quite heavy though, but they sure look nice. You're right about the "right" sizes, and you can shop from the comfort of your own home. Sooooooo many nice outfits, free shipping (as if I needed more incentive) Bras and panties for $16 and $5 34A-42DD.Oooohhh just love their sales!!!!!
Teresa girl

ladyfydiana
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I have been shopping Fredericks of Hollywood for a while.I like their corsets and bustiers.I also bought a wig and shoes from them recently.

jade lee
09-14-2005, 05:38 PM
I like Fredericks of Hollywood very much.

Khriss
09-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I luv Freddy's - have a collection of the catalogs..old Brook Burke covers hmmmm...lip smackin' good ! hehe "K"

Lauren_T
09-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Reading this, I thought I remembered there was one here in Houston, so's I clicks the link to check, and what am I confronted w/ but lacy boyshorts, exactly what I've been thinkin' about gettin'... OOOooooo! There goes this week's pay...

... & Khriss, somehow I already had you figured for a Frederick's gel! :p

Stormgirl
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Fredricks is one of my favourite online shops,think I've spent over $300 there this year .

Khriss
09-14-2005, 07:56 PM
true Alie .. like "Vargas" renderings... and Betty Paige ..... never dated ..just classic !!! hmmmm hehe "K"

and yup Lauren.. I'm a Fredericks "gel" I know the spandex gives me away :p :D xx "K"

Rochelle 5
09-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I love Frederick's and they are very CD friendly. I have tried things on at the local Frederick's in the mall and made some purchases. The sales person was very nice and recommended I try various items on after she knew the purchase was for me.

JayeEdgar
09-14-2005, 11:29 PM
This thread brought a memory to mind.

A CD friend of mine and I went shopping (in drab) at the Frederick's of Hollywood which is actually IN Hollywood. It was not very busy, and we had a great time browsing through the lingerie. We each bought ourselves a couple of items which we wore later that evening when we went out together (en femme) after a professional makeover. The sales staff was very friendly and helpful and not at all judgmental.

Thanks for reminding me of this happy time.

Khriss
09-15-2005, 03:25 AM
wow "J" so dreams can come true in Hollywood..... go figure ..hehe xx"K"

kymmieLorain
09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
I may have been the frederick's of hollywood catalog that got me into Lingerie and CDing. I just wish there where more retail stores around. I just love to go shopping there.

Kymmie

Donna
09-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the tip! I usually shop at Filene's or V.S. (they have great panties),

Donna

ebony
09-15-2005, 03:53 PM
I love fredricks of hollywood the girls are always helpful never give me any wierd vibes that males me want to get up and leave. Plus my favorite sales girl Judy always trying to sell me more stuff, I think she likes me.

KathrynTX
09-15-2005, 07:33 PM
I love Frederick's of Hollywood, especially the stuff they had back in the 90's, and the models they had. WOW!!!

Cindy Margolis
Anita Hart
Yvette Nelson
Leeann Tweeden
Shauna Sand
Nikki Schieler
Rosie Tennison
Gretchen Stockdale
Brooke Burke
Angelica Bridges

just to name a few...

Alayna
09-17-2005, 02:36 AM
I think Frederick's stuff is pretty cheaply made. You just have to periodically check the clearance section and time the sales right and VS stuff is much cheaper and lasts longer. I just bought 12 panties from them in the Pink and Second Skin satin line and they were all less than $5 (half of them were $2.99. Why did I buy 12 pairs of panties you ask? Gift card! That and their clothes pretty much all suck;).

Of course that doesn't mean I don't check the Frederick's site a lot - they have some sexy stuff! I've almost bought those pumps they sell a few times (the ones that come in 10 or so different colors, and in size 13!!!). Plus they make those long-sleeve chemises that are really short:drool:

I do have one big gripe with them. Their corsets are terrible! They're not even corsets, they're bustiers and shapers. That Ultimate Corset is a joke, it can shape you a little, but it wears out quickly if you really try and tighten it down. And just to set things straight before I get flamed, I don't say that just because I make corsets - I really think they are cheaply made ripoffs. The Ultimate Corset was the 1st one I ever bought and I returned it the next day. They're ok if you wan't a pretty shaper, but it bugs me that they sell and advertise them as corsets.:cry: Ok, I'm done whining

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-17-2005, 12:34 PM
I do have one big gripe with them. Their corsets are terrible! They're not even corsets, they're bustiers and shapers. That Ultimate Corset is a joke, it can shape you a little, but it wears out quickly if you really try and tighten it down.

That's pretty much true of any "regular" corset sold in lingerie shops. They're really to look pretty on GGs who don't really need them. To get an effective corset, you have to go to a specialty corset shop and they're not cheap.

KristiCDOKC
09-17-2005, 01:49 PM
That's pretty much true of any "regular" corset sold in lingerie shops. They're really to look pretty on GGs who don't really need them. To get an effective corset, you have to go to a specialty corset shop and they're not cheap.

Definitely true. "Lingerie" corsets are meant for a subtle bit of nipping, and are mainly there just to look good. A real corset, with strong grommets in the back, busk closure in the front, and real steel (as opposed to spiral steel) boning will definitely get the job done, but be prepared to spend at least $250 and upwards of $500. The corset my wife wants is going to run about $400 when it's all said and done as she can't wear "off the rack" due to her bust being opposite sized from her small waist. :D

Some great sites for corsets are Dark Garden (http://www.darkgarden.com/), Delicious Corsets by Psydde (http://deliciouscorsets.com/DC_home.html), and Versatile Fashions (www.versatilefashions.com). Versatile also has some great fetish wear, too! :love:

Alayna
09-17-2005, 03:16 PM
uh huh, uh huh:thumbsup::thumbsup: VS is the only lingerie shop I saw actually selling a corset and it was last xmas and it was crap. Off-th-rack, poorly sewn (even in the model pic) and it was $300! There is no option when getting a corset other than custom-made - an expensive, functional garment like that can be no less if it is to work properly and fit comfortably. To anyone buying a corset, holler at me if you're confused or unsure of something. I have a lot of experience in corsetry and can point you in the right direction (check out Romantasy.com
too for good links and pics)

Now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast;). This is one thing about Fredericks that I love! I wish garter skirts were more popular