PDA

View Full Version : Panty hose and "frendly" Cats

MarinaTwelve200
09-14-2005, 02:50 PM
About a week ago a neighobour gave me an overly frendly, "bouncing off the wall", half grown kitty. I dressed today for the first time since. Good bye panty hose! Need I say more? Anybody have any ideas? --or similar experience?

JocelynG
09-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Silkies is a no run pantyhose and they have some wonderful shades as well. So you can keep your kitty and your hose :)

Carlacd
09-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Shoot the cat ;)

Just Kidding Ladies :)

Got 2 dogs which are pugs, and 3 cats.

Rachael Warren
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't wear them often for that reason!

Kittens see legs as a ladder to your lap, need I say more. ;)

Freya and I usually have claw marks all over our legs from the "babies".

Best to just avoid them in hose, they are bad enough on trousers!

Rachael. :)

Tristen Cox
09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Kitty shoes, pink ones:p

DonnaT
09-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Declaw the cat, if it is a house cat, and doesn't go out.

Sherrie
09-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Get soft paws. They dont hurt the kitty or your hose. Kissssses

Phoebe Reece
09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I have five adult cats in my house. A few pairs have been ruined due to them. It doesn't keep me from wearing hose around the house though. You just have to keep watching the cats and try to anticipate their moves (lotsa luck).

Katie Ashe
09-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Put some cat nip in the hose leg part, tie it into a ball, then play toss with kitty. He'll leave you alone. Cat training is done with a water gun, by the way. But don't shot the cat for fun, it'll have a negative impacts and just make it more agressive/or so fearfull it'll hate you for ever.

All else fails get a dog for it to play with :eek: :p

Jill
09-15-2005, 12:06 PM
I grew up with cats and it's funny because those cats were the first ones to ever see me dressed up, I always felt a little strange to have them watch me. Anyway, I used to put them outside or in the garage while I was dressing.

obsessedwithpantyhose
09-16-2005, 10:36 PM
i have 2 fully clawed cats,, one is a clutz and the other is a spring :D

they both have cost me a few pairs of pantyhose,, i just keep track of where im at and what they r up to :D

Sweet Jeanette
09-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Having a cat declawed is like a person having 10 separate amputations of the tips of their fingers! ----I have had 2 cats for 17 years, with full claws. I lost Very few thigh highs due to claws. --- The hose is not that expensive! ---Give the cat a break. --- What if it ever got out? ---It couldn't defend itself, couldnt climb a tree to get away from dogs, things like that. Cats "naturally" like to claw things, to shed the old outer claw, much like we cut our fingernails. Give the cat a scratch post, and the watergun idea sounds good, but dont overdo it. And, if you do loose a few pair of stockings? --- Whats the big Deal? -----(Animal lover)! :thumbsup:

Lindahexi
09-20-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm with Jeanette on this one, I love cats, so I guess I'm a bit biased, but really; de-clawing a cat is a horrendous idea. I have always had scratching posts for my cats, strategically placed around the house, and the cats use them; I can honestly say they never claw at my legs. Marina get a good size scratching post and every time the cat goes to claw you take it to the post and hopefully it will learn to use it.